Sysco Corp. (SYY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SYY POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SYY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.23% of US stocks.
- SYY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- SYY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 31st percentile.
SYY Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SYY is 33.03 -- better than 99.17% of US stocks.
- SYY's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.88% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Sysco Corp's share price is greater than that of just 3.35% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CDW, BBY, WBA, SLF, and CL.
- SYY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sysco Corp's official web site, go to www.sysco.com.
SYY Valuation Summary
- SYY's price/sales ratio is 0.8; this is 42.86% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SYY's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- SYY's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 13.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SYY.
SYY Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 21.93%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 6.95%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 72.53%.
The table below shows SYY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SYY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SYY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.36% of graded US stocks.
- SYY's asset turnover comes in at 2.314 -- ranking 27th of 105 Wholesale stocks.
- INT, MSM, and AE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SYY.
The table below shows SYY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SYY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SYY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.68||52-week high||$86.73|
|Prev. close||$79.63||52-week low||$53.85|
|Day high||$79.99||Avg. volume||2,290,865|
|50-day MA||$79.20||Dividend yield||2.39%|
|200-day MA||$78.52||Market Cap||40.31B|
Sysco Corp. (SYY) Company Bio
Sysco Corp. is headquartered in Houston, Texas and is in the business of food distribution. Its primary business involves the distribution of food and related products to the foodservice or food-away-from-home industry. The company has operations in 90 countries around the world in four business groups: Broadline, Specialty Companies, International, and Sygma. Sysco employs over 57,000 individuals across the globe and operates 326 distribution facilities that serve more than 625,000 customer locations. For the fiscal year ending June 27, 2020, the company generated more than 52 billion US dollars in sales. Kevin Hourican serves as Sysco’s President and Chief Executive Officer.
Most Popular Stories View All
SYY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SYY Latest Social Stream
View Full SYY Social Stream
Latest SYY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sysco Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SYY as an investment opportunity.
The surge in cyberattacks and work-from-home culture during the pandemic has created a solid tailwind for high-growth cybersecurity stocks.
Sysco Corporation (NYSE:SYY) traded at $81.34 at close of the session on Tuesday, 10/19/21, made an upward move of 0.05% on its previous days price. Looking at the stock we see that its previous close was $81.30 and the beta (5Y monthly) reads 1.42 with the days price range being $79.485 $81.729. The company Is Sysco Corporation (NYSE: SYY) A Great Stock To Invest In? Read More »
Tocqueville Asset Management L.P. reduced its position in Sysco Co. (NYSE:SYY) by 3.2% in the 2nd quarter, according to its most recent filing with the SEC. The firm owned 66,045 shares of the companys stock after selling 2,170 shares during the period. Tocqueville Asset Management L.P.s holdings in Sysco were worth $5,135,000 at the end 
Sysco (SYY) has an impressive earnings surprise history and currently possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely beat in its next quarterly report.
No summary available.
SYY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|