J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SJM POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SJM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 66.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SJM is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SJM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 23.03% of US stocks).
SJM Stock Summary
- SJM has a higher market value than 88.45% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $16,205,487,053.
- SJM's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 151.02 -- higher than 82.82% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SJM is more volatile than just 9.98% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to J M SMUCKER CO are MKL, SWK, PARA, BRO, and FBHS.
- SJM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit J M SMUCKER CO's official web site, go to www.jmsmucker.com.
SJM Valuation Summary
- SJM's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 90% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SJM's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SJM.
SJM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 18.49%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 2.54%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 31.61%.
The table below shows SJM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SJM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SJM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.6% of graded US stocks.
- SJM's asset turnover comes in at 0.479 -- ranking 45th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- LWAY, POST, and FRPT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SJM.
The table below shows SJM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SJM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SJM, see our SJM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$124.57||Average Broker Recommendation||2.12 (Hold)|
SJM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SJM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$154.69||52-week high||$163.07|
|Prev. close||$151.09||52-week low||$119.82|
|Day high||$154.81||Avg. volume||973,598|
|50-day MA||$150.32||Dividend yield||2.68%|
|200-day MA||$143.81||Market Cap||16.50B|
J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM) Company Bio
The J. M. Smucker Company, also known as Smuckers, is an American manufacturer of food and beverage products. Headquartered in Orrville, Ohio, the company was founded in 1897 as a maker of apple butter. J.M. Smucker currently has three major business units: consumer foods, pet foods, and coffee. Its flagship brand, Smucker's, produces fruit preserves, peanut butter, syrups, frozen crustless sandwiches, and ice cream toppings. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SJM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SJM Latest Social Stream
View Full SJM Social Stream
Latest SJM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about J M SMUCKER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SJM as an investment opportunity.
Are Investors Undervaluing The J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM) By 32%?
Key Insights The projected fair value for J. M. Smucker is US$224 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity J. M...
Pet Shop Boys Are Singing the Blues
In February, pet food prices were 15.2% above year-ago levels, far exceeding the 10.1% inflation seen for the human food-at-home category, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Year-over-year price increases for pet food started outpacing that for food-at-home starting September, and price increases for the category have proven to be stickier: Grocery inflation peaked at 13.5% in August and has moderated every month. Meanwhile, pet-food inflation, after a slight moderation following a November peak, resumed its upward trajectory in February.
1 Blue Chip Food Stock to Consider Adding to Your Plate
The consumer staple known as J.M. Smucker (NYSE: SJM) fits this profile. J.M. Smucker generated approximately 95% of its net sales in the previous fiscal year ended April 30, 2022 inside the U.S. Its brands are commonly found in homes throughout the country. The Ohio-based company's stacked brand portfolio includes 9Lives cat food, Kibbles 'n Bits dog food, Folgers coffee, Jif peanut butter, and Smucker's jam and jellies, to name just a few.
Things Look Grim For The J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM) After Today's Downgrade
Today is shaping up negative for The J. M. Smucker Company ( NYSE:SJM ) shareholders, with the analysts delivering a...
7 Great Growth Stocks for Your March Buy List
These top growth stocks to buy are surprisingly stable options that also provide excellent upside exposure over the long-term.
SJM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SJMWant to see what other sources are saying about J M SMUCKER Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
J M SMUCKER Co (SJM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
J M SMUCKER Co (SJM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
J M SMUCKER Co (SJM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...