Synchrony Financial (SYF) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past six years, SYF has issued more dividends than 81.75% of other dividend-issuing US stocks.
- The stock's free cash flow/dividend ratio, potentially useful for understanding its ability to make dividend payments, comes in at -14.4 -- higher than 8.59% of other dividend issuers in the US.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with SYF's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: T, UHT, YORW, TDS and DG.
SYF Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. In the case of SYF, the DDM model generated by StockNews estimates a return of negative 66.61% in comparison to its current price. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of SYF, investors may wish to consider are:
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Financial Services sector, the expected return of -66.61%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than just 17.46% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, Synchrony Financial bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than just 17.46% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- A stock's beta generally indicates its volatility relative to the broader equity market; as for SYF, approximately 8.51% of US-listed dividend issuers had a higher beta, and thus may have greater price volatility.
- In comparison to its fellow dividend issuing stocks in the Financial Services sector, Synchrony Financial has an equity discount rate lower than 8.54% of them.
SYF Dividend Chart
SYF Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|