Star Group L.P. (SGU): Price and Financial Metrics
SGU Stock Summary
- SGU's current price/earnings ratio is 6.16, which is higher than just 4.59% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Star Group Lp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.06% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Star Group Lp's share price is greater than that of merely 3.49% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SGU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TA, SWN, CPG, SNDR, and ATI.
- Visit SGU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stargrouplp.com.
SGU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SGU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.05||52-week high||$10.15|
|Prev. close||$10.01||52-week low||$6.11|
|Day high||$10.15||Avg. volume||64,557|
|50-day MA||$9.67||Dividend yield||5.29%|
|200-day MA||$9.32||Market Cap||405.10M|
Star Group L.P. (SGU) Company Bio
StarGas Partners LP operates as a home heating oil and propane distributor and services provider to residential and commercial customers in the United States. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
SGU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SGU, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Star Group Lp ranked in the 78th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Star Group Lp ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.75 years, is -0.02% -- higher than merely 21.36% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Star Group Lp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.45% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 6.36% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SGU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SGU Latest Social Stream
View Full SGU Social Stream
Latest SGU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Star Group Lp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SGU as an investment opportunity.
Star Group, L.P. (SGU) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 4, 2021 11:00 AM ET Company Participants Chris Witty - IR Jeff Woosnam - President and CEO Rich Ambury - CFO Conference Call Participants Michael Prouting - 10K Capital LLC Tim Mullen - Laurelton Management Presentation Operator Good day, and...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 4, 2021 / Star Group LP (NYSE:SGU) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 4, 2021 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time.To listen to the event live or access a replay of the call - visit https://www.
STAMFORD, Conn., Feb. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the "Company" or "Star") (NYSE:SGU), a home energy distributor and services provider, today announced financial results for the fiscal 2021 first quarter ended December 31, 2020. Three Months Ended December 31, 2020 Compared to the Three Months Ended December 31, 2019For the fiscal 2021 first quarter, Star reported a 26.6 percent decrease in total revenue to $373.3 million compared with $508.9 million in the prior-year period, reflecting a decline in selling prices in response to lower wholesale product costs and a decrease in total volume sold. The volume of home heating oil and propane sold during the fiscal 2021 first quarter decreased by 17.6 million gallons, or 16.4 percent, to 89.5 million gallons due to the impa...
STAMFORD, Conn., Jan. 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Star Group, L.P. (the “Company” or “Star”) (NYSE: SGU), a leading home energy distributor and services provider, today announced that it will release its fiscal 2021 first quarter results after the close of trading on February 3, 2021. Members of Star's management team will host a webcast and conference call at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time the following day, February 4, 2021, to review the three months ended December 31, 2020. The webcast will be accessible on the company’s website, at www.stargrouplp.com, and the telephone number for the conference call is 877-327-7688 (or 412-317-5112 for international callers). About Star Group, L.P.Star Group, L.P. is a full service provider specializing in the sale of home heating products and services ...
At the end of February we announced the arrival of the first US recession since 2009 and we predicted that the market will decline by at least 20% in (Recession is Imminent: We Need A Travel Ban NOW). In these volatile markets we scrutinize hedge fund filings to get a reading on which direction each […]
SGU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SGUWant to see what other sources are saying about Star Group Lp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!