Sterling Bancorp (STL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where STL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 63.18% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- STL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 17.6% of US stocks).
STL Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for STL is 0.19 -- better than just 17.17% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -74.31%, Sterling Bancorp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 3.87% of about US stocks.
- Sterling Bancorp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 48.88%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.2% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sterling Bancorp are PPBI, OZK, FFBC, CATY, and MCBS.
- Visit STL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sterlingbancorp.com.
STL Valuation Summary
- STL's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.6; this is 17.78% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- STL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STL.
STL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.99||52-week high||$27.22|
|Prev. close||$21.77||52-week low||$9.83|
|Day high||$22.11||Avg. volume||3,147,197|
|50-day MA||$24.45||Dividend yield||1.29%|
|200-day MA||$21.08||Market Cap||4.24B|
Sterling Bancorp (STL) Company Bio
Sterling Bancorp provides various banking services to commercial, consumer, and municipal clients in New York and New Jersey. The company was founded in 1888 and is based in Montebello, New York.
STL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STL Latest Social Stream
View Full STL Social Stream
Latest STL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sterling Bancorp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STL as an investment opportunity.
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates CORE, STL, AMRB, GRA; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, July 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies: Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. (NASDAQ: CORE) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Performance Food Group Company. Under the terms of the merger, Core-Mark shareholders will receive $23.875 per share in cash and 0.44 Performance Food shares for each Core-Mark s
sturti/E+ via Getty Images Sterling Bancorp (STL) is a Northeast, NY-Metro regional bank holding company with total assets of $29.1 billion, total portfolio loans of $20.7 billion at the end of the second quarter of 2021. The company's principal subsidiary, Sterling National Bank, offers financial services to business owners and...
Sterling Bancorp (SBT) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Juan Monteverde, founder and managing partner at Monteverde & Associates PC, a national securities firm rated Top 50 in the 2018-2020 ISS Securities Class Action Services Report and headquartered at the Empire State Building in New York City, is investigating:
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates NWHM, VNE, ACBI, QTS, STL, GRA; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:
STL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|