Seaboard Corporation (SEB): Price and Financial Metrics
SEB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3,728.11||52-week high||$4,090.63|
|Prev. close||$3,706.80||52-week low||$3,295.00|
|Day high||$3,768.97||Avg. volume||1,041|
|50-day MA||$3,627.23||Dividend yield||0.24%|
|200-day MA||$3,769.64||Market Cap||4.33B|
SEB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SEB POWR Grades
- SEB scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 92.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SEB is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SEB's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 3.98% of US stocks).
SEB Stock Summary
- SEABOARD CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.16% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of SEABOARD CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.22% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SEB is more volatile than only 1.69% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SEABOARD CORP are GEF, INGR, JCSE, WU, and L.
- Visit SEB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.seaboardcorp.com.
SEB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, SEB's price/sales ratio is 78.95% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- SEB's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SEB.
SEB Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -25.59%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -10.33%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 59.32%.
The table below shows SEB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SEB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SEB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.6% of graded US stocks.
- SEB's asset turnover comes in at 1.243 -- ranking 10th of 443 Trading stocks.
- PZN, MC, and VRTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SEB.
The table below shows SEB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Seaboard Corporation (SEB) Company Bio
Seaboard Corporation operates as a diverse agribusiness and transportation company worldwide. Its Pork division is involved in hog production and pork processing; and the production and sale of fresh and frozen pork products to further processors, foodservice operators, grocery stores, distributors, and retail outlets. The company was founded in 1918 and is based in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
SEB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SEB Latest Social Stream
View Full SEB Social Stream
Latest SEB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SEABOARD CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SEB as an investment opportunity.
The following is a report of earnings for Seaboard Corporation (NYSE American symbol: SEB), with offices at 9000 West 67th Street, Merriam, Kansas, for the three- and six-months ended July 1, 2023 and July 2, 2022, in millions of dollars except share and per share amounts.
While the best discounts may have faded in the spring of 2020, there are still bargain stocks to buy for adventurous investors.
The following is a report of earnings for Seaboard Corporation (NYSE American symbol: SEB), with offices at 9000 West 67th Street, Merriam, Kansas, for the three months ended April 1, 2023 and April 2, 2022, in millions of dollars except share and per share amounts.
In this article, we will take a look at the 11 best conglomerate stocks to buy now. If you want to explore similar stocks, you can also take a look at 5 Best Conglomerate Stocks to Buy Now. Conglomerates are corporations that own and operate multiple diverse businesses, encompassing industries such as manufacturing, finance, technology, […]
The following is a report of earnings for Seaboard Corporation (NYSE American symbol: SEB), with offices at 9000 West 67th Street, Merriam, Kansas, for the quarters and years ended December 31, 2022 and December 31, 2021, in millions of dollars except share and per share amounts.
SEB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|