SLM Corporation (SLM): Price and Financial Metrics
SLM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.28||52-week high||$20.17|
|Prev. close||$15.69||52-week low||$10.81|
|Day high||$15.69||Avg. volume||2,551,498|
|50-day MA||$14.08||Dividend yield||2.75%|
|200-day MA||$15.28||Market Cap||3.70B|
SLM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SLM POWR Grades
- SLM scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 75.22% of US stocks.
- SLM's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SLM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
SLM Stock Summary
- SLM's went public 35.41 years ago, making it older than 90.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- For SLM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 91.05% of US equities we're observing.
- SLM's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.17% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SLM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ULCC, AMBP, SFBS, AMTB, and ATLC.
- SLM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SLM CORP's official web site, go to www.salliemae.com.
SLM Valuation Summary
- SLM's price/earnings ratio is 8.3; this is 2.35% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SLM's price/earnings ratio has gone down 13.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SLM.
SLM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -53.88%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -40.68%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -32.51%.
The table below shows SLM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SLM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SLM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.55% of graded US stocks.
- SLM's asset turnover comes in at 0.074 -- ranking 59th of 428 Banking stocks.
- GDOT, FBC, and NNI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SLM.
The table below shows SLM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SLM Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SLM, see our SLM price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$23.52||Average Broker Recommendation||1.38 (Strong Buy)|
SLM Corporation (SLM) Company Bio
SLM Corporation offers private education loans to students and their families. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in Newark, Delaware.
Most Popular Stories View All
SLM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SLM Latest Social Stream
View Full SLM Social Stream
Latest SLM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SLM CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SLM as an investment opportunity.
SLM (NASDAQ:SLM) Has Announced A Dividend Of $0.11
The board of SLM Corporation ( NASDAQ:SLM ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 15th of June, with...
Can Sallie Mae (SLM) Run Higher on Rising Earnings Estimates?
Sallie Mae (SLM) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware, Navient to host May 6 college planning conference
WILMINGTON, Del., April 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Boys & Girls Club of Delaware, a seasoned leader in youth development, and Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI), a leader in technology-enabled education finance and business processing solutions, are hosting a college planning conference to help young people and their families access career and college planning resources. The event will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. on Saturday, May 6, at the Greater Dover Boys & Girls Club, 1683 New Burton Rd, Dover, DE 1
Sallie Mae (SLM) Stock Gains on Q1 Earnings and NII Beat
An increase in NII on higher interest rates and robust loan originations, along with lower provisions for credit losses, drives Sallie Mae's (SLM) Q1 earnings.
Sallie Mae (SLM) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Beat Estimates
Sallie Mae (SLM) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 34.29% and 8.39%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SLM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SLMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on SLM Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
SLM Corp (SLM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
SLM Corp (SLM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
SLM Corp (SLM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...