Truist Financial Corp. (TFC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TFC POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TFC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.87% of US stocks.
- TFC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- TFC ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
TFC Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $43,674,959,308, TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP has a greater market value than 94.95% of US stocks.
- TFC's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 87.85% of US stocks.
- TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -54.11%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 10.21% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be PNC, BK, JCI, NTR, and USB.
- TFC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP's official web site, go to www.truist.com.
TFC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, TFC's price/sales ratio is 28% lower, now standing at 1.8.
- Over the past 243 months, TFC's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TFC.
TFC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 32.75%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -16.46%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -9.37%.
The table below shows TFC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TFC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TFC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.49% of graded US stocks.
- TFC's asset turnover comes in at 0.044 -- ranking 116th of 430 Banking stocks.
- BYFC, UBCP, and KEY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TFC.
The table below shows TFC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TFC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TFC, see our TFC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$63.48||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
TFC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TFC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.85||52-week high||$61.10|
|Prev. close||$34.47||52-week low||$28.70|
|Day high||$35.22||Avg. volume||12,157,788|
|50-day MA||$43.36||Dividend yield||6.22%|
|200-day MA||$45.41||Market Cap||44.96B|
Truist Financial Corp. (TFC) Company Bio
Truist Financial Corporation is an American bank holding company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company was formed in December 2019 as the result of the merger of BB&T (Branch Banking and Trust Company) and SunTrust Banks. Its bank operates 2,781 branches in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and offers consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage, and insurance products and services. It is on the list of largest banks in the United States by assets, as of June 2021 it is the 10th largest bank with $509 billion in assets. As of January 2021 Truist Insurance Holdings is the 7th largest insurance broker in the world with $2.27 billion in annual revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TFC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TFC Latest Social Stream
View Full TFC Social Stream
Latest TFC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TFC as an investment opportunity.
Why Banks Are Waging a Digital-Wallet War With Apple
Banks are worried they’re losing ground to tech companies eager to gain market share in consumer payments. One of traditional finance’s biggest threats is Apple. Here’s how banks are fighting back. Illustration: Xingpei Shen
3 Stocks to Snap Up on Super Sale After the Banking Fallout
Panic sellers created bargain bank stocks for investors seeking to buy at sharply discounted levels and high margin of safety.
Truist announces first-quarter 2023 earnings call details
Truist Financial Corporation (NYSE: TFC) will report first-quarter 2023 financial results before the market opens on Thursday, April 20, 2023. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bill Rogers and Chief Financial Officer Mike Maguire will host a conference call to review the company's financial results at 8 a.m. ET.
Stocks trade higher at the open, regional bank stocks rally
Yahoo Finance Live’s Brad Smith breaks down how stocks are trading following the opening bell on Monday.
4 Bank Stocks STILL Paying Secure Dividends
The banking crisis sparked by the failure of SVB has resulted in some very safe banks offering some very fat dividends.
TFC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...