Star Group L.P. (SGU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SGU POWR Grades
- SGU scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.9% of US stocks.
- SGU's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- SGU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
SGU Stock Summary
- SGU's current price/earnings ratio is 4.93, which is higher than just 5.55% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Star Group Lp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.21% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.27, Star Group Lp has a higher such ratio than merely 4.25% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SGU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ERF, SNDR, TA, HTLD, and LMFA.
- SGU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Star Group Lp's official web site, go to www.stargrouplp.com.
SGU Valuation Summary
- SGU's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 80% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- SGU's price/earnings ratio has moved down 32 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SGU's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SGU.
SGU Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 50.07%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 114.24%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 31.61%.
The table below shows SGU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SGU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SGU has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.9% of graded US stocks.
- SGU's asset turnover comes in at 1.618 -- ranking 68th of 164 Retail stocks.
- CASY, BNED, and AZO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SGU.
The table below shows SGU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SGU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.45||52-week high||$12.03|
|Prev. close||$10.20||52-week low||$9.07|
|Day high||$10.63||Avg. volume||68,666|
|50-day MA||$10.75||Dividend yield||5.59%|
|200-day MA||$10.49||Market Cap||413.88M|
Star Group L.P. (SGU) Company Bio
StarGas Partners LP operates as a home heating oil and propane distributor and services provider to residential and commercial customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
SGU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGU Latest Social Stream
View Full SGU Social Stream
Latest SGU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Star Group Lp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGU as an investment opportunity.
STAR Group police officers negotiated with a South Australian man for hours after he allegedly assaulted a woman he knew.
STAMFORD, Conn., Aug. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today announced financial results for the fiscal 2021 third quarter and nine months ended June 30, 2021.
STAMFORD, Conn., Aug. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the Company or Star) (NYSE: SGU), a leading home energy distributor and services provider, today announced that it will release its fiscal 2021 third quarter results after the close of trading on August 4, 2021. Members of Star''s management team will host a webcast and conference call at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time the following day, August 5, 2021, to review the three and nine months ended June 30, 2021.
STAMFORD, Conn., July 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today declared its quarterly distribution of $0.1425 per common unit for the three months ended June 30, 2021.
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We have processed the filings of the more than 866 world-class investment firms that we track and now have access to the collective wisdom contained in […]
SGU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|