Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN): Price and Financial Metrics
TRN Stock Summary
- TRN's went public 33.2 years ago, making it older than 89.66% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Trinity Industries Inc is higher than it is for about 96.77% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that TRN's revenue has grown -33.47% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 10.62% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Trinity Industries Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CF, HTGC, SCI, ALEX, and MESA.
- TRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Trinity Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.trin.net.
TRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.02||52-week high||$33.77|
|Prev. close||$31.04||52-week low||$14.53|
|Day high||$31.14||Avg. volume||884,507|
|50-day MA||$29.25||Dividend yield||2.71%|
|200-day MA||$23.19||Market Cap||3.22B|
Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Company Bio
Trinity Industries, Inc. provides various products and services for the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors in the United States and internationally. Its Rail Group segment offers railcars, including autorack, box, covered hopper, gondola, intermodal, tank, and open hopper cars; and couplers, axles, and other equipment, as well as railcar maintenance services. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
TRN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Trinity Industries Inc. To summarize, we found that Trinity Industries Inc ranked in the 14th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Trinity Industries Inc ended up being:
- 42% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 13.2% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Trinity Industries Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.9. This coverage rate is greater than that of merely 20.85% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Trinity Industries Inc experienced a tax rate of about 58% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Industrials), this tax rate is higher than 95.53% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Latest Social Stream
View Full TRN Social Stream
Latest TRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trinity Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRN as an investment opportunity.
Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 24, 2021 08:30 AM ET Company Participants Jessica Greiner - Vice President, Investor Relations & Communications Jean Savage - Chief Executive Officer & President Eric Marchetto - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Justin Long - Stephens Allison Poliniak -...
TRN earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
Shares of Trinity Industries (NYSE:TRN) remained unaffected after the company reported Q4 results. Quarterly Results Earnings per share fell 88.57% year over year to $0.04, which beat the estimate of ($0.04). Revenue of $415,600,000 declined by 51.15% year over year, which beat the estimate of $398,140,000. Looking Ahead Trinity Industries hasn't issued any earnings guidance for the time being. Revenue guidance hasn't been issued by the company for now. How To Listen To The Conference Call Date: Feb 24, 2021 View more earnings on TRN Time: 08:30 AM ET Webcast URL: https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/1134/39578 Technicals 52-week high: $33.11 Company's 52-week low was at $14.53 Price action over last quarter: Up 59.91% Company Profile Trinity Industries Inc. sells and leases railroad...
Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) today announced earnings results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2020.
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 24, 2021 / Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 24, 2021 at 8:30 AM Eastern Time.
TRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRNWant to do more research on Trinity Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!