Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (SWX): Price and Financial Metrics
SWX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.58||52-week high||$73.40|
|Prev. close||$60.76||52-week low||$53.79|
|Day high||$61.33||Avg. volume||494,982|
|50-day MA||$59.40||Dividend yield||4.13%|
|200-day MA||$61.01||Market Cap||4.26B|
SWX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWX POWR Grades
- SWX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 92.5% of US stocks.
- SWX's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SWX ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
SWX Stock Summary
- SOUTHWEST GAS HOLDINGS INC's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.19% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of SOUTHWEST GAS HOLDINGS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.15% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SWX is more volatile than merely 5.66% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SOUTHWEST GAS HOLDINGS INC are MDU, ALE, NFG, FPAY, and MGEE.
- Visit SWX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.swgasholdings.com.
SWX Valuation Summary
- SWX's price/earnings ratio is -19.6; this is 205.09% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SWX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWX.
SWX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 543.74%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -35.16%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 37.26%.
The table below shows SWX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 45.71% of graded US stocks.
- SWX's asset turnover comes in at 0.389 -- ranking 17th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ATO, SJW, and SO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWX.
The table below shows SWX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (SWX) Company Bio
Southwest Gas Corporation purchases, distributes, and transports natural gas in Arizona, Nevada, and California. The company was founded in 1931 and is based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
SWX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWX Latest Social Stream
View Full SWX Social Stream
Latest SWX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOUTHWEST GAS HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWX as an investment opportunity.
Sempra Energy, Atmos Energy, Southwest Gas and MDU Resources are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
The near-term prospects of the Zacks Gas Distribution industry, along with systematic investment to strengthen infrastructure and efficiently supply natural gas to customers, should boost the performance of SRE, ATO, SWX and MDU.
It is imperative to build a portfolio of low-beta stocks to sail through a volatile market. Huron (HURN), Stride (LRN), eGain (EGAN) and Southwest Gas Holdings (SWX) are well-poised to gain.
The Board of Directors for Southwest Gas Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SWX) has declared the following first quarter cash dividend:
Southwest Gas (SWX) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
SWX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SWXHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Southwest Gas Holdings Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Southwest Gas Holdings Inc (SWX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Southwest Gas Holdings Inc (SWX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Southwest Gas Holdings Inc (SWX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch