Treehouse Foods, Inc. (THS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
THS POWR Grades
- THS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 85.18% of US stocks.
- THS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- THS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
THS Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 55.06, TreeHouse Foods Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 82.61% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.59, TreeHouse Foods Inc has a higher such ratio than only 11.32% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, TreeHouse Foods Inc is reporting a growth rate of -144.06%; that's higher than just 14.41% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to THS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AVNT, HUN, MWA, SON, and EPC.
- THS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TreeHouse Foods Inc's official web site, go to www.treehousefoods.com.
THS Valuation Summary
- THS's EV/EBIT ratio is 30.1; this is 62.7% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 194 months, THS's price/sales ratio has gone down $0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for THS.
THS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
THS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.89||52-week high||$55.50|
|Prev. close||$45.54||52-week low||$35.15|
|Day high||$46.01||Avg. volume||635,930|
|50-day MA||$49.13||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$45.27||Market Cap||2.58B|
Treehouse Foods, Inc. (THS) Company Bio
TreeHouse Foods operates as a food and beverage manufacturer in the United States and Canada. The company's product categories include beverages, salad dressings, snacks, beverage enhancers, pickles, Mexican and other sauces, soup and infant feeding, cereals, dry dinners, aseptic products, jams and other products. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
THS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for TreeHouse Foods Inc. To summarize, we found that TreeHouse Foods Inc ranked in the 45th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of TreeHouse Foods Inc, consider:
- 58% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 21.37% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 42% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than 78.59% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- As a business, TreeHouse Foods Inc experienced a tax rate of about 5% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than just 15.96% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
THS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
THS Latest Social Stream
View Full THS Social Stream
Latest THS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TreeHouse Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate THS as an investment opportunity.
TreeHouse Foods (THS) is seeing escalated commodity costs, which are likely to persist in 2021. Also, transportation costs are likely to be high.
Photo by JHVEPhoto/iStock Editorial via Getty Images Despite a great effort to deleverage and stabilize their business, the market continues to pressure TreeHouse Foods (NYSE:THS) stock price. Their shares are still trading suppressed of their peak at ~$104.5 in 2016, and are today available to be purchased at $49.42. Have...
Consumer packaged goods company Post Holdings (POST) has acquired a ready-to-eat (RTE) cereal business from TreeHouse Foods for a consideration of $85 million. The acquired RTE business includes two facilities situated in Ohio and Nevada with a range of production capabilities in batch and extruded products, an R&D facility, and inventory of about $30 million in value. Post expects the acquisition to be modestly dilutive to its Fiscal 2021 adjusted EBITDA and accretive in Fiscal 2022. (See Post
What Type Of Returns Would TreeHouse Foods'(NYSE:THS) Shareholders Have Earned If They Purchased Their Shares Five Years Ago?
The main aim of stock picking is to find the market-beating stocks. But the main game is to find enough winners to more...
TreeHouse Foods (NYSE: THS) today announced it has simultaneously signed a definitive agreement and completed the sale of its ready-to-eat (RTE) cereal business to Post Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POST) for a purchase price of $85 million.
THS Price Returns