Star Group L.P. (SGU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SGU POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SGU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SGU is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SGU ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
SGU Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SGU is 6.11 -- better than 93.2% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of STAR GROUP LP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- SGU's price/sales ratio is 0.16; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 4.13% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to STAR GROUP LP are HTLD, TA, SNDR, HEXO, and RLGT.
- SGU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STAR GROUP LP's official web site, go to www.stargrouplp.com.
SGU Valuation Summary
- SGU's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 89.47% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- SGU's price/earnings ratio has moved up 47 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SGU.
SGU Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 33.75%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 28.12%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -122.05%.
The table below shows SGU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SGU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SGU has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.91% of graded US stocks.
- SGU's asset turnover comes in at 1.618 -- ranking 68th of 165 Retail stocks.
- CASY, BNED, and SBH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SGU.
The table below shows SGU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SGU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.52||52-week high||$11.67|
|Prev. close||$8.59||52-week low||$8.00|
|Day high||$8.62||Avg. volume||52,789|
|50-day MA||$8.51||Dividend yield||7.1%|
|200-day MA||$9.62||Market Cap||313.40M|
Star Group L.P. (SGU) Company Bio
StarGas Partners LP operates as a home heating oil and propane distributor and services provider to residential and commercial customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
SGU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGU Latest Social Stream
View Full SGU Social Stream
Latest SGU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STAR GROUP LP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGU as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will discuss 11 best dividend stocks under $20. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their returns in the past, and go directly to read 5 Best Dividend Stocks Under $20. Before dividend stocks, growth companies were all the rage as they reinvested capital to grow their businesses. […]
STAMFORD, Conn., Oct. 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today declared its quarterly distribution of $0.1525 per common unit for the three months ended September 30, 2022 Record date: October 31, 2022Payment date: November 8, 2022 About Star Group, L.P.Star Group, L.P. is a full service provider specializing in the sale of home heating products and services to residential and commercial customers t
What are the best dividend stocks under $50? The risks of a global recession are rising, with equity markets showing their worst performance since the recession of 2008. According to a probability model by Ned Davis Research, there is currently a 98.1% chance of a recession globally. The only other time the probability model showed […]
In this article, we discuss the best dividend stocks under $50. You can skip our detailed analysis of dividend stocks and their returns over the years, and go directly to read 5 Best Dividend Paying Stocks Under $50. The risks of a global recession are rising, with equity markets showing their worst performance since the […]
STAMFORD, Conn., Aug. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today announced financial results for the fiscal 2022 third quarter and nine months ended June 30, 2022. Three Months Ended June 30, 2022 Compared to the Three Months Ended June 30, 2021For the fiscal 2022 third quarter, Star reported a 55.1 percent increase in total revenue to $439.1 million compared with $283.1 million in the prior-year peri
SGU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|