Star Group L.P. (SGU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SGU POWR Grades
- SGU scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.76% of US stocks.
- SGU's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SGU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 25th percentile.
SGU Stock Summary
- Star Group Lp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.86% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Star Group Lp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.26, Star Group Lp has a higher such ratio than merely 4.1% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Star Group Lp, a group of peers worth examining would be LMFA, TA, BHF, RLGT, and ATTO.
- Visit SGU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stargrouplp.com.
SGU Valuation Summary
- SGU's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 80% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- SGU's price/earnings ratio has moved down 32 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SGU's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SGU.
SGU Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -45.99%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 218.07%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5805.42%.
The table below shows SGU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SGU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SGU has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.91% of graded US stocks.
- SGU's asset turnover comes in at 1.618 -- ranking 68th of 165 Retail stocks.
- CASY, BNED, and SBH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SGU.
The table below shows SGU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SGU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.19||52-week high||$11.89|
|Prev. close||$9.46||52-week low||$9.12|
|Day high||$9.58||Avg. volume||71,547|
|50-day MA||$10.74||Dividend yield||6.64%|
|200-day MA||$10.57||Market Cap||338.04M|
Star Group L.P. (SGU) Company Bio
StarGas Partners LP operates as a home heating oil and propane distributor and services provider to residential and commercial customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
SGU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGU Latest Social Stream
View Full SGU Social Stream
Latest SGU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Star Group Lp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGU as an investment opportunity.
Atlanta, GA, based Investment company Aurora Investment Counsel (Current Portfolio) buys The Scotts Miracle Gro Co, MDU Resources Group Inc, Cummins Inc, Sonos Inc, Sun Communities Inc, sells Koppers Holdings Inc, Intercontinental Exchange Inc, Life Storage Inc, Hubbell Inc, during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Aurora Investment Counsel.
No summary available.
The BOIL ETF is enjoying the ride as falling temperatures drive natural gas prices up.
Star Group press release (SGU): Q1 GAAP EPS of $0.32.Revenue of $488.3M (+30.8% Y/Y).
STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today announced financial results for the fiscal 2022 first quarter ended December 31, 2021. Three Months Ended December 31, 2021 Compared to the Three Months Ended December 31, 2020For the fiscal 2022 first quarter, Star reported a 30.8 percent increase in total revenue to $488.3 million compared with $373.3 million in the prior-year period,
SGU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|