J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SJM POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SJM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SJM is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SJM ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
SJM Stock Summary
- J M SMUCKER Co's market capitalization of $14,769,949,864 is ahead of 84.99% of US-listed equities.
- The volatility of J M SMUCKER Co's share price is greater than that of only 7.95% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- J M SMUCKER Co's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 9.85%, greater than the shareholder yield of 80.29% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SJM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FBHS, LKQ, PKI, BWA, and PHM.
- Visit SJM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.jmsmucker.com.
SJM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SJM's price/earnings ratio is 26.98% lower, now standing at 15.7.
- SJM's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SJM.
SJM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SJM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$133.78||52-week high||$140.65|
|Prev. close||$134.78||52-week low||$101.89|
|Day high||$135.40||Avg. volume||1,098,132|
|50-day MA||$133.65||Dividend yield||2.67%|
|200-day MA||$121.01||Market Cap||14.66B|
J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM) Company Bio
JM Smucker provides various consumer food and beverage products, including coffee, peanut butter, fruit spreads, shortening and oils, baking mixes and ready-to-spread frostings, canned milk, flour and baking ingredients, juices and beverages, frozen sandwiches, toppings, syrups, pickles, condiments, grain products, and nut mix products; and pet products comprising dry and wet dog food, dry and wet cat food, dog snacks, and cat snacks. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Orrville, Ohio.
SJM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SJM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that J M SMUCKER Co ranked in the 55th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SJM, they are:
- J M SMUCKER Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 12.04% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, J M SMUCKER Co experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than 69.65% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SJM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SJM Latest Social Stream
View Full SJM Social Stream
Latest SJM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about J M SMUCKER Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SJM as an investment opportunity.
B&G Foods' (BGS) retail business is benefiting from high pandemic-led at home consumption. However, rising expenses associated with COVID-19 as well as cost inflation are a concern.
The coffee industry is a complex and multilayered one, including everything from producers and distributors to processors, wholesalers, and retailers. Notable names in the coffee industry include Starbucks Corp. (SBUX), J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM), and Restaurant Brands International Inc. (QSR). There is no single sector or ETF for the coffee industry, and coffee-related stocks can be found both in the consumer discretionary and consumer staples sectors.
Food and beverage maker J.M. Smucker Company (SJM) reported better-than-expected Q4 results. Shares rose 1.4% to close at $137.88 on June 3. Notably, the company completed the divestiture of the Crisco business on December 1, 2020, and the divestiture of the Natural Balance business on January 29, 2021. Adjusted earnings stood at $1.89 per share in Q4, a decrease of 26.5% year-over-year. However, earnings surpassed the Street’s estimates of $1.67 per share. Net sales for the quarter declined 3% (excluding divestitures) to $1.92 billion, compared to the Street’s estimates of $1.88 billion. Results were impacted by the pandemic. During the quarter (excluding divestitures), U.S. retail pet foods sales declined 6% to $674.
In the current session, JM Smucker Inc. (NYSE: SJM ) is trading at $138.81, after a 0.67% gain. Over the past month, the stock increased by 1.60%, and in the past year, by 24.86%. With performance like this, long-term shareholders are optimistic but others are more likely to look into the price-to-earnings ratio to see if the stock might be overvalued. Assuming that all other factors are held constant, this could present itself as an opportunity for shareholders trying to capitalize on the higher share price. The stock is currently below from its 52 week … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Shares of JM Smucker (NYSE: SJM ) increased by 15.88% in the past three months. Before we understand the importance of debt, let us look at how much debt JM Smucker has. JM Smucker's Debt Based on JM Smucker's financial statement as of February 25, 2021, long-term debt is at $3.92 billion and current debt is at $921.40 million, amounting to $4.84 billion in total debt. Adjusted for $501.50 million in cash-equivalents, the company's net debt is at $4.34 billion. Let's define some of the terms we used in the paragraph above. Current debt is the portion of a company's debt which is due within 1 year, while … Full story available on Benzinga.com
SJM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|