SpartanNash Company (SPTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPTN POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SPTN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.25% of US stocks.
- SPTN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SPTN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 24.62% of US stocks).
SPTN Stock Summary
- SPARTANNASH CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.39% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of SPARTANNASH CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.06% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.12, SPARTANNASH CO has a higher such ratio than only 2.49% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SPARTANNASH CO are LFVN, RYI, KELYA, SPWH, and IESC.
- SPTN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SPARTANNASH CO's official web site, go to www.spartannash.com.
SPTN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SPTN's price/sales ratio is 90% lower, now standing at 0.1.
- SPTN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 40.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPTN.
SPTN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 62.59%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 77.45%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -40.44%.
The table below shows SPTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SPTN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SPTN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.79% of graded US stocks.
- SPTN's asset turnover comes in at 3.995 -- ranking 6th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- ASPN, WSO, and POOL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SPTN.
The table below shows SPTN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SPTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.38||52-week high||$37.48|
|Prev. close||$28.80||52-week low||$21.80|
|Day high||$29.53||Avg. volume||350,627|
|50-day MA||$31.10||Dividend yield||2.92%|
|200-day MA||$30.50||Market Cap||1.05B|
SpartanNash Company (SPTN) Company Bio
SpartanNash Company operates as a grocery distributor and retailer primarily in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Military, Food Distribution, and Retail. The company was founded in 1917 and is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Most Popular Stories View All
SPTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPTN Latest Social Stream
View Full SPTN Social Stream
Latest SPTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SPARTANNASH CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPTN as an investment opportunity.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., September 26, 2022--Food solutions company SpartanNash (the "Company") (Nasdaq: SPTN) today announced Nicole Zube as its new Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, effective immediately. Zube joins SpartanNash from Kellogg Company, where she most recently served as Head of HR – U.S. Commercial.
The food industry is composed of companies that focus primarily on offering food and nonalcoholic beverage products. Companies in the food industry include The Kroger Co., Darling Ingredients Inc., and B&G Foods Inc. The food sector, as represented by the S&P 1500 Food Products Industry Index, has significantly outperformed the broader market, with a one-year trailing total return of 11.6% compared with -12.5% for the Russell 1000 Index, as of Sept. 19, 2022.
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Spartan Stores (SPTN) have what it takes? Let's find out.
SpartanNash Vice President Andy Clausen Recognized for Inspiring Other Young Leaders with NextGen Award
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., September 15, 2022--Food solutions company SpartanNash (the "Company") (Nasdaq: SPTN) has made it a top priority to support up-and-coming talent in the rapidly evolving food industry. The Company’s commitment to training, education and advancement is exemplified by Andy Clausen, vice president, national accounts, who was recently announced as a winner of Progressive Grocer’s NextGen Award.
SpartanNash Company ( NASDAQ:SPTN ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 3 days. The ex-dividend date is one...
SPTN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|