Synchrony Financial (SYF) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past six years, SYF has issued more dividends than 81.75% of other dividend-issuing US stocks.
- The stock's free cash flow/dividend ratio, potentially useful for understanding its ability to make dividend payments, comes in at -14.4 -- higher than 8.59% of other dividend issuers in the US.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with SYF's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: T, UHT, YORW, TDS and DG.
SYF Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a valuation model that attempts to determine a fair share price for a stock, based on the dividend it provides in comparison to several company-specific metrics indicative of the riskiness of the stock and the financial health of the company. In the case of SYF, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 43.25% relative to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Synchrony Financial are:
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Financial Services sector, the expected return of -43.25%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 25.1% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, Synchrony Financial bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 25.1% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- Beta tells us how volatile a stock's price is relative to the broader equity index; for Synchrony Financial, its beta is lower than only 14.72% of dividend issuing stocks we observed.
- In comparison to its fellow dividend issuing stocks in the Financial Services sector, Synchrony Financial has an equity discount rate lower than only 14.98% of them.
SYF Dividend Chart
SYF Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|