Star Group L.P. (SGU): Price and Financial Metrics
SGU Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.4, Star Group Lp P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 4.86% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Star Group Lp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.89% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Star Group Lp's share price is greater than that of merely 2.15% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Star Group Lp are SWN, TA, PVAC, SNDR, and ATI.
- Visit SGU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stargrouplp.com.
SGU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.41||52-week high||$11.20|
|Prev. close||$11.19||52-week low||$6.99|
|Day high||$11.20||Avg. volume||61,171|
|50-day MA||$10.28||Dividend yield||5.09%|
|200-day MA||$9.68||Market Cap||419.61M|
Star Group L.P. (SGU) Company Bio
StarGas Partners LP operates as a home heating oil and propane distributor and services provider to residential and commercial customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
SGU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Star Group Lp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Star Group Lp ranked in the 79th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Star Group Lp ended up being:
- Star Group Lp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 2.85% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Star Group Lp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 19 -- greater than 77.67% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 6.4% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SGU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGU Latest Social Stream
View Full SGU Social Stream
Latest SGU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Star Group Lp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGU as an investment opportunity.
STAMFORD, Conn., Jan. 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the “Company” or “Star”) (NYSE: SGU), a leading home energy distributor and services provider, today announced that it will release its fiscal 2021 first quarter results after the close of trading on February 3, 2021. Members of Star's management team will host a webcast and conference call at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time the following day, February 4, 2021, to review the three months ended December 31, 2020. The webcast will be accessible on the company’s website, at www.stargrouplp.com, and the telephone number for the conference call is 877-327-7688 (or 412-317-5112 for international callers). About Star Group, L.P.Star Group, L.P. is a full service provider specializing in the sale of home heating products and services ...
Shares of Star Group, L.P. (NYSE:SGU) passed above its 200-day moving average during trading on Friday . The stock has a 200-day moving average of $8.73 and traded as high as $9.73. Star Group shares last traded at $9.60, with a volume of 80,396 shares. Separately, TheStreet upgraded Star Group from a “c+” rating to […]
With me on the call today are Jeff Woosnam, Chief Executive Officer; and Rich Ambury, Chief Financial Officer. This conference call may include forward-looking statements that represent the Company's expectations and beliefs concerning future events that involve risks and uncertainties and may cause the Company's actual performance to be materially different from the performance indicated or implied by such statements.
STAMFORD, Conn., Aug. 03, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today announced financial results for the fiscal 2020 third quarter and nine months ended June 30, 2020. Three Months Ended June 30, 2020 Compared to the Three Months Ended June 30, 2019 For the fiscal 2020 third quarter, Star reported an 18.1 percent decrease in total revenue to $232.2 million compared with $283.4 million in the prior-year period, as a decline in selling prices, in response to lower wholesale product costs, and reduced service and installation sales was only partially offset by an increase in home heating oil and propane volume sold.The volume of home heating oil and propane sold during the fiscal 2020 third quarte...
STAMFORD, Conn., July 29, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the “Company” or “Star”) (NYSE: SGU), a leading home energy distributor and services…
SGU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SGUWant to see what other sources are saying about Star Group Lp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!