SLM Corporation (SLM): Price and Financial Metrics
SLM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.52||52-week high||$17.92|
|Prev. close||$13.44||52-week low||$10.81|
|Day high||$13.60||Avg. volume||2,301,368|
|50-day MA||$14.75||Dividend yield||3.2%|
|200-day MA||$15.12||Market Cap||3.06B|
SLM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SLM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SLM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.37% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SLM is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SLM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
SLM Stock Summary
- For SLM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 89.95% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 15.68 for SLM CORP; that's greater than it is for 96.27% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for SLM CORP comes in at -32.07%, a number that bests merely 8.18% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SLM CORP are ULCC, MFIN, OPRT, BFI, and ESEA.
- SLM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SLM CORP's official web site, go to www.salliemae.com.
SLM Valuation Summary
- SLM's price/sales ratio is 2.9; this is 26.09% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- SLM's price/earnings ratio has moved down 8.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SLM.
SLM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -53.88%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -40.68%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -32.51%.
The table below shows SLM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SLM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SLM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.55% of graded US stocks.
- SLM's asset turnover comes in at 0.074 -- ranking 59th of 428 Banking stocks.
- GDOT, FBC, and NNI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SLM.
The table below shows SLM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SLM Corporation (SLM) Company Bio
SLM Corporation offers private education loans to students and their families. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Newark, Delaware.
SLM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SLM Latest Social Stream
View Full SLM Social Stream
Latest SLM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SLM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SLM as an investment opportunity.
NEWARK, Del., September 20, 2023--Sallie Mae®, through its charitable arm The Sallie Mae Fund, Inc., is contributing $200,000 to HBCU Week Foundation, Inc. to support access to Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Specifically, The Sallie Mae Fund is sponsoring the HBCU Week College Fair in Wilmington, Del., on Sept. 22 and the HBCU College Fair in Atlanta, Ga, on Oct. 6. The events are expected to draw more than 12,000 college seeking students and will connect them with informa
If you're a student or the parent of someone pursuing higher education, the thought of paying for college is never far from mind. How will you or your child come up with enough money to fulfill that...
NEWARK, Del., August 31, 2023--Sallie Mae® (Nasdaq: SLM), formally SLM Corporation, today announced CEO Jon Witter will speak at the 2023 Barclays Global Financial Services Conference in New York on Tuesday, Sept. 12, at 10:30 a.m. ET.
More on Sallie Mae
NEWARK, Del., August 28, 2023--Sallie Mae® (Nasdaq: SLM), formally SLM Corporation, today announced Pete Graham as its next Chief Financial Officer. Graham will join the company on Sept. 18 as an Executive Vice President and will officially assume the role of Chief Financial Officer on Oct. 27. He will be responsible for finance, accounting, and treasury activities, as well as equity and fixed income investor relations. He will also serve as the lead financial spokesperson for the company.
SLM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|