Sociedad Quimica y Minera S.A. (SQM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SQM POWR Grades
- SQM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 69.13% of US stocks.
- SQM's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SQM's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 11.37% of US stocks).
SQM Stock Summary
- Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc's stock had its IPO on September 21, 1993, making it an older stock than 77.06% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc is higher than it is for about 91.24% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 57.12%, Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 86.88% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NNN, FR, PAA, DCP, and OHI.
- SQM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc's official web site, go to www.sqm.com.
SQM Valuation Summary
In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SQM's EV/EBIT ratio is 23.04% higher, now standing at 23.5.
SQM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SQM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.87||52-week high||$60.74|
|Prev. close||$47.25||52-week low||$25.14|
|Day high||$48.10||Avg. volume||1,339,836|
|50-day MA||$50.14||Dividend yield||1.3%|
|200-day MA||$46.76||Market Cap||12.60B|
Sociedad Quimica y Minera S.A. (SQM) Company Bio
Chemical & Mining Company of Chile is an integrated producer and distributor of specialty plant nutrients, iodine, lithium, potassium-related fertilizers and industrial chemicals. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Santiago, Chile.
SQM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc ranked in the 0th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SQM, they are:
- In the past 4.9 years, Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.4%; that's higher than only 2.66% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 14.79% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SQM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SQM Latest Social Stream
View Full SQM Social Stream
Latest SQM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SQM as an investment opportunity.
May turned out to be the worst month for investors in Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile (NYSE: SQM) as the stock slumped 17.8%, according to data provided by S&P Global Market Intelligence. Much to investors' relief, though, the stock reversed course swiftly and is already up 9.8% in June, as of this writing. Lithium stocks took a hit earlier in May when Albemarle (NYSE: ALB) projected only a modest improvement in its 2021 performance and left its full-year guidance unchanged despite 12% growth in its first-quarter sales.
Did You Participate In Any Of Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile's (NYSE:SQM) Fantastic 128% Return ?
Sociedad Química y Minera de Chile S.A. ( NYSE:SQM ) shareholders might be concerned after seeing the share price drop...
The fertilizer industry is on a solid footing, thanks to strong demand and pricing for major crop nutrients. CF, NTR, YARIY, SQM are good options for investment right now.
Government infrastructure spending is lifting new energy demands, with batteries for EVs, solar energy, and the grid getting a strong lift.
SQM ([[SQM]] -2.2%) slides despite reporting better than forecast Q1 net earnings and a 180% jump in lithium sales volumes, prompting it to boost its 2021 outlook for lithium carbonate equivalent sales volumes to a 30% Y/Y increase, exceeding 85K metric tons.The Chilean company also expects average prices to rise...
SQM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SQMWant to see what other sources are saying about Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc (SQM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc (SQM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Chemical & Mining Co Of Chile Inc (SQM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch