Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR): Price and Financial Metrics
TR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.51||52-week high||$46.11|
|Prev. close||$29.86||52-week low||$29.80|
|Day high||$30.68||Avg. volume||144,773|
|50-day MA||$32.20||Dividend yield||1.2%|
|200-day MA||$38.85||Market Cap||2.13B|
TR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.22% of US stocks.
- TR's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- TR's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 23.11% of US stocks).
TR Stock Summary
- TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.27% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TR is currently 32.66, higher than 88.22% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FIZZ, DAVA, IPAR, CIX, and JJSF.
- TR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC's official web site, go to www.tootsie.com.
TR Valuation Summary
- TR's EV/EBIT ratio is 20.8; this is 20.23% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- TR's price/sales ratio has moved down 1.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TR.
TR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 0.42%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.48%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 8.89%.
The table below shows TR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.41% of graded US stocks.
- TR's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 41st of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, LW, and SENEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TR.
The table below shows TR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR) Company Bio
Tootsie Roll Industries manufactures and sells confectionery products primarily in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
TR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TR Latest Social Stream
View Full TR Social Stream
Latest TR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TR as an investment opportunity.
When times get tough, investors turn to dividend stocks, particularly Dividend Kings.
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. In a perfect...
There are approximately 26 oversold consumer stocks with market caps over $2 billion.
This piece will look at the 20 most consumed candies in the US. If you want to skip our analysis of what’s been happening in the candy market over the past year, head on to 5 Most Consumed Candies in the US. According to a report by Grand View Research, the United States confectionery market is currently […]
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc.'s (NYSE:TR) Fundamentals Look Pretty Strong: Could The Market Be Wrong About The Stock?
With its stock down 15% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard Tootsie Roll Industries (NYSE:TR). However...
TR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRWant to see what other sources are saying about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch