Spire Inc. (SR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.72||52-week high||$78.86|
|Prev. close||$65.65||52-week low||$61.52|
|Day high||$65.87||Avg. volume||265,254|
|50-day MA||$68.83||Dividend yield||4.39%|
|200-day MA||$69.57||Market Cap||3.46B|
SR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.68% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SR is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SR's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 7.44% of US stocks).
SR Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SPIRE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.53% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of SPIRE INC's share price is greater than that of merely 0.65% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SPIRE INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NJR, ARTNA, BKH, LNT, and CWEN.
- SR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SPIRE INC's official web site, go to www.spireenergy.com.
SR Valuation Summary
- SR's price/sales ratio is 1.3; this is 43.48% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SR.
SR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -2.56%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -13.04%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 8.43%.
The table below shows SR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 13.87% of graded US stocks.
- SR's asset turnover comes in at 0.254 -- ranking 36th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OKE, DTE, and IDA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SR.
The table below shows SR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SR, see our SR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$79.10||Average Broker Recommendation||1.45 (Moderate Buy)|
Spire Inc. (SR) Company Bio
Spire Inc. engages in the retail distribution, sale, and marketing of natural gas in Missouri and Alabama. The company was founded in 1857 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
SR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SR Latest Social Stream
View Full SR Social Stream
Latest SR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SPIRE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SR as an investment opportunity.
Spire to Present at AGA Financial Forum
Spire Inc. (NYSE: SR) today announced that members of its management team will present at the 2023 American Gas Association (AGA) Financial Forum on Sunday, May 21, 2023, at 1:40 p.m. Eastern time.
Southwest Gas (SWX) Q1 Earnings & Revenues Outpace Estimates
Southwest Gas' (SWX) first-quarter 2023 the top line increase year over year.
MDU Resources (MDU) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Increase Y/Y
MDU Resources' (MDU) first-quarter earnings and revenues increase year over year.
Sempra (SRE) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Revenues Rise Y/Y
Sempra's (SRE) first-quarter 2023 earnings and revenues surpass estimates. The top line increases on a year-over-year basis.
National Fuel Gas (NFG) Q2 Earnings Disappoint, Sales Rise Y/Y
National Fuel Gas' (NFG) fiscal second-quarter earnings miss estimates, while revenues beat the same. The top line also increases year over year.
SR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SRWant to do more research on Spire Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Spire Inc (SR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Spire Inc (SR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Spire Inc (SR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...