State Auto Financial Corporation (STFC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STFC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where STFC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.56% of US stocks.
- STFC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- STFC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
STFC Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.05, State Auto Financial CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 6.79% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.47, State Auto Financial CORP has a higher such ratio than just 7.73% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, STFC has reported earnings growth of -279.94%, putting it ahead of merely 7.44% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to State Auto Financial CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be AAME, KINS, GLRE, ODP, and AHC.
- STFC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit State Auto Financial CORP's official web site, go to www.stateauto.com.
STFC Valuation Summary
- STFC's price/earnings ratio is 6.1; this is 52.34% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- STFC's price/earnings ratio has moved down $7.4 over the prior 243 months.
- STFC's price/sales ratio has moved down $0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STFC.
STFC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STFC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.57||52-week high||$20.98|
|Prev. close||$17.65||52-week low||$12.07|
|Day high||$17.35||Avg. volume||49,741|
|50-day MA||$18.81||Dividend yield||2.41%|
|200-day MA||$17.10||Market Cap||729.94M|
State Auto Financial Corporation (STFC) Company Bio
State Auto Financial Corporation engages in writing personal, business, and specialty insurance products. It operates through four segments: Personal insurance, Business insurance, Specialty insurance, and Investment operations. The company was founded in 1950 and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
STFC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for State Auto Financial CORP with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that State Auto Financial CORP ranked in the 21th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 76.67%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of State Auto Financial CORP, consider:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.76 years, is -0.13% -- higher than just 11.41% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than only 18.04% of its sector Financial Services.
- STFC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 30.39% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STFC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STFC Latest Social Stream
View Full STFC Social Stream
Latest STFC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about State Auto Financial CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STFC as an investment opportunity.
Today the board of directors of State Auto Financial Corporation declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.10 per share, payable June 25, 2021.
State Auto Financial (STFC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 12.86% and -2.73%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
State Auto Financial reports first quarter 2021 results
State Auto Financial Corporation today announced its preliminary estimate of the impact of catastrophe losses on its first quarter 2021 results.
State Auto Financial Corporation (NASDAQ:STFC) will discuss its first quarter 2021 results in a conference call on May 6, 2021, at 11 a.m. ET.
STFC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STFCHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on State Auto Financial CORP's stock as an investment opportunity:
State Auto Financial CORP (STFC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
State Auto Financial CORP (STFC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
State Auto Financial CORP (STFC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch