Sysco Corporation (SYY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SYY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SYY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.82% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SYY is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- SYY's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 63.45% of US stocks).
SYY Stock Summary
- SYY has a higher market value than 94.28% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $42,522,687,445.
- Sysco Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 99.19% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 17.02 for Sysco Corp; that's greater than it is for 97% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MFC, PRU, LYG, ITUB, and DAL.
- SYY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sysco Corp's official web site, go to www.sysco.com.
SYY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$84.00||52-week high||$86.73|
|Prev. close||$83.12||52-week low||$46.26|
|Day high||$84.36||Avg. volume||2,239,410|
|50-day MA||$81.49||Dividend yield||2.14%|
|200-day MA||$71.65||Market Cap||42.97B|
Sysco Corporation (SYY) Company Bio
Sysco Corporation markets and distributes a range of food and related products primarily to the foodservice industry. The company was founded in 1969 and is based in Houston, Texas.
SYY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Sysco Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Sysco Corp ranked in the 21th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 80.33%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SYY, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 0.21 -- which is good for besting just 17.41% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- Sysco Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than merely 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SYY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYY Latest Social Stream
View Full SYY Social Stream
Latest SYY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sysco Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYY as an investment opportunity.
Sysco Offers Two New Foodie Solutions Toolkits as Summer Approaches and Restaurants Ramp Up to Meet Surging Demand
HOUSTON, May 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY), the leading global foodservice distribution company, announced today that it has launched two new online toolkits to its Foodie Solutions platform. The Labor & Hiring and Summer Solutions Toolkits are the latest in a series of carefully curated tools to help foodservice operators succeed while generating additional revenue and meeting consumer expectations. Labor & Hiring Toolkit – As restaurants reopen amidst a tight labor market, the Labor & Hiring toolkit provides a comprehensive resource for hiring, training and retaining restaurant employees, including tips such as taking action on employee feedback and offering incentives to improve retention. This comprehensive toolkit also features a Q&A with two Sysco Chef...
Retailers are implementing penalties for late or incomplete orders, adding pressure to food makers dealing with labor and ingredient shortages.
The main point of investing for the long term is to make money. Better yet, you'd like to see the share price move up...
HOUSTON, May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY) will webcast its 2021 Investor Day presentation at 11 a.m. (Eastern) on Thursday, May 20, 2021. All interested parties are invited to listen online here. A replay of the webcast will be available online at investors.sysco.com shortly after the live webcast is completed. For purposes of public disclosure, including this and future similar events, Sysco uses the investor relations portion of its website as the primary channel for publishing key information to its investors, some of which may contain material and previously non-public information. About SyscoSysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and ot...
SYY earnings call for the period ending March 31, 2021.
SYY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|