South State Corporation (SSB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SSB POWR Grades
- SSB scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.62% of US stocks.
- SSB's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SSB ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 12th percentile.
SSB Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 151.85, SOUTHSTATE CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 85.1% of US stocks.
- SSB's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 88.78% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SSB is more volatile than just 4.29% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SOUTHSTATE CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be HTBK, COLB, HTBI, TBBK, and CATY.
- SSB's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SOUTHSTATE CORP's official web site, go to www.southstatebank.com.
SSB Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, SSB's price/sales ratio is 238.46% higher, now standing at 4.4.
- SSB's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SSB.
SSB Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 535.28%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 4.3%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 137.09%.
The table below shows SSB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SSB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SSB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.65% of graded US stocks.
- SSB's asset turnover comes in at 0.039 -- ranking 191st of 428 Banking stocks.
- PPBI, NWBI, and STBA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SSB.
The table below shows SSB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SSB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SSB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.09||52-week high||$93.34|
|Prev. close||$87.04||52-week low||$72.25|
|Day high||$87.19||Avg. volume||362,955|
|50-day MA||$85.72||Dividend yield||2.3%|
|200-day MA||$81.78||Market Cap||6.59B|
South State Corporation (SSB) Company Bio
South State Corporation operates as the bank holding company for South State Bank that provides a range of retail and commercial banking services, mortgage lending services, trust and investment services, and consumer finance loans. The company has branches across South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Columbia, South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
SSB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SSB Latest Social Stream
View Full SSB Social Stream
Latest SSB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOUTHSTATE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SSB as an investment opportunity.
SouthState has announced a $1 million donation to Family First, a national non-profit organization that reaches millions of people each day with practical, timely advice and resources to help them love their families well.
SouthState Corporation ( NASDAQ:SSB ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in three days. The ex-dividend date occurs...
Frost Bankers.The word on The Street in general, suggests a Strong Buy analyst consensus rating for SouthState Corporation with a $97.00 average price target.
Start Time: 09:00 End Time: 09:47 SouthState Corporation (NASDAQ:NASDAQ:SSB) Q3 2022 Earnings Conference Call October 25, 2022, 09:00 AM ET Company Participants Robert Hill - Executive…
The following slide deck was published by SouthState Corporation in conjunction with their 2022 Q3 earnings call.
SSB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|