Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where TR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.48% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TR is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- TR's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 20.89% of US stocks).
TR Stock Summary
- Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 89.54% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 59.7%, Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 87.67% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's share price is greater than that of only 10.42% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CIX, NPK, VALU, EDTK, and WMK.
- Visit TR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tootsie.com.
TR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TR's EV/EBIT ratio is 45.56% higher, now standing at 26.2.
- TR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TR.
TR Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 36.53%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -13.92%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -14.96%.
The table below shows TR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.58% of graded US stocks.
- TR's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 40th of 57 Food Products stocks.
- LW, JJSF, and RMCF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TR.
The table below shows TR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.29||52-week high||$58.98|
|Prev. close||$30.19||52-week low||$29.16|
|Day high||$30.38||Avg. volume||324,589|
|50-day MA||$32.69||Dividend yield||1.19%|
|200-day MA||$32.45||Market Cap||2.05B|
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR) Company Bio
Tootsie Roll Industries manufactures and sells confectionery products primarily in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TR Latest Social Stream
View Full TR Social Stream
Latest TR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TR as an investment opportunity.
In last week's article on three stocks to avoid, I predicted that Kimberly Clark (NYSE: KMB), Tootsie Roll (NYSE: TR), and Osprey Bitcoin Trust (OTC: OBTC) would have a rough few days. Kimberly Clark declined 2% in an otherwise buoyant trading week. Tootsie Roll rose 2% for the week.
Legendary fund manager Li Lu (who Charlie Munger backed) once said, 'The biggest investment risk is not the volatility...
Rosen Law Announces Updated Lead Plaintiff Deadline in Securities Class Action Lawsuits on Behalf of Investors Unable to Execute Trades and Who Sold and/or Purchased Certain Securities on the Robinhood Trading Platform on or Around January 28, 2021
NEW YORK, July 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, announces the updated July 27, 2021 lead plaintiff deadline in the class action lawsuits filed on behalf of those who were unable to execute trades, sold, and/or purchased certain securities including American Airlines Group Inc. (NASDAQ: AAL), AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. (NYSE: AMC), BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB), Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NASDAQ: BBBY), GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), Express (NYSE: EXPR), Koss Corporation (NASDAQ: KOSS), Naked Brand Group (NASDAQ: NAKD), Nokia Corporation (NYSE: NOK), Sundial Growers, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNDL), Tootsie Roll Industries (NYSE: TR), and Trivago NV (NASDAQ: TRVG) (collectively, the Affected Securities) on the Robinhood Trading Platform on or around Jan...
The pickup is a welcome change for the likes of Mondelez, Wrigley and Tootsie Roll Industries.
Other stocks with high short interest and days-to-cover include Inovio Pharmaceuticals and B&G Foods.
TR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRWant to see what other sources are saying about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch