Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.33% of US stocks.
- TR's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TR ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
TR Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 220.05, TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 89.51% of US stocks.
- TR's went public 34.79 years ago, making it older than 90.33% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TR is more volatile than only 1.11% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IPAR, WMK, NPK, CVR, and DNOW.
- Visit TR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tootsie.com.
TR Valuation Summary
- TR's price/earnings ratio is 33.9; this is 88.33% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, TR's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TR.
TR Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -9.94%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 11.69%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -16.77%.
The table below shows TR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TR has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.41% of graded US stocks.
- TR's asset turnover comes in at 0.513 -- ranking 41st of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, LW, and SENEA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TR.
The table below shows TR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.53||52-week high||$39.20|
|Prev. close||$33.87||52-week low||$30.93|
|Day high||$34.25||Avg. volume||103,113|
|50-day MA||$35.11||Dividend yield||1.06%|
|200-day MA||$34.57||Market Cap||2.32B|
Tootsie Roll Industries, Inc. (TR) Company Bio
Tootsie Roll Industries manufactures and sells confectionery products primarily in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The company was founded in 1896 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TR Latest Social Stream
View Full TR Social Stream
Latest TR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TOOTSIE ROLL INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TR as an investment opportunity.
All three major market indexes are now in bear market territory as the impact of rampant inflation, rapidly rising interest rates, supply chain congestion, and the still-lingering impact of the pandemic take their toll. As devastating and painful as these corrections are, there remains a ray of hope and light behind the clouds because just as day follows night, bull markets always rise in their wake. While the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite has been in a bear market almost from the beginning of the year, the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones Industrial Average only recently entered one, so there might be more room to fall.
Many dividend kings are big, popular names.
In this piece, we will take a look at the ten best sugar stocks to buy now. If you want to skip our industry analysis and head on to the top five stocks in this list, then take a look at the 5 Best Sugar Stocks to Buy Now. While industries such as consumer technology […]
The excitement of investing in a company that can reverse its fortunes is a big draw for some speculators, so even...
The candy maker is controlled by one family, and its stock has lagged the market. But its sales and earnings have remained relatively steady over time.
TR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRWant to see what other sources are saying about Tootsie Roll Industries Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tootsie Roll Industries Inc (TR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch