Sysco Corp. (SYY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SYY POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SYY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SYY is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- SYY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
SYY Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SYY is 63.93 -- better than 99.65% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 17.47 for SYSCO CORP; that's greater than it is for 97.36% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SYY is more volatile than merely 3.71% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SYSCO CORP are KMB, JOAN, SNEX, CDW, and CVNA.
- Visit SYY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sysco.com.
SYY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SYY's price/earnings ratio is 37.53% higher, now standing at 29.5.
- SYY's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYY.
SYY Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -60.9%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 62.03%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 67.96%.
The table below shows SYY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SYY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SYY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.86% of graded US stocks.
- SYY's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 28th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- AE, WEYS, and USFD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SYY.
The table below shows SYY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SYY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$85.30||52-week high||$91.53|
|Prev. close||$85.93||52-week low||$68.05|
|Day high||$86.36||Avg. volume||2,444,617|
|50-day MA||$79.67||Dividend yield||2.28%|
|200-day MA||$82.74||Market Cap||43.23B|
Sysco Corp. (SYY) Company Bio
Sysco Corp. is headquartered in Houston, Texas and is in the business of food distribution. Its primary business involves the distribution of food and related products to the foodservice or food-away-from-home industry. The company has operations in 90 countries around the world in four business groups: Broadline, Specialty Companies, International, and Sygma. Sysco employs over 57,000 individuals across the globe and operates 326 distribution facilities that serve more than 625,000 customer locations. For the fiscal year ending June 27, 2020, the company generated more than 52 billion US dollars in sales. Kevin Hourican serves as Sysco’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
SYY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYY Latest Social Stream
View Full SYY Social Stream
Latest SYY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SYSCO CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYY as an investment opportunity.
There is no one-size-fits-all strategy that has the potential to make investors wealthy over time, but there are few approaches that have a better track record of success than investing in dividend stocks. Companies that pay dividends are often successful, profitable businesses -- year in, year out -- which have generally proven over time that they can withstand market cycles and recessions. The asset managers at Hartford Financial Services looked at the performance of the benchmark S&P 500 going all the way back to 1930 and found there was not a single decade in which dividend stocks in the index didn't generate positive returns, even when the broader market was losing money for investors.
Shares progress in its 2022 Sustainability Report and produces first ever DEI ReportHOUSTON, Nov. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY), the leading global foodservice distribution company, announced today the launch of its 2022 Sustainability Report and the company’s first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Report. “Sustainability is an integral part of our business strategy, called the Recipe For Growth, to ensure we are growing responsibly and purposefully,” says Neil R
Let's talk about the popular Sysco Corporation ( NYSE:SYY ). The company's shares saw a double-digit share price rise...
HOUSTON, Nov. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY) today announced that the Board of Directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.49 per share, payable on Jan. 27, 2023, to common stockholders of record at the close of business on Jan. 6, 2023. About Sysco Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from ho
In this article, we discuss 10 stocks Ray Dalio and insiders are piling into. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out 5 Stocks Ray Dalio and Insiders Are Piling Into. Amid a volatile stock market environment, investors are turning towards insiders, billionaires, and famous money managers, in order to replicate […]
SYY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|