Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (SWX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWX POWR Grades
- SWX scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 67.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWX is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SWX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 13.15% of US stocks).
SWX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Southwest Gas Holdings Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Southwest Gas Holdings Inc is higher than it is for about 95.63% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SWX comes in at -64.6% -- higher than that of only 6.54% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Southwest Gas Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PNW, TRTN, AL, AIRC, and AQN.
- Visit SWX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.swgasholdings.com.
SWX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SWX's price/sales ratio is 42.86% lower, now standing at 1.2.
- Over the past 243 months, SWX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.7.
- Over the past 243 months, SWX's price/earnings ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWX.
SWX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 26.91%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 39.65%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 20.26%.
The table below shows SWX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.71% of graded US stocks.
- SWX's asset turnover comes in at 0.389 -- ranking 17th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ATO, SJW, and SO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWX.
The table below shows SWX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$88.07||52-week high||$95.62|
|Prev. close||$86.70||52-week low||$62.58|
|Day high||$88.60||Avg. volume||506,386|
|50-day MA||$89.71||Dividend yield||2.82%|
|200-day MA||$74.82||Market Cap||5.89B|
Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (SWX) Company Bio
Southwest Gas Corporation purchases, distributes, and transports natural gas in Arizona, Nevada, and California. The company was founded in 1931 and is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWX Latest Social Stream
View Full SWX Social Stream
Latest SWX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southwest Gas Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWX as an investment opportunity.
Southwest Gas (NYSE:SWX) declares $0.62/share quarterly dividend, 4.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.59. Forward yield 3.69% Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 16; ex-div May 13. "When setting the dividend rate, the Board's policy is to target a dividend payout ratio that is competitive in the industry...
Southwest Gas Holdings Issues Statement Regarding Extension of Carl Icahn's Unsolicited Tender Offer
Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SWX) ("Southwest Gas" or "the Company") today confirmed that an affiliate of Carl Icahn ("Icahn") extended its tender offer to acquire any and all outstanding common shares of the Company for $75.00 per share in cash (the "Offer"). As previously announced, Southwest Gas' Board of Directors rejected Icahn's unsolicited, inadequate, structurally coercive, highly conditional and illusory tender offer. Accordingly, the Board continues to recommend that stockholder
Senior management of Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SWX) is holding a conference call to discuss the Company's 2021 fourth quarter and twelve-months results on Wednesday, March 2, 2022.
Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said he’s confident that his revamped tender offer for Southwest Gas Holdings Inc. will succeed.
(Bloomberg) -- Billionaire investor Carl Icahn said he’s confident that his revamped tender offer for Southwest Gas Holdings Inc. will succeed.Most Read from BloombergHong Kong to Test Whole City for Covid With Beijing’s HelpStocks Edge Higher With Fed Hiking Bets Steady: Markets WrapJho Low’s Wild Nights on Display: $250,000 for DiCaprio, FoxFed Eyes Rate Hike Soon and Faster Tightening Pace If NeededTrump's Accountants Just Quit. What Took So Long?Changes made to his $4.2-billion deal to acqui
SWX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SWXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Southwest Gas Holdings Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Southwest Gas Holdings Inc (SWX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Southwest Gas Holdings Inc (SWX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Southwest Gas Holdings Inc (SWX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch