Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TR is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TR ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
TR Stock Summary
- TR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 299.54 -- higher than 91.68% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 89.7% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 72.56%, Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 86.91% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VALU, CIX, FANH, MSN, and CKX.
- TR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.tootsie.com.
TR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, TR's EV/EBIT ratio is 45.56% higher, now standing at 26.2.
- TR's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TR.
TR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -1.73%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -11.04%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -13.92%.
The table below shows TR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.41% of graded US stocks.
- TR's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 41st of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, LW, and SENEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TR.
The table below shows TR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.05||52-week high||$39.20|
|Prev. close||$32.57||52-week low||$29.88|
|Day high||$33.11||Avg. volume||113,064|
|50-day MA||$34.55||Dividend yield||1.09%|
|200-day MA||$33.60||Market Cap||2.29B|
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR) Company Bio
Tootsie Roll Industries manufactures and sells confectionery products primarily in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TR Latest Social Stream
View Full TR Social Stream
Latest TR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TR as an investment opportunity.
If you want to compound wealth in the stock market, you can do so by buying an index fund. But one can do better than...
Shares of Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR) have fallen about 17.25% since I wrote my “taking profits in Tootsie Roll” article, but are up about 8.7% against a loss of 2.3% for the S&P 500 since I wrote my latest, cautious, piece on the company. This has me intrigued. This...
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TR) announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, December 7th, Zacks reports. Investors of record on Wednesday, December 22nd will be paid a dividend of 0.09 per share on Wednesday, January 12th. This represents a $0.36 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.01%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, December 
Shares of the iconic candy maker got a lift from index changes, but there's a bit more to the story than that.
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TR) announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, December 7th, Zacks reports. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, December 22nd will be given a dividend of 0.09 per share on Wednesday, January 12th. This represents a $0.36 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.97%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, 
TR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRWant to see what other sources are saying about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch