Suncor Energy Inc. (SU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SU POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- SU's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
SU Stock Summary
- SUNCOR ENERGY INC's market capitalization of $49,290,777,360 is ahead of 95.51% of US-listed equities.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SUNCOR ENERGY INC is reporting a growth rate of -232.74%; that's higher than only 6.77% of US stocks.
- SUNCOR ENERGY INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 15.12%, greater than the shareholder yield of 89.15% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SUNCOR ENERGY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be FDX, CNC, NSC, RSG, and TU.
- Visit SU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.suncor.com.
SU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.97||52-week high||$42.72|
|Prev. close||$31.05||52-week low||$22.22|
|Day high||$31.39||Avg. volume||7,079,967|
|50-day MA||$33.22||Dividend yield||5.17%|
|200-day MA||$33.54||Market Cap||40.44B|
Suncor Energy Inc. (SU) Company Bio
Suncor Energy (French: Suncor Énergie) is a Canadian integrated energy company based in Calgary, Alberta. It specializes in production of synthetic crude from oil sands. In the 2020 Forbes Global 2000, Suncor Energy was ranked as the 48th-largest public company in the world. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SU Latest Social Stream
View Full SU Social Stream
Latest SU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SUNCOR ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SU as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- Suncor Energy Inc., the Canadian oil sands producer under pressure from activist investor Elliott Investment Management LP, said it decided to retain its Petro-Canada retail unit after a review.Most Read from BloombergScientists Revive 48,500-Year-Old ‘Zombie Virus’ Buried in IceBanks Stuck With $42 Billion Debt Seize Chance to Offload ItThese Are the Best and Worst Cities for Expats to Live and Work InApple to Lose 6 Million iPhone Pros From Tumult at China PlantThis Is Where Lux
Canada's main stock index bounced on Tuesday, tracking prices of crude oil and metals, although the Bank of Nova Scotia kept gains in check after reporting a jump in loan loss provisions in the fourth quarter. At 10:09 a.m. ET (15:09 GMT), the Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 82.73 points, or 0.41%, at 20,303.22. Scotiabank fell 1.7% as a lull in its investment banking division dented income from its capital markets unit.
Canada's Suncor Energy said on Tuesday it will retain its Petro-Canada gas station retail business following a review the company initiated earlier this year under pressure from activist investor Elliott Investment Management. Suncor replaced its chief executive in July and agreed to review its retail fuel unit by the end of this year after Elliott Investment, which owns 3% in the company, pushed for changes, flagging a poor safety record and lackluster stock performance. "After careful consideration, the Board has concluded that retaining and optimizing the company's retail business will generate the highest long-term value for shareholders," said Mike Wilson, chair of Suncor board, in a statement released alongside Suncor's 2023 capital budget.
(Reuters) -Canada's Suncor Energy on Tuesday said it will retain its Petro-Canada gas station retail business following a review the company initiated earlier this year under pressure from activist investor Elliott Investment Management. Suncor replaced its chief executive in July and agreed to review its retail fuel unit by the end of this year after Elliott Investment, which owns 3% of the company, pushed for changes, flagging a poor safety record and lackluster stock performance. But Canada's second-largest oil producer decided against selling its fuel stations business after a review that included gauging interest from third parties.
Calgary, Alberta--(Newsfile Corp. - November 29, 2022) - Suncor Energy (TSX: SU) (NYSE: SU) released its 2023 corporate guidance today. "Over the past several months, our new mining leadership has done an in-depth review of our assets and developed a multi-year plan that will deliver marked improvements in safety, reliability and operational performance," said Kris Smith interim president and chief executive officer. "In addition, we will continue to optimize our assets to drive ...
SU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|