BlackRock TCP Capital Corp. (TCPC): Price and Financial Metrics
TCPC Stock Summary
- TCPC's current price/earnings ratio is 11.74, which is higher than just 18.1% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for BlackRock TCP Capital Corp is higher than it is for about 99.18% of US stocks.
- BlackRock TCP Capital Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 17.57%, greater than the shareholder yield of 89.4% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TCPC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PNNT, AINV, LNC, FDUS, and OFS.
- TCPC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BlackRock TCP Capital Corp's official web site, go to www.tcpcapital.com.
TCPC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TCPC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.51||52-week high||$15.07|
|Prev. close||$14.50||52-week low||$6.97|
|Day high||$14.56||Avg. volume||301,729|
|50-day MA||$13.68||Dividend yield||8.28%|
|200-day MA||$11.32||Market Cap||838.20M|
BlackRock TCP Capital Corp. (TCPC) Company Bio
TCP Capital Corp. is an externally-managed specialty finance company. The Company, which operates as a business development company, focuses on lending to middle-market U.S. companies to achieve high total returns through current income and capital appreciation. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Santa Monica, California.
TCPC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for TCPC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that BlackRock TCP Capital Corp ranked in the 77th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 223.17% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of BlackRock TCP Capital Corp, consider:
- 50% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 17.55% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- BlackRock TCP Capital Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 15.86% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, BlackRock TCP Capital Corp experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TCPC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TCPC Latest Social Stream
View Full TCPC Social Stream
Latest TCPC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BlackRock TCP Capital Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TCPC as an investment opportunity.
BlackRock TCP Capital Corp. Schedules Earnings Release and Conference Call for the First Quarter Ended March 31, 2021
BlackRock TCP Capital Corp. (NASDAQ: TCPC) announced today that it will report its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2021 on Wednesday, May 5, 2021, prior to the opening of the financial markets.
BOISE, Idaho--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Clearwater Analytics, an industry-leading SaaS solution for automated investment data aggregation, reconciliation, accounting, and reporting, announced today that it has added financial services executive Ms. Kathleen A. Corbet to its Board of Directors. Ms. Corbet currently serves on the Boards of MassMutual Financial Group, Waveny LifeCare Network, and BlackRock TCP Capital Corp. She is the founder and principal of Cross Ridge Capital, LLC, a venture capital and
The Nasdaq made a sharp reversal this week, leading the markets’ surge and swinging back into positive territory for the year. The prospects of a $1.9 trillion stimulus package, steadying rates, economic growth, and a retreating pandemic are all reasons for optimism. The question on everyone’s lips, is does the turnaround indicate the bull market can officially resume? Not so fast, says RBC Capital’s head of U.S. equity strategy Lori Calvasina. “Our work on positioning suggests that the big tech unwind may be at least halfway done, but isn’t finished,” Calvasina noted.
TCPC earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
BlackRock TCP Capital Corp. Announces 2020 Financial Results Including Fourth Quarter Net Investment Income of $0.35 Per Share; Declares First Quarter Dividend of $0.30 Per Share; 35 Consecutive Quarters of Dividend Coverage
SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BlackRock TCP Capital Corp. (“we,” “us,” “our,” “TCPC” or the “Company”), a business development company (NASDAQ: TCPC), today announced its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2020 and filed its Form 10-K with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS Net investment income for the quarter ended December 31, 2020 was $20.0 million, or $0.35 per share on a diluted basis, which exceeded the dividend of
TCPC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TCPCWant to do more research on BlackRock TCP Capital Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
BlackRock TCP Capital Corp (TCPC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
BlackRock TCP Capital Corp (TCPC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
BlackRock TCP Capital Corp (TCPC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!