Sysco Corp. (SYY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SYY POWR Grades
- SYY scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 89.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SYY is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SYY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 44th percentile.
SYY Stock Summary
- SYY has a higher market value than 94% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $37,593,153,647.
- SYSCO CORP's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.32% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 16.88 for SYSCO CORP; that's greater than it is for 97.18% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYSCO CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be JOAN, CWH, LEE, CL, and CHWY.
- SYY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SYSCO CORP's official web site, go to www.sysco.com.
SYY Valuation Summary
- SYY's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 73.68% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SYY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 6.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYY.
SYY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 7.9%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -44.93%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 162.04%.
The table below shows SYY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SYY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SYY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 83.86% of graded US stocks.
- SYY's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 28th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- AE, WEYS, and USFD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SYY.
The table below shows SYY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SYY Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SYY, see our SYY price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$90.20||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
SYY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.23||52-week high||$91.53|
|Prev. close||$74.06||52-week low||$70.61|
|Day high||$74.59||Avg. volume||2,400,366|
|50-day MA||$76.66||Dividend yield||2.61%|
|200-day MA||$80.59||Market Cap||37.17B|
Sysco Corp. (SYY) Company Bio
Sysco Corp. is headquartered in Houston, Texas and is in the business of food distribution. Its primary business involves the distribution of food and related products to the foodservice or food-away-from-home industry. The company has operations in 90 countries around the world in four business groups: Broadline, Specialty Companies, International, and Sygma. Sysco employs over 57,000 individuals across the globe and operates 326 distribution facilities that serve more than 625,000 customer locations. For the fiscal year ending June 27, 2020, the company generated more than 52 billion US dollars in sales. Kevin Hourican serves as Sysco’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
SYY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYY Latest Social Stream
View Full SYY Social Stream
Latest SYY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SYSCO CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYY as an investment opportunity.
One Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY) insider reduced their stake by 17% in the previous year
Insiders were net sellers of Sysco Corporation's ( NYSE:SYY ) stock during the past year. That is, insiders sold more...
Sysco (SYY) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
Sysco (SYY) closed at $75.20 in the latest trading session, marking a +1.5% move from the prior day.
When Should You Buy Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY)?
Today we're going to take a look at the well-established Sysco Corporation ( NYSE:SYY ). The company's stock received a...
Sysco (SYY) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
Sysco (SYY) closed at $74.98 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.43% move from the prior day.
Litigation funder Burford sues Sysco over $140 million antitrust investment
A dispute between Sysco Corp and the world's largest litigation funder is broadening, as Burford Capital Limited seeks a court order to bar the food distribution giant from settling price-fixing claims against major U.S. chicken, pork and beef producers. Burford subsidiaries Glaz LLC, Posen Investments LP and Kensosha Investments LP on Friday told a New York Supreme Court judge that Burford had advanced more than $140 million to Sysco in exchange for a share of any settlements in the antitrust litigation. Sysco was required to get Burford's approval before signing any deals, the funder said.
SYY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SYYWant to do more research on Sysco Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Sysco Corp (SYY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sysco Corp (SYY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sysco Corp (SYY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...