S&P Global Inc. (SPGI): Price and Financial Metrics
SPGI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$415.83||52-week high||$428.65|
|Prev. close||$414.64||52-week low||$321.14|
|Day high||$416.12||Avg. volume||1,233,180|
|50-day MA||$376.62||Dividend yield||0.87%|
|200-day MA||$372.93||Market Cap||131.73B|
SPGI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPGI POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SPGI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.23% of US stocks.
- SPGI's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SPGI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 9.46% of US stocks).
SPGI Stock Summary
- SPGI has a higher market value than 98.47% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $124,809,696,000.
- S&P GLOBAL INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.05% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of S&P GLOBAL INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to S&P GLOBAL INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PH, TJX, PM, NKE, and MMC.
- SPGI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit S&P GLOBAL INC's official web site, go to www.spglobal.com.
SPGI Valuation Summary
- SPGI's price/earnings ratio is 50.3; this is 429.47% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SPGI's price/earnings ratio has gone up 30.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPGI.
SPGI Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 42.71%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 25.4%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -2.46%.
The table below shows SPGI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SPGI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SPGI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.6% of graded US stocks.
- SPGI's asset turnover comes in at 0.611 -- ranking 265th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- SNAP, GECC, and LPSN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SPGI.
The table below shows SPGI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
S&P Global Inc. (SPGI) Company Bio
S&P Global provides the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The company was founded in 1888 and is based in New York, New York.
SPGI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPGI Latest Social Stream
View Full SPGI Social Stream
Latest SPGI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about S&P GLOBAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPGI as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Treasury yields rose after data showed a further increase in consumer year-ahead inflation expectations, with some traders taking profits on dovish Federal Reserve wagers.Most Read from BloombergAltman Returns as OpenAI CEO in Chaotic Win for MicrosoftHulu for $1, Max for $3: Streaming Services Slash Prices This Black FridayMcKinsey and Its Peers Are Facing the Wildest Headwinds in YearsOpenAI Engineers Earning $800,000 a Year Turn Rare Skillset Into LeverageDutch Far-Right Leader
automotiveMastermind (aM), part of S&P Global Mobility and the leading provider of predictive analytics and marketing automation solutions for dealerships, has officially launched Turn. This product enhancement will allow dealers to improve their vehicle turn rates by predicting the customers that are most likely to purchase that vehicle. Turn will be accessible to all users of Mastermind, aM's automated sales and marketing platform.
It's been all about the biggest of the big S&P 500 stocks all year. But now, investors are starting to look for big gains from small stocks.
Just days away from this year's United Nations Conference of Parties (COP) 28 meeting, what's clear is that that global energy systems will need to achieve historic and unprecedented levels of innovation to redress climate change and meet the world's energy needs. COP28 will deliver the first completed global stocktake of the world's progress toward meeting climate goals. Key findings include an implementation gap, with countries falling short of their targets, and an emissions ambition gap reco
You've no doubt heard of the Magnificent Seven stocks driving most S&P 500 gains. But what about the world's top 10 stocks?
SPGI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|