S&P Global Inc. (SPGI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPGI POWR Grades
- SPGI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.25% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SPGI is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 199 days.
- SPGI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 20.96% of US stocks).
SPGI Stock Summary
- SPGI has a higher market value than 97.38% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $93,847,413,000.
- SPGI's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,254.42 -- higher than 96.3% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 21.85 for S&P Global Inc; that's greater than it is for 97.86% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to S&P Global Inc are AMT, BMO, PUK, PNC, and TFC.
- SPGI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit S&P Global Inc's official web site, go to www.spglobal.com.
SPGI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPGI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$390.71||52-week high||$397.13|
|Prev. close||$389.57||52-week low||$290.08|
|Day high||$391.62||Avg. volume||1,635,602|
|50-day MA||$362.84||Dividend yield||0.79%|
|200-day MA||$345.50||Market Cap||94.12B|
S&P Global Inc. (SPGI) Company Bio
S&P Global provides the global capital and commodity markets with independent benchmarks, credit ratings, portfolio and enterprise risk solutions, and analytics. The company was founded in 1888 and is based in New York, New York.
SPGI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for S&P Global Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that S&P Global Inc ranked in the 41th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SPGI, they are:
- As a business, SPGI is generating more cash flow than 91% of positive cash flow stocks in the Financial Services.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 5% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 17.9% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- SPGI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 43.94% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SPGI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPGI Latest Social Stream
View Full SPGI Social Stream
Latest SPGI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about S&P Global Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPGI as an investment opportunity.
S&P Global (SPGI) declares $0.77/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 0.78%Payable June 10; for shareholders of record May 26; ex-div May 25.See SPGI Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Cleveland-Cliffs has used acquisitions to become the leader in rolled steel production just as the U.S. government looks to boost American industry.
The financial institution announced that it will soon add more cryptocurrencies to its offering, making buying Bitcoin and Ethereum as easy as investing in S&P Global indices.
The new indexes, S&P Bitcoin Index, S&P Ethereum Index and S&P Crypto Mega Cap Index, will measure the performance of digital assets tied to them. The list will expand to include additional coins later this year, the division of financial data provider S&P Global said. "Traditional financial markets and digital assets are no longer mutually exclusive markets," said Peter Roffman, global head of innovation and strategy at S&P Dow Jones Indices.
The S&P Dow Jones Indices launched new cryptocurrency indexes, it said on Tuesday, further mainstreaming digital currencies including bitcoin and ethereum by bringing them to the trading floors of Wall Street. The new indexes, S&P Bitcoin Index, S&P Ethereum Index and S&P Crypto Mega Cap Index, will measure the performance of digital assets tied to them. The list will expand to include additional coins later this year, the division of financial data provider S&P Global said.
SPGI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|