Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TMO POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where TMO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.54% of US stocks.
- TMO's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TMO's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 19.56% of US stocks).
TMO Stock Summary
- TMO has a higher market value than 99.22% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $231,925,864,680.
- TMO's went public 34.6 years ago, making it older than 91.52% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 60.43%, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 85.4% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc are DHR, ABT, PEP, CMCSA, and NKE.
- TMO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc's official web site, go to www.thermofisher.com.
TMO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, TMO's EV/EBIT ratio is 24.91% lower, now standing at 22.
- TMO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 79.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TMO's price/sales ratio has gone up 3.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TMO.
TMO Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 260.55%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 16.55%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 33.77%.
The table below shows TMO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TMO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TMO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 62.66% of graded US stocks.
- TMO's asset turnover comes in at 0.574 -- ranking 43rd of 75 Measuring and Control Equipment stocks.
- PACB, PKI, and PRPO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TMO.
The table below shows TMO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TMO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TMO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$548.27||52-week high||$672.34|
|Prev. close||$543.28||52-week low||$497.83|
|Day high||$549.04||Avg. volume||1,545,514|
|50-day MA||$541.19||Dividend yield||0.22%|
|200-day MA||$583.70||Market Cap||214.63B|
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (TMO) Company Bio
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an American provisioner of scientific instrumentation, reagents and consumables, and software and services to healthcare, life science, and other laboratories in academia, government, and industry (including in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sectors). Based in Waltham, Massachusetts, Thermo Fisher was created in 2006 by the merger of Thermo Electron and Fisher Scientific, to form a company with US$ 9 billion in combined revenues. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TMO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TMO Latest Social Stream
View Full TMO Social Stream
Latest TMO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TMO as an investment opportunity.
Thermo Fisher's (TMO) strong pandemic response stance enables it to accelerate its growth strategy, and bump up investments, which encourages it to raise the 2022 core organic growth guidance.
In this article, we discuss 10 companies that just increased their dividends by over 10%. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to These 5 Companies Just Increased Their Dividends By Over 10%. The S&P 500 is heading into correction territory as the Russian attack on Ukraine has severely […]
Scientific instrumentation and software services provider Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) recently announced a quarterly dividend of $0.30 per share, a 15.4% increase from the previous dividend of $0.26 per share. The dividend will be paid on April 14, 2022, to shareholders of record as of March 16, 2022. The company’s annual dividend of $1.2 per share now reflects a dividend yield of 0.2% based on Wednesday’s closing price. Notably, the company has been raising its dividend consistently over the past four years, making it an attractive choice for investors. Stock Rating Recently, Cowen & Co.analyst Daniel Brennan reiterated a Buy rating on the stock.
Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (TMO) provides analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software, and services for research, analysis, discovery, and diagnostics. It operates through the Life Sciences Solutions, Analytical Instruments, Specialty Diagnostics, and Laboratory Products and Services segments. I am neutral on TMO stock. Its profitability is consistent and strong, but there is a high level of debt, as the company significantly increased its long-term debt in 2021, and the latest fourth-quarter 2021 results were mixed. Investors looking for dividend stocks most probably will not get excited by the minimal dividend yield of Thermo Fisher Scientific. However, the firm's strong financial performance may still make the stock appealing to investors.
One sign of the ever-evolving life sciences scene in the Triangle: There have been at least a dozen mergers and acquisitions that have involved either a Triangle-owned CRO or one with a major local presence in just the past year.
TMO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TMOWant to do more research on Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch