Sysco Corp. (SYY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SYY POWR Grades
- SYY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 87.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SYY is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- SYY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 61st percentile.
SYY Stock Summary
- SYY has a higher market value than 93.06% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $37,278,972,980.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SYY is 31.55 -- better than 99.14% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 17.02 for Sysco Corp; that's greater than it is for 97.06% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MFC, PRU, SLF, AEG, and SIVB.
- Visit SYY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sysco.com.
SYY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SYY's price/earnings ratio is 833.17% lower, now standing at -151.4.
- Over the past 243 months, SYY's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
- SYY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYY.
SYY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.59||52-week high||$86.73|
|Prev. close||$73.32||52-week low||$50.90|
|Day high||$73.91||Avg. volume||2,329,968|
|50-day MA||$77.29||Dividend yield||2.56%|
|200-day MA||$75.79||Market Cap||37.65B|
Sysco Corp. (SYY) Company Bio
Sysco Corp. is headquartered in Houston, Texas and is in the business of food distribution. Its primary business involves the distribution of food and related products to the foodservice or food-away-from-home industry. The company has operations in 90 countries around the world in four business groups: Broadline, Specialty Companies, International, and Sygma. Sysco employs over 57,000 individuals across the globe and operates 326 distribution facilities that serve more than 625,000 customer locations. For the fiscal year ending June 27, 2020, the company generated more than 52 billion US dollars in sales. Kevin Hourican serves as Sysco’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
SYY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Sysco Corp. To summarize, we found that Sysco Corp ranked in the 25th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Sysco Corp ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 0.51; that's higher than merely 18.14% of US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Sysco Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SYY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYY Latest Social Stream
View Full SYY Social Stream
Latest SYY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sysco Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYY as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will be looking at the 10 best dividend kings to buy now according to hedge funds. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of dividend investing, you can go directly to the 5 Best Dividend Kings to Buy According to Hedge Funds. The economic and financial volatility that came as […]
Readers hoping to buy Sysco Corporation ( NYSE:SYY ) for its dividend will need to make their move shortly, as the...
No summary available.
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FinancialForce, a leading provider of customer-centric business applications across finance, services and customer success teams, announces the appointment of Sheila Talton to the FinancialForce board as an independent director and chairman of the compensation committee. Talton is a seasoned Board Director at numerous companies including Sysco, John Deere Forestry & Construction Company, and OGE Energy Corp. In addition, Bill Patterson, EVP and General Manage
DANOY vs. SYY: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
SYY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|