Spire Inc. (SR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SR POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 65.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SR is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- SR's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.67% of US stocks).
SR Stock Summary
- SR's went public 33.91 years ago, making it older than 90.45% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Spire Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Spire Inc is higher than it is for about 95.55% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Spire Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be NJR, CWEN, LNT, ARTNA, and CMS.
- Visit SR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.spireenergy.com.
SR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SR's price/sales ratio is 44.83% lower, now standing at 1.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SR's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SR's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SR.
SR Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -6.54%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 1145.98%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.75%.
The table below shows SR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.36% of graded US stocks.
- SR's asset turnover comes in at 0.254 -- ranking 35th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- OKE, WEC, and XEL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SR.
The table below shows SR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.13||52-week high||$77.95|
|Prev. close||$61.08||52-week low||$51.81|
|Day high||$62.13||Avg. volume||314,542|
|50-day MA||$67.97||Dividend yield||4.26%|
|200-day MA||$69.63||Market Cap||3.21B|
Spire Inc. (SR) Company Bio
Spire Inc. engages in the retail distribution, sale, and marketing of natural gas in Missouri and Alabama. The company was founded in 1857 and is based in St. Louis, Missouri.
Most Popular Stories View All
SR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SR Latest Social Stream
View Full SR Social Stream
Latest SR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Spire Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SR as an investment opportunity.
Presentation Times and Weblinks Released for Over 130 Presenting CompaniesWednesday and Thursday, September 22 - 23, 2021NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / September 21, 2021 / Sidoti & Company, LLC proudly releases the presentation schedule, with weblink click-throughs, for its Sidoti Fall Virtual Small Cap Investor Conference, to be held on Wednesday, September 22, 2021, and Thursday, September 23, 2021. Virtual Agenda - Wednesday, September 22nd - All Times EDT Click on Company Name to Open Link to
Spire Inc. (NYSE: SR) will present and host one-on-one meetings with investors at the Sidoti Fall Virtual Investor Conference on September 22, 2021.
0.3% earnings growth over 3 years has not materialized into gains for Spire (NYSE:SR) shareholders over that period
For many investors, the main point of stock picking is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But its...
Today, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) issued a temporary certificate authorizing the continued operation of Spire STL Pipeline for 90 days, a first step in keeping the STL Pipeline in service ahead of this winter.
U.S. natural gas company Spire Inc got permission from federal regulators on Tuesday to keep operating its STL natural gas pipeline in Missouri for another 90 days while regulators consider the next steps for the pipe. The U.S. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's temporary order came after the U.S. Court of Appeal for the District of Columbia Circuit vacated in June the certificate FERC issued for the roughly $285 million pipe in 2018. Spire has warned that the shutdown of the 65-mile (105-km) pipeline could cause gas outages for as many as 400,000 in St. Louis this winter.
SR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|