Suncor Energy Inc. (SU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SU POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SU is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- SU ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
SU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $38,174,524,374, Suncor Energy Inc has a greater market value than 93.12% of US stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1,739.06, Suncor Energy Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 99.49% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, SU has reported earnings growth of -103.85%, putting it ahead of just 19.09% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Suncor Energy Inc are JJSF, FMX, ANGI, AMRN, and BCOR.
- Visit SU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.suncor.com.
SU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.98||52-week high||$25.69|
|Prev. close||$24.94||52-week low||$10.67|
|Day high||$25.26||Avg. volume||8,047,167|
|50-day MA||$22.54||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$18.07||Market Cap||37.61B|
Suncor Energy Inc. (SU) Company Bio
Suncor Energy focuses on developing petroleum resource basins, explores, acquires, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas, transports and refines crude oil, markets petroleum and petrochemical products. The company was founded in 1953 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
SU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SU, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Suncor Energy Inc ranked in the 3th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SU, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.77 years comes in at -0.24%; that's greater than just 6.75% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Suncor Energy Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 0.26. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 24.53% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Suncor Energy Inc experienced a tax rate of about 152% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than 98.38% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SU Latest Social Stream
View Full SU Social Stream
Latest SU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Suncor Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SU as an investment opportunity.
Occidental (OXY) continues with the systematic non-core assets divestiture plan. The company is utilizing the net proceeds to reduce outstanding debt and lower capital servicing costs.
Namibia is not known as an oil nation, in fact, it’s never produced a barrel of oil in its history, but we think that could all be about to change with a potential 120-billion-barrel oil play
Suncor Energy (SU) closed at $24.94 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.36% move from the prior day.
The tie-up between Suncor (SU) and other Canadian oil sands producers follows the grant of sizeable sops for emission-reduction project and infrastructure by the administration of Canada and Alberta.
For investors worried about how climate activists might impact Suncor Energy (TSX:SU)(NYSE:SU), have a read of what the company''s plan is. The post Can Suncor Stock Climb if Carbon Emissions Targets Get Bolder? appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada .
SU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|