Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TR POWR Grades
- TR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TR is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- TR ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
TR Stock Summary
- Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 89.62% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 59.7%, Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 87.59% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TR is more volatile than just 10.36% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Tootsie Roll Industries Inc are CIX, NPK, VALU, EDTK, and CKX.
- TR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.tootsie.com.
TR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TR's EV/EBIT ratio is 45.56% higher, now standing at 26.2.
- TR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TR.
TR Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -14.96%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -12.44%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 5.26%.
The table below shows TR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.92% of graded US stocks.
- TR's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 40th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, BGS, and RMCF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TR.
The table below shows TR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.68||52-week high||$58.98|
|Prev. close||$31.94||52-week low||$29.16|
|Day high||$32.27||Avg. volume||304,568|
|50-day MA||$31.49||Dividend yield||1.13%|
|200-day MA||$32.55||Market Cap||2.15B|
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR) Company Bio
Tootsie Roll Industries manufactures and sells confectionery products primarily in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TR Latest Social Stream
View Full TR Social Stream
Latest TR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TR as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the best sugar stocks to buy now based on hedge fund sentiment, analyst ratings and future growth catalysts. You can skip our detailed analysis of the sugar stocks and sugar industry and go directly to the 5 Best Sugar Stocks to Buy Now. The sugar industry is dependent on several […]
Ignoring the stock price of a company, what are the underlying trends that tell us a business is past the growth phase...
The three-year decline in earnings for Tootsie Roll Industries NYSE:TR) isn't encouraging, but shareholders are still up 25% over that period
Investors can buy low cost index fund if they want to receive the average market return. But if you invest in...
In last week's article on three stocks to avoid, I predicted that Kimberly Clark (NYSE: KMB), Tootsie Roll (NYSE: TR), and Osprey Bitcoin Trust (OTC: OBTC) would have a rough few days. Kimberly Clark declined 2% in an otherwise buoyant trading week. Tootsie Roll rose 2% for the week.
Legendary fund manager Li Lu (who Charlie Munger backed) once said, 'The biggest investment risk is not the volatility...
TR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRWant to see what other sources are saying about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch