Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TR POWR Grades
- TR scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 80.05% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TR is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TR's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 9.21% of US stocks).
TR Stock Summary
- TR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 218.58 -- higher than 88.8% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- TR's went public 34.91 years ago, making it older than 90.64% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TR is more volatile than merely 8.56% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be XPEL, GBR, MNSO, FANH, and WMK.
- Visit TR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tootsie.com.
TR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TR's price/sales ratio is 120% higher, now standing at 4.4.
- TR's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TR.
TR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -36.22%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.78%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 14.99%.
The table below shows TR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.41% of graded US stocks.
- TR's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 41st of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, LW, and SENEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TR.
The table below shows TR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$43.98||52-week high||$44.63|
|Prev. close||$43.29||52-week low||$31.05|
|Day high||$44.21||Avg. volume||104,679|
|50-day MA||$38.13||Dividend yield||0.82%|
|200-day MA||$35.39||Market Cap||3.03B|
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR) Company Bio
Tootsie Roll Industries manufactures and sells confectionery products primarily in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TR Latest Social Stream
View Full TR Social Stream
Latest TR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TR as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we take a look at the 10 biggest chewing gum companies in the world. You can skip our detailed analysis of the chewing gum industry and go directly to 5 Biggest Chewing Gum Companies in the World. The global chewing gum market had a market size of $26 billion in 2021 and […]
If you are looking for stocks that perform well during the holiday season, look no further than these seven Halloween stocks.
If you're looking for a multi-bagger, there's a few things to keep an eye out for. Ideally, a business will show two...
It does have some customer concentration risk in that Walmart accounts for almost 23% of total sales and Dollar Tree represents 13%, though there's no indication either of those relationships is in any danger. Arguably the biggest risk investors face with Tootsie Roll is that the Gordon family, which has run the company for decades, holds a controlling interest in it. Matriarch Ellen Gordon is CEO, and the family's majority voting stake means they will essentially decide which way the candy maker goes.
Is The Market Rewarding Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TR) With A Negative Sentiment As A Result Of Its Mixed Fundamentals?
Tootsie Roll Industries (NYSE:TR) has had a rough three months with its share price down 4.9%. It seems that the market...
TR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRWant to see what other sources are saying about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch