Star Group L.P. (SGU): Price and Financial Metrics
SGU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.07||52-week high||$15.22|
|Prev. close||$12.90||52-week low||$8.50|
|Day high||$13.28||Avg. volume||47,011|
|50-day MA||$11.87||Dividend yield||5.21%|
|200-day MA||$12.68||Market Cap||465.33M|
SGU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGU POWR Grades
- SGU scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.43% of US stocks.
- SGU's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SGU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
SGU Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SGU is 6.86 -- better than 94.24% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 251.45, STAR GROUP LP P/E ratio is greater than that of about 98% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of STAR GROUP LP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 2.36% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to STAR GROUP LP are BRSP, KRG, NTST, DEI, and CWEN.
- Visit SGU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stargrouplp.com.
SGU Valuation Summary
- SGU's EV/EBIT ratio is 36.7; this is 353.09% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SGU's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SGU.
SGU Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 21.2%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 28.54%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 107.55%.
The table below shows SGU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SGU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SGU has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.91% of graded US stocks.
- SGU's asset turnover comes in at 1.618 -- ranking 68th of 165 Retail stocks.
- CASY, BNED, and SBH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SGU.
The table below shows SGU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Star Group L.P. (SGU) Company Bio
StarGas Partners LP operates as a home heating oil and propane distributor and services provider to residential and commercial customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
SGU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGU Latest Social Stream
View Full SGU Social Stream
Latest SGU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STAR GROUP LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGU as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 12 best dividend stocks under $20. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their performance in the past, and go directly to read 5 Best Dividend Stocks Under $20. In 2023, dividend-paying stocks faced difficulties, but experienced investors understand that short-term setbacks don’t deter them. They know […]
As investors anticipate this forthcoming payment, attention is also drawn to the company's dividend history, yield, and growth rates. Using the data from GuruFocus, let's delve into Star Group LP's dividend performance and evaluate its sustainability. What Does Star Group LP Do?
STAMFORD, Conn., Oct. 10, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today declared its quarterly distribution of $0.1625 per common unit for the three months ended September 30, 2023. Record date: October 20, 2023Payment date: October 30, 2023 About Star Group, L.P.Star Group, L.P. is a full service provider specializing in the sale of home heating products and services to residential and commercial customers
A potentially big move by one of VinFast Auto's suppliers has caught the market's attention.
In the latest volatile session since its backdoor listing last week, VinFast's stock was last up 127% at $40.24, giving it a market capitalization of $95 billion. Last Tuesday, the cash-burning company soared as it started trading on the U.S. stock market with an opening price of $22 following its tie-up with SPAC partner Black Spade Acquisition. With 99% of the EV firm controlled by founder Pham Nhat Vuong, the tiny amount of publicly available shares has made the stock prone to volatility.
SGU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|