Synchrony Financial (SYF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SYF POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SYF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.24% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SYF is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SYF's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 13.69% of US stocks).
SYF Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.59, Synchrony Financial P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 5.39% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SYF is currently 2.7, higher than only 8.29% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SYF comes in at 24.3% -- higher than that of 92.91% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Synchrony Financial, a group of peers worth examining would be MGA, ALLY, LU, IP, and TPL.
- SYF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Synchrony Financial's official web site, go to www.synchrony.com.
SYF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, SYF's EV/EBIT ratio is 17.44% lower, now standing at 7.1.
- SYF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 3.4 over the prior 86 months.
- SYF's price/earnings ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 86 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYF.
SYF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 29.9%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -16.18%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 36.87%.
The table below shows SYF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SYF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SYF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.42% of graded US stocks.
- SYF's asset turnover comes in at 0.098 -- ranking 48th of 428 Banking stocks.
- AXP, COF, and MRLN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SYF.
The table below shows SYF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SYF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.28||52-week high||$52.49|
|Prev. close||$28.53||52-week low||$27.22|
|Day high||$28.02||Avg. volume||6,930,116|
|50-day MA||$34.18||Dividend yield||3.08%|
|200-day MA||$42.07||Market Cap||13.68B|
Synchrony Financial (SYF) Company Bio
Synchrony Financial is a consumer financial services company headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, United States. The company offers consumer financing products, including credit, promotional financing and loyalty programs, installment lending to industries, and FDIC-insured consumer savings products through Synchrony Bank, its wholly owned online bank subsidiary. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SYF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYF Latest Social Stream
View Full SYF Social Stream
Latest SYF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Synchrony Financial that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYF as an investment opportunity.
Synchrony (NYSE: SYF) President and Chief Executive Officer, Brian D. Doubles and Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Brian J. Wenzel, will participate in a fireside chat at the KBW Fintech Payments Conference on Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. (Eastern Time).
These five undervalued stocks have the potential to offer investors some nice growth in the near future.
Synchrony Financial''s <
Capital One's stock is performing well, but there are indications it may not be as much of a value play as the market thinks.
In this article, we discuss 10 cheap value stocks to buy amid market uncertainty. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Cheap Value Stocks to Buy Amid Market Uncertainty. After record high growth in 2021, in which the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) surged close to 7% in […]
SYF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|