Spire Inc. (SR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.59% of US stocks.
- SR's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
SR Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Spire Inc is higher than 98.26% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Spire Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.08% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FRT, HESM, DLNG, CWEN, and FRO.
- Visit SR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.spireenergy.com.
SR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SR's price/sales ratio is 44.83% lower, now standing at 1.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SR's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SR.
SR Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 1145.98%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 66.41%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 29.4%.
The table below shows SR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 13.87% of graded US stocks.
- SR's asset turnover comes in at 0.254 -- ranking 36th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OKE, DTE, and IDA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SR.
The table below shows SR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.05||52-week high||$79.24|
|Prev. close||$74.39||52-week low||$59.60|
|Day high||$74.65||Avg. volume||374,766|
|50-day MA||$75.33||Dividend yield||3.68%|
|200-day MA||$67.75||Market Cap||3.86B|
Spire Inc. (SR) Company Bio
Spire Inc. engages in the retail distribution, sale, and marketing of natural gas in Missouri and Alabama. The company was founded in 1857 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
SR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SR Latest Social Stream
View Full SR Social Stream
Latest SR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Spire Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SR as an investment opportunity.
Spire Inc. found using ticker (SR) have now 8 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 74 and 61 with a mean TP of 68. With the stocks previous close at 63.84 this indicates there is a potential upside of 6.5%. The day 50 moving average is 64.59 while the 200 day moving average is 67.15. The market capitalisation for the company is $3,255m. Company Website: https://www.spireenergy.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets=SR" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $3,467m based on the market concensus. Spire Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the purchase, retail distribution, and sale of natural gas to residentia...
Analysts have provided the following ratings for Spire (NYSE: SR ) within the last quarter: Bullish Somewhat Bullish Indifferent Somewhat Bearish Bearish Total Ratings 1 0 6 1 0 Last 30D 0 0 1 0 0 1M Ago 0 0 1 0 0 2M Ago 0 0 3 0 0 3M Ago 1 0 1 1 0 According to 8 analyst offering 12-month price targets in the last 3 months, Spire has an average price target of $65.62 with a high of $71.00 and a low of $58.00. Below is a summary of how these 8 analysts rated Spire over the past 3 months. The greater the … Full story available on Benzinga.com
In a report released yesterday, Gabe Moreen from Mizuho Securities maintained a Hold rating on Spire (SR – Research Report), with a price target of $68.00. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $63.38. According to TipRanks.com, Moreen is a 3-star analyst with an average return of 2.4% and a 65.4% success rate. Moreen covers the Industrial Goods sector, focusing on stocks such as Enterprise Products Partners, Dcp Midstream Partners, and BP Midstream Partners. Spire has an analyst consensus of Hold, with a price target consensus of $69.38, implying an 8.1% upside from current levels.
Spire press release (NYSE:SR): Q1 Non-GAAP EPS of $1.14. Revenue of $555.4M (+8.3% Y/Y). Earnings expectations for 2022 remain unchanged at $3.70 - $4.00 per share...
The following slide deck was published by Spire Inc. in conjunction with their 2022 Q1 earnings call....
SR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|