Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. (SC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SC POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.65% of US stocks.
- SC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 170 days.
- SC ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
SC Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.13, Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 4.56% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc is higher than it is for about 97.54% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that SC's revenue has grown 183.22% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 95.85% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc are NNI, RC, PMT, BPMP, and ALX.
- SC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc's official web site, go to www.santanderconsumerusa.com.
SC Valuation Summary
- SC's price/sales ratio is 2.6; this is 18.75% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 92 months, SC's price/earnings ratio has gone down 7.6.
- Over the past 92 months, SC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 13.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SC.
SC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 0.56%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 50.74%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -6.99%.
The table below shows SC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.31% of graded US stocks.
- SC's asset turnover comes in at 0.11 -- ranking 46th of 428 Banking stocks.
- OMF, TBK, and UBSI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SC.
The table below shows SC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.60||52-week high||$42.87|
|Prev. close||$41.59||52-week low||$21.97|
|Day high||$41.80||Avg. volume||742,058|
|50-day MA||$41.93||Dividend yield||2.12%|
|200-day MA||$40.03||Market Cap||12.73B|
Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. (SC) Company Bio
Santander Consumer US Holdings provides vehicle finance and unsecured consumer lending products in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SC Latest Social Stream
View Full SC Social Stream
Latest SC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SC as an investment opportunity.
These are the financial stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for February 2022.
The United States subsidiary of Spanish banking giant Santander got approval for the $2.5-billion acquisition of its Dallas-based auto lending affiliate after extending the deadline of the deal 14 times since September. Boston-based Santander Holdings USA (SHUSA) will take Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. (SC) private, closing the deal it inked last fall. In August, SHUSA said it would purchase the remaining 20% of the shares it didn’t own of SC for $41.50 each.
Chicago, IL, based Investment company Lsv Asset Management (Current Portfolio) buys Dell Technologies Inc, Lockheed Martin Corp, Ryder System Inc, Carter's Inc, The Mosaic Co, sells Ziff Davis Inc, Baidu Inc, Exelon Corp, Kimberly-Clark Corp, MasTec Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Lsv Asset Management.
Santander Holdings USA, Inc. Announces Federal Reserve Approval of its Acquisition of the Shares It Does Not Own of Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. and the Expiration of its Tender Offer to Acquire Such Shares
BOSTON, January 28, 2022--Santander Holdings USA, Inc. ("SHUSA") today announced that the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (the "Federal Reserve Board") has approved the acquisition of all outstanding shares of common stock of Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. ("SC") not already owned by SHUSA and that SHUSA’s previously announced tender offer (the "Tender Offer") to acquire such shares of common stock of SC for $41.50 per share (the "Offer Price") has expired.
Itasca, IL, based Investment company Balasa Dinverno & Foltz Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Tesla Inc, Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc, Louisiana-Pacific Corp, iShares ESG MSCI USA Leaders ETF, PotlatchDeltic Corp, sells Duke Energy Corp, Bank of Montreal, Verizon Communications Inc, Cisco Systems Inc, Merck Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Balasa Dinverno & Foltz Llc.
SC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc (SC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc (SC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc (SC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch