J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM): Price and Financial Metrics
SJM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$126.59||52-week high||$163.07|
|Prev. close||$128.69||52-week low||$125.23|
|Day high||$128.70||Avg. volume||971,869|
|50-day MA||$142.72||Dividend yield||3.29%|
|200-day MA||$150.06||Market Cap||12.93B|
SJM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SJM POWR Grades
- SJM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 64.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SJM is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SJM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 18.76% of US stocks).
SJM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $12,947,200,747, J M SMUCKER CO has a greater market value than 86.48% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 984.98, J M SMUCKER CO is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.72% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SJM is more volatile than only 2.77% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SJM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MTZ, SKYW, LAMR, SHAK, and USM.
- SJM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit J M SMUCKER CO's official web site, go to www.jmsmucker.com.
SJM Valuation Summary
- SJM's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 10.53% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SJM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 68.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SJM.
SJM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 18.49%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 2.54%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 31.61%.
The table below shows SJM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SJM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SJM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.6% of graded US stocks.
- SJM's asset turnover comes in at 0.479 -- ranking 45th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- LWAY, POST, and FRPT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SJM.
The table below shows SJM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
J.M. Smucker Co. (SJM) Company Bio
The J. M. Smucker Company, also known as Smuckers, is an American manufacturer of food and beverage products. Headquartered in Orrville, Ohio, the company was founded in 1897 as a maker of apple butter. J.M. Smucker currently has three major business units: consumer foods, pet foods, and coffee. Its flagship brand, Smucker's, produces fruit preserves, peanut butter, syrups, frozen crustless sandwiches, and ice cream toppings. (Source:Wikipedia)
SJM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SJM Latest Social Stream
View Full SJM Social Stream
Latest SJM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about J M SMUCKER CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SJM as an investment opportunity.
Merger and acquisition (M&A) activity has slowed, with lingering uncertainty weighing on potential deals. However, it's not entirely dead.
Constellation Brands (STZ) looks well-poised for growth on a solid beer unit, strong demand and its premiumization strategy. However, higher packaging and raw material costs are woes.
The planned acquisition of Hostess Brands by J.M. Smucker is the latest in a series of food mergers.
The J.M. Smucker (SJM) gains on efficient pricing amid cost inflation. A focus on core priorities and categories like coffee, snacking and pet are working well.
SJM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|