Truist Financial Corp. (TFC): Price and Financial Metrics
TFC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.84||52-week high||$53.34|
|Prev. close||$33.48||52-week low||$25.56|
|Day high||$33.61||Avg. volume||13,011,344|
|50-day MA||$31.18||Dividend yield||6.55%|
|200-day MA||$41.18||Market Cap||43.74B|
TFC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TFC POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TFC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.98% of US stocks.
- TFC's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TFC's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.99% of US stocks).
TFC Stock Summary
- TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP's market capitalization of $40,490,303,765 is ahead of 94.52% of US-listed equities.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 140.42%, TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 90.62% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for TFC comes in at -128.84% -- higher than that of only 4.25% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP are BK, USB, PNC, COF, and JCI.
- TFC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP's official web site, go to www.truist.com.
TFC Valuation Summary
- TFC's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.2; this is 12.96% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, TFC's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TFC.
TFC Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 32.75%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -16.46%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -9.37%.
The table below shows TFC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TFC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TFC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 36.49% of graded US stocks.
- TFC's asset turnover comes in at 0.044 -- ranking 116th of 430 Banking stocks.
- BYFC, UBCP, and KEY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TFC.
The table below shows TFC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TFC Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TFC, see our TFC price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$63.48||Average Broker Recommendation||1.75 (Moderate Buy)|
Truist Financial Corp. (TFC) Company Bio
Truist Financial Corporation is an American bank holding company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company was formed in December 2019 as the result of the merger of BB&T (Branch Banking and Trust Company) and SunTrust Banks. Its bank operates 2,781 branches in 15 states and Washington, D.C., and offers consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage, and insurance products and services. It is on the list of largest banks in the United States by assets, as of June 2021 it is the 10th largest bank with $509 billion in assets. As of January 2021 Truist Insurance Holdings is the 7th largest insurance broker in the world with $2.27 billion in annual revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
TFC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TFC Latest Social Stream
View Full TFC Social Stream
Latest TFC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRUIST FINANCIAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TFC as an investment opportunity.
Truist Financial Corporation (TFC) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Truist Financial Corporation (TFC) closed at $31.74, marking a -1.06% move from the previous day.
Truist to present at the Morgan Stanley US Financials, Payments & CRE Conference
Truist Financial Corporation (NYSE: TFC) today announced that Chief Financial Officer Mike Maguire will present at the Morgan Stanley US Financials, Payments & CRE Conference at 2:30 p.m. ET on Monday, June 12, 2023, in New York City.
Why Shares of Truist, KeyCorp, and Comerica Are Falling Today
Shares of most bank stocks headed south today as concerns over the sector came back into focus and seemed to worry investors that the banking crisis is not yet over. Shares of Truist Financial (NYSE: TFC) traded roughly 2.4% lower as of 1:44 p.m. ET today. Meanwhile, shares of KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY) traded nearly 6% lower, while shares of Comerica (NYSE: CMA) were down by roughly 4.5%.
Truist Financial Corporation (TFC) Stock Moves 1.27%: What You Should Know
Truist Financial Corporation (TFC) closed the most recent trading day at $31.09, moving +1.27% from the previous trading session.
7 Bank Stocks I Wouldn’t Touch With a 10-Foot Pole
These days there’s more to dislike about bank stocks than there is to appreciate them.
TFC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Loading social stream, please wait...