SpartanNash Company (SPTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPTN POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SPTN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.74% of US stocks.
- SPTN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 197 days.
- SPTN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 20.48% of US stocks).
SPTN Stock Summary
- SpartanNash Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.68% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.08, SpartanNash Co has a higher such ratio than just 0.82% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SPTN comes in at 35.42% -- higher than that of 94.31% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SPTN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SGRP, HBP, TSRI, SYX, and CAL.
- SPTN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SpartanNash Co's official web site, go to www.spartannash.com.
SPTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.85||52-week high||$23.94|
|Prev. close||$19.79||52-week low||$15.75|
|Day high||$19.89||Avg. volume||385,379|
|50-day MA||$19.71||Dividend yield||4.04%|
|200-day MA||$19.14||Market Cap||720.02M|
SpartanNash Company (SPTN) Company Bio
SpartanNash Company operates as a grocery distributor and retailer primarily in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Military, Food Distribution, and Retail. The company was founded in 1917 and is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
SPTN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SPTN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that SpartanNash Co ranked in the 85th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SPTN, they are:
- 46% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 14.91% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- SpartanNash Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than just 1.2% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), SpartanNash Co has a reliance on debt greater than 92.97% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SPTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPTN Latest Social Stream
View Full SPTN Social Stream
Latest SPTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SpartanNash Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPTN as an investment opportunity.
HERBL, California's Largest Cannabis Distributor and Supply Chain Solutions Company, Appoints Mark Shamber as Chief Financial Officer
HERBL, California's largest cannabis distributor and supply chain solutions company, announced today it has appointed Mark Shamber as Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Mr. Shamber joins the company with over three decades of finance experience in the food and grocery supply chain industry. As CFO, he will execute the company's financial strategy, identify investment and M&A opportunities, lead the finance and accounting department and oversee long-term business and financial planning.
SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) today announced Rona Caswell has joined the Company as Vice President, Internal Audit. Caswell will drive the success of the annual internal audit plan, oversee compliance with Company financial standards and lead enterprise risk-management plans. She will report jointly to Chief Financial Officer Jason Monaco and the SpartanNash Board of Directors Audit Committee.
They're not exactly household names, but potential is potential regardless of the package it's wrapped in.
SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) today announced the Company has appointed Adrienne Chance as Vice President, Communications. Chance will lead the vision, strategy and implementation of SpartanNash’s approach to purpose-driven internal and external communications, reporting to President and CEO Tony Sarsam. Additionally, she will oversee government and corporate affairs responsibilities and serve as Executive Director of the SpartanNash Foundation.
SpartanNash (Nasdaq: SPTN) announced today that Masiar Tayebi will join the company as Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, effective April 19, 2021. Mr. Tayebi has more than 20 years of experience connecting strategy, technology and innovation to drive growth and transformational change. Prior to joining SpartanNash, Mr. Tayebi was Global Head of Corporate Strategy and Business Development at Whirlpool Corporation, as well as Chief Operating Officer of its most recent acquisition, Yummly, a leading digital food platform offering online grocery delivery to millions of users. Before joining Whirlpool Corporation, Mr. Tayebi spent 15 years in financial services and management consulting.
SPTN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|