SINOPEC Shangai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. (SHI): Price and Financial Metrics
SHI Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd is higher than only 2.42% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.66% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SHI comes in at 63.32% -- higher than that of 96.9% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be SIF, SENEA, GCP, DVCR, and DVD.
- SHI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd's official web site, go to www.spc.com.cn.
SHI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.30||52-week high||$28.96|
|Prev. close||$25.46||52-week low||$17.03|
|Day high||$25.40||Avg. volume||28,622|
|50-day MA||$24.23||Dividend yield||5.81%|
|200-day MA||$22.07||Market Cap||N/A|
SINOPEC Shangai Petrochemical Company, Ltd. (SHI) Company Bio
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical operates as a refining-chemical integrated petrochemical company in China. The company operates through five segments: Synthetic Fibres, Resins and Plastics, Intermediate Petrochemicals, Petroleum Products, and Trading of Petrochemical Products. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Shanghai, China.
SHI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd ranked in the 13th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 50.17 -- which is good for besting 98.36% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Energy sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 0% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 2.58% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- SHI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 59.36% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SHI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHI Latest Social Stream
View Full SHI Social Stream
Latest SHI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHI as an investment opportunity.
NIO Inc. (NYSE: NIO ) held to its mid-April schedule for announcing a strategic partnership agreement with Chinese oil giant Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited (NYSE: SHI ). Rumors of a potential partnership began circulating after Sinopec's Chairman Zhang Yuzhuo visited one of Nio's battery swap stations during the Chinese New Year holiday in mid-February. A ‘Win-Win' Tie-Up: Nio and Sinopec jointly unveiled Nio's Power Swap Station 2.0 at the latter's Chaoying gas filling station in Beijing. The partnership will foster the Chinese smart EV industry and help hit permissible carbon emissions norms and achieve carbon neutrality, according to the companies. Sinopec is an integrated oil company, the biggest in China, with both upstream and downstream operations. It also has the...
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical (SHI): FY GAAP EPS of RMB0.06.Revenue of RMB74.62B (-25.5% Y/Y)Press Release ...
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical (NYSE:SHI) and Avient (NYSE:AVNT) are both mid-cap basic materials companies, but which is the better business? We will contrast the two companies based on the strength of their institutional ownership, earnings, analyst recommendations, risk, profitability, dividends and valuation. Dividends Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical pays an annual dividend of $1.47 per share and has […]
Avient (NYSE:AVNT) and Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical (NYSE:SHI) are both mid-cap basic materials companies, but which is the better investment? We will compare the two businesses based on the strength of their dividends, earnings, valuation, institutional ownership, risk, profitability and analyst recommendations. Earnings and Valuation This table compares Avient and Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical’s revenue, earnings per […]
SHI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SHIWant to do more research on Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd (SHI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd (SHI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Co Ltd (SHI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!