Seaboard Corporation (SEB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SEB POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SEB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SEB is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- SEB's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 17.07% of US stocks).
SEB Stock Summary
- SEABOARD CORP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.42% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of SEABOARD CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SEB is more volatile than just 2.68% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SEABOARD CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be SENEA, INGR, GEF, JCSE, and L.
- SEB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SEABOARD CORP's official web site, go to www.seaboardcorp.com.
SEB Valuation Summary
- SEB's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 63.64% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SEB's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 44.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SEB.
SEB Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -25.59%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -10.33%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 59.32%.
The table below shows SEB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SEB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SEB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 41.6% of graded US stocks.
- SEB's asset turnover comes in at 1.243 -- ranking 10th of 443 Trading stocks.
- PZN, MC, and VRTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SEB.
The table below shows SEB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SEB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SEB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3,845.00||52-week high||$4,394.25|
|Prev. close||$3,836.98||52-week low||$3,295.00|
|Day high||$3,890.55||Avg. volume||915|
|50-day MA||$3,896.26||Dividend yield||0.24%|
|200-day MA||$3,846.92||Market Cap||4.46B|
Seaboard Corporation (SEB) Company Bio
Seaboard Corporation operates as a diverse agribusiness and transportation company worldwide. Its Pork division is involved in hog production and pork processing; and the production and sale of fresh and frozen pork products to further processors, foodservice operators, grocery stores, distributors, and retail outlets. The company was founded in 1918 and is based in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SEB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SEB Latest Social Stream
View Full SEB Social Stream
Latest SEB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SEABOARD CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SEB as an investment opportunity.
REPORT OF EARNINGS AND DIVIDEND DECLARATION
The following is a report of earnings for Seaboard Corporation (NYSE American symbol: SEB), with offices at 9000 West 67th Street, Merriam, Kansas, for the quarters and years ended December 31, 2022 and December 31, 2021, in millions of dollars except share and per share amounts.
3 Stocks That Are Better Candidates for Stock Splits in 2023 Than Amazon Was Last Year
There's no guarantee these stocks will split this year. But their share prices are certainly high enough to do so.
3 Stocks to Buy for a Happy Thanksgiving
It’s turkey time once more.
The 3 Best Turkey-Producing Stocks to Gobble Up
processed beef, pork,….
10 Stocks That May Be Splitting Soon
In this article, we will discuss the 10 stocks that may be splitting soon. If you want to explore similar stocks, you can also take a look at 5 Stocks That May Be Splitting Soon. A stock split is when a company increases its number of outstanding shares in an effort to boost its stock’s […]
SEB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SEBHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Seaboard Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Seaboard Corp (SEB) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Seaboard Corp (SEB) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Seaboard Corp (SEB) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...