SpartanNash Company (SPTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPTN POWR Grades
- SPTN scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 99.65% of US stocks.
- SPTN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SPTN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
SPTN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SPTN is 12.19 -- better than 97.49% of US stocks.
- SPTN's price/sales ratio is 0.08; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 0.72% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SPTN is more volatile than merely 3.67% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SpartanNash Co, a group of peers worth examining would be LINC, GTS, IMKTA, BIG, and BNED.
- SPTN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SpartanNash Co's official web site, go to www.spartannash.com.
SPTN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SPTN's price/sales ratio is 96.3% lower, now standing at 0.1.
- SPTN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 5.6 over the prior 243 months.
- SPTN's price/earnings ratio has moved down 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPTN.
SPTN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 65.25%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 149.76%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -23.8%.
The table below shows SPTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SPTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.45||52-week high||$23.45|
|Prev. close||$19.33||52-week low||$15.75|
|Day high||$19.65||Avg. volume||360,377|
|50-day MA||$19.57||Dividend yield||4.11%|
|200-day MA||$19.20||Market Cap||704.87M|
SpartanNash Company (SPTN) Company Bio
SpartanNash Company operates as a grocery distributor and retailer primarily in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Military, Food Distribution, and Retail. The company was founded in 1917 and is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
SPTN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for SpartanNash Co. To summarize, we found that SpartanNash Co ranked in the 84th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for SpartanNash Co ended up being:
- 48% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 14.2% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- SpartanNash Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 1.94% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, SpartanNash Co experienced a tax rate of about 8% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than just 21.04% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SPTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPTN Latest Social Stream
View Full SPTN Social Stream
Latest SPTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SpartanNash Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPTN as an investment opportunity.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., July 29, 2021--SpartanNash Company (the "Company") (Nasdaq: SPTN) will announce its second quarter financial results after the stock market closes on Wednesday, August 18, 2021.
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., July 22, 2021--As part of its commitment to building stronger communities and serving those who served, the SpartanNash Foundation - the charitable organization operated by grocery retailer and distributor SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) - recently joined with store guests and company associates to raise $330,000 on behalf of nonprofit organizations Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB), Operation Homefront and Honor and Remember.
SpartanNash (SPTN) plans to float its first MFC to efficiently cater to the Fast Lane customers. The hub will accept above 1,000 Fast Lane orders per day after coming online.
Food distributor and grocery store retailer SpartanNash Co (NASDAQ: SPTN) is planning to open a Micro-Fulfillment Center in Caledonia, Michigan, on July 26, 2021. The 55,000-square-foot facility will have 16,000 products and pick and pack Fast Lane orders for 24 Ada Fresh Market, D&W Fresh Market, Family Fare, and Forest Hills Foods stores throughout West Michigan. "The Micro-Fulfillment Center is an exciting investment designed to further elevate the Fast Lane shopping experience as we strive t
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., July 14, 2021--Grocery retailer and distributor SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) today announced plans to open its first SpartanNash Micro-Fulfillment Center, located at 5199 68th St. SE in Caledonia, Mich. The 55,000-square-foot facility will hold 16,000 products and pick and pack Fast Lane orders for 24 Ada Fresh Market, D&W Fresh Market, Family Fare and Forest Hills Foods stores throughout West Michigan, primarily in the Grand Rapids and Holland area.
SPTN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|