South State Corporation (SSB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SSB POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SSB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SSB is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SSB ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
SSB Stock Summary
- SSB's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 88.16% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SSB has reported earnings growth of 481.19%, putting it ahead of 95.54% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for SouthState Corp comes in at 72.21%, a number that bests 88.09% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SouthState Corp are AUB, SNV, CATY, HTBK, and OCFC.
- SSB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SouthState Corp's official web site, go to www.southstatebank.com.
SSB Valuation Summary
- SSB's price/earnings ratio is 11.3; this is 2.73% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- SSB's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SSB's price/earnings ratio has gone down 1.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SSB.
SSB Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 373.07%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -29.64%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 46.47%.
The table below shows SSB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SSB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SSB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.65% of graded US stocks.
- SSB's asset turnover comes in at 0.039 -- ranking 191st of 428 Banking stocks.
- PPBI, NWBI, and STBA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SSB.
The table below shows SSB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SSB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SSB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.50||52-week high||$93.34|
|Prev. close||$76.77||52-week low||$62.60|
|Day high||$79.89||Avg. volume||395,434|
|50-day MA||$77.85||Dividend yield||2.47%|
|200-day MA||$80.22||Market Cap||6.00B|
South State Corporation (SSB) Company Bio
South State Corporation operates as the bank holding company for South State Bank that provides a range of retail and commercial banking services, mortgage lending services, trust and investment services, and consumer finance loans. The company has branches across South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Columbia, South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
SSB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SSB Latest Social Stream
View Full SSB Social Stream
Latest SSB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SouthState Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SSB as an investment opportunity.
SouthState Corporation found using ticker (SSB) have now 8 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 96 and 82 and has a mean target at 90.56. Now with the previous closing price of 87.42 this would indicate that there is a potential upside of 3.6%. The day 50 moving average is 84.38 while the 200 day moving average is 79.55. The company has a market cap of $6,087m. Find out more information at: https://www.southstatebank.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets=SSB" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $6,306m based on the market concensus. South State Corporation operates as the ban...
Investment company MESIROW FINANCIAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT - Equity & Fixed Income (Current Portfolio) buys National Health Investors Inc, Signet Jewelers, Sabra Health Care REIT Inc, Verint Systems Inc, Petco Health and Wellness Co Inc, sells Ryder System Inc, Four Corners Property Trust Inc, Argo Group International Holdings, ManpowerGroup Inc, Ziff Davis Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, MESIROW FINANCIAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMEN
Investment company River Oaks Capital LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Southern First Bancshares Inc, Western Alliance Bancorp, Servisfirst Bancshares Inc, Orrstown Financial Services Inc, ConnectOne Bancorp Inc, sells Alerus Financial Corp, , Cadence Bank, Cadence Bank, Renasant Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, River Oaks Capital LLC.
Winter Haven-based SouthState Bank ended fiscal 2021 with record levels of loan production and excess cash of its balance sheet.
South State (SSB) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 4.61% and 2.73%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SSB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|