South State Corporation (SSB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SSB POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SSB ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.69% of US stocks.
- SSB's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- SSB ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
SSB Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1.03, SouthState Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 5.83% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SSB has reported earnings growth of 1,097.5%, putting it ahead of 97.81% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SSB's revenue has grown 189.39% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 96.32% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SouthState Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be BFST, PFC, FHN, PFHD, and RBNC.
- Visit SSB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.southstatebank.com.
SSB Valuation Summary
- SSB's price/earnings ratio is 11.3; this is 2.73% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- SSB's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SSB's price/earnings ratio has gone down 1.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SSB.
SSB Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 330.61%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -29.64%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 43.68%.
The table below shows SSB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SSB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SSB has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 27.13% of graded US stocks.
- SSB's asset turnover comes in at 0.039 -- ranking 191st of 437 Banking stocks.
- PPBI, NWBI, and STBA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SSB.
The table below shows SSB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SSB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SSB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$70.35||52-week high||$93.26|
|Prev. close||$68.96||52-week low||$45.00|
|Day high||$70.75||Avg. volume||361,503|
|50-day MA||$69.46||Dividend yield||2.79%|
|200-day MA||$78.52||Market Cap||5.00B|
South State Corporation (SSB) Company Bio
South State Corporation operates as the bank holding company for South State Bank that provides a range of retail and commercial banking services, mortgage lending services, trust and investment services, and consumer finance loans. The company has branches across South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Columbia, South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
SSB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SSB Latest Social Stream
View Full SSB Social Stream
Latest SSB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SouthState Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SSB as an investment opportunity.
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Rigrodsky Law, P.A. Reminds Investors of Investigation of MDLA, CMO, RPAI, and ACBI Mergers
WILMINGTON, Del., Aug. 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rigrodsky Law, P.A. announces that it is investigating: Medallia, Inc. (NYSE: MDLA) regarding possible breaches of fiduciary duties and other violations of law related Medallia’s agreement to be acquired by Thoma Bravo. Under the terms of the agreement Medallia’s shareholders will receive $34.00 in cash per share. To learn more about this investigation and your rights, visit: https://www.rl-legal.com/cases-medallia-inc. Capstead Mortgage Corp.
South State Corporation ( NASDAQ:SSB ) will increase its dividend on the 19th of August to US$0.49. The announced...
South State Corporation ( NASDAQ:SSB ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next three days. Typically, the ex-dividend...
SouthState Bank today announced the release of its initial Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, highlighting the company's commitment to its communities, our colleagues, corporate stewardship and the environment.
SHAREHOLDER NOTICE: Brodsky & Smith Announces an Investigation of Atlantic Capital Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACBI)
BALA CYNWYD, CA / ACCESSWIRE / July 27, 2021 / Law office of Brodsky & Smith announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors ofAtlantic Capital Bancshares, Inc. ("Atlantic Capital" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:ACBI) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of federal and state law in connection with the agreement to be acquired by SouthState Corporation ("SouthState") (NASDAQ:SSB).
SSB Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|