SLM Corporation (SLM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SLM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SLM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.91% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SLM is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 26 weeks.
- SLM's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 20.21% of US stocks).
SLM Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for SLM CORP is higher than 95.41% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- SLM's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.22% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for SLM CORP comes in at -23.85%, a number that bests merely 7.65% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SLM CORP are BKU, MCB, ULCC, MFIN, and DBRG.
- Visit SLM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.salliemae.com.
SLM Valuation Summary
- SLM's price/earnings ratio is 5.1; this is 55.65% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SLM's price/earnings ratio has gone down 15.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SLM.
SLM Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -12.89%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 99.1%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 27.97%.
The table below shows SLM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SLM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SLM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.55% of graded US stocks.
- SLM's asset turnover comes in at 0.074 -- ranking 59th of 428 Banking stocks.
- GDOT, FBC, and NNI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SLM.
The table below shows SLM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SLM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SLM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.69||52-week high||$20.88|
|Prev. close||$16.80||52-week low||$13.72|
|Day high||$16.91||Avg. volume||2,436,314|
|50-day MA||$16.21||Dividend yield||2.62%|
|200-day MA||$16.63||Market Cap||4.18B|
SLM Corporation (SLM) Company Bio
SLM Corporation offers private education loans to students and their families. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Newark, Delaware.
Most Popular Stories View All
SLM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SLM Latest Social Stream
View Full SLM Social Stream
Latest SLM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SLM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SLM as an investment opportunity.
Credit Acceptance (CACC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
We ranked almost 50 separate CD accounts based on APYs, minimum deposit requirements, and more. Check out the accounts that made our top 10.
SLM Corporation with ticker code (SLM) now have 13 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The target price ranges between 22 and 15 with a mean TP of 18.62. Given that the stocks previous close was at 17.16 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 8.5%. The 50 day MA is 15.85 and the 200 moving average now moves to 16.75. The market cap for the company is $4,276m. Company Website: https://www.salliemae.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="SLM" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $4,640m based on the market concensus. SLM Corporation, through its subsidiaries, originates and services private education loans to students and their families to fi...
SLM Corporation ( NASDAQ:SLM ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 4 days. The ex-dividend date occurs one day...
Sallie Mae (SLM) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
SLM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|