Synchrony Financial (SYF) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past six years, SYF has issued more dividends than 81.75% of other dividend-issuing US stocks.
- The stock's free cash flow/dividend ratio, potentially useful for understanding its ability to make dividend payments, comes in at -14.4 -- higher than 8.59% of other dividend issuers in the US.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with SYF's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: T, UHT, YORW, TDS and DG.
SYF Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. As for SYF, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 58.6% relative to its current price. Digging deeper, the aspects of Synchrony Financial's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Financial Services sector, the expected return of -58.6%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than merely 23.38% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, SYF has a discount rate lower than merely 23.38% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- Synchrony Financial's market cap of $18 billion US dollars puts it in the large-sized market cap class; amongst this group of stocks, its equity discount rate is lower than 5.81% of them.
- A stock's beta generally indicates its volatility relative to the broader equity market; as for SYF, approximately 3.74% of US-listed dividend issuers had a higher beta, and thus may have greater price volatility.
SYF Dividend Chart
SYF Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|