Treehouse Foods, Inc. (THS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
THS POWR Grades
- THS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 85.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for THS is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- THS ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
THS Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 567.15, TreeHouse Foods Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 94.95% of US stocks.
- THS's price/sales ratio is 0.42; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 9.19% of US stocks.
- TreeHouse Foods Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 19.46%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.09% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TreeHouse Foods Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MODV, KAR, GNW, AMWD, and BRP.
- Visit THS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.treehousefoods.com.
THS Valuation Summary
- THS's EV/EBIT ratio is 28.5; this is 58.33% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 197 months, THS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 11.6.
- Over the past 197 months, THS's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for THS.
THS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -44.25%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -44.25%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -4.82%.
The table below shows THS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
THS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- THS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 11.2% of graded US stocks.
- THS's asset turnover comes in at 0.812 -- ranking 33rd of 59 Food Products stocks.
- FLO, LANC, and KHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with THS.
The table below shows THS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
THS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
THS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.39||52-week high||$50.65|
|Prev. close||$40.74||52-week low||$29.47|
|Day high||$41.48||Avg. volume||484,234|
|50-day MA||$34.39||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$37.51||Market Cap||2.32B|
Treehouse Foods, Inc. (THS) Company Bio
TreeHouse Foods operates as a food and beverage manufacturer in the United States and Canada. The company's product categories include beverages, salad dressings, snacks, beverage enhancers, pickles, Mexican and other sauces, soup and infant feeding, cereals, dry dinners, aseptic products, jams and other products. The company was founded in 2005 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
THS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
THS Latest Social Stream
View Full THS Social Stream
Latest THS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TreeHouse Foods Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate THS as an investment opportunity.
Investors turned to some defensive stocks in the consumer sector after Russia-Ukraine tensions flared up again. Packaged food stock like TreeHouse Foods (NYSE:THS) +3.8%, Kraft Heinz (NASDAQ:KHC) +2.0% and J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM) +1.1% were notable outperformers in mid-day trading on Thursday. Grocery store stocks Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage (NYSE:NGVC)...
By CIO Venk Reddy
Stocks haven't performed well so far in 2022.
TreeHouse's (THS) Q4 results gain from strong demand across categories and robust price realization, as it continues to implement pricing actions to recover from the inflation across the supply chain.
Companies In The News Are: IFS, OLK, THS, TSLA.
THS Price Returns