STERIS plc (Ireland) Ordinary Shares (STE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STE POWR Grades
- STE scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 73.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- STE ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 44th percentile.
STE Stock Summary
- STE has a higher market value than 87.06% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $16,984,336,360.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 526.49, STERIS plc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 93.77% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, STE is more volatile than just 10.48% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to STERIS plc, a group of peers worth examining would be MHK, BRO, CBOE, XRAY, and BEN.
- STE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STERIS plc's official web site, go to www.steris.com.
STE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$196.57||52-week high||$216.74|
|Prev. close||$197.78||52-week low||$146.12|
|Day high||$198.94||Avg. volume||630,984|
|50-day MA||$198.60||Dividend yield||0.81%|
|200-day MA||$184.02||Market Cap||16.78B|
STERIS plc (Ireland) Ordinary Shares (STE) Company Bio
Steris Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets infection prevention, contamination control, microbial reduction, and procedural support products and services for healthcare, pharmaceutical, scientific, research, industrial, and governmental customers worldwide. The Company operates through three business segments: Healthcare, Life Sciences and STERIS Isomedix Services. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Mentor, Ohio.
STE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for STE, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that STERIS plc ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 26.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for STE, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of STERIS plc over the past 4.7 years is 0.32%; that's better than 67.23% of cash flow producing equities in the Healthcare sector, where it is classified.
- STE's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 34.14% of tickers in our DCF set.
- STERIS plc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 15.41. This coverage rate is greater than that of 79.53% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STE Latest Social Stream
View Full STE Social Stream
Latest STE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STERIS plc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STE as an investment opportunity.
Like a puppy chasing its tail, some new investors often chase 'the next big thing', even if that means buying 'story...
STERIS (STE) is likely to have continued to gain from the robust demand of PPE and COVID-19-related products in Q4.
STERIS to Host a Conference Call for Fiscal 2021 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Financial Results on May 19, 2021
DUBLIN, IRELAND, April 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- STERIS plc (NYSE: STE) (“STERIS” or the “Company”) announced today that it will host a conference call to discuss its fiscal 2021 fourth quarter and full year financial results at 11:00 a.m. ET on Wednesday, May 19, 2021. The conference call can be heard live at www.steris-ir.com or via phone by dialing 1-833-535-2199 in the United States or 1-412-902-6776 internationally, then asking to join the conference call for STERIS plc. A press release detailing fourth quarter and full year financial results will be issued after the U.S. market closes on Tuesday, May 18, 2021. For those unable to listen to the conference call live, a replay will be available beginning at 1:00 p.m. ET on May 19, 2021, either at www.steris-ir.com or via phone. To...
Company expects to close the Cantel Medical acquisition by June 2, 2021, pending shareholder vote DUBLIN, IRELAND, April 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- STERIS plc (NYSE: STE) (“STERIS” or the “Company”) today announced preliminary financial results for its fiscal 2021 year ending March 31, 2021. The Company expects to report that revenue as reported for fiscal 2021 increased approximately 3% to $3.1 billion compared with $3.0 billion in fiscal 2020. Constant currency organic revenue was slightly higher than fiscal 2020. STERIS anticipates as reported income from operations for fiscal 2021 to be approximately $548 million and adjusted income from operations to be approximately $699 million. Free cash flow is anticipated to be approximately $447 million for fiscal 2021. “STERIS is announcin...
Investors are optimistic about STERIS (STE) owing to strong segmental performance amid the pandemic and huge growth potential in healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
STE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|