Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TRN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 75.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 178 days.
- TRN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
TRN Stock Summary
- For TRN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.77% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC is reporting a growth rate of 379.82%; that's higher than 95.62% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for TRN comes in at 19.55% -- higher than that of 91.05% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MAA, SCI, LXU, MAIN, and TRIN.
- Visit TRN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trin.net.
TRN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRN's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 1.2.
- Over the past 243 months, TRN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 48.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRN.
TRN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 607.67%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -40.07%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 18.9%.
The table below shows TRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.56% of graded US stocks.
- TRN's asset turnover comes in at 0.195 -- ranking 10th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, WAB, and RAIL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRN.
The table below shows TRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.20||52-week high||$35.35|
|Prev. close||$23.14||52-week low||$20.94|
|Day high||$22.81||Avg. volume||831,765|
|50-day MA||$25.04||Dividend yield||4.14%|
|200-day MA||$27.66||Market Cap||1.82B|
Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Company Bio
Trinity Industries, Inc. provides various products and services for the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors in the United States and internationally. Its Rail Group segment offers railcars, including autorack, box, covered hopper, gondola, intermodal, tank, and open hopper cars; and couplers, axles, and other equipment, as well as railcar maintenance services. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Latest Social Stream
View Full TRN Social Stream
Latest TRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRN as an investment opportunity.
Investors may want to hop aboard railroad stocks now that a potential strike has been averted, but consider call options to reduce risk.
The railroad industry is one of the major components of the transportation sector and is closely tied to the economy's growth. Railroad companies operate vast networks that transport agricultural products, packaged foods, commodities, electronics, and other goods to companies and consumers. Major companies in the industry include Norfolk Southern Corp. and CSX Corp. In mid-September, a potential rail strike threatened to disrupt the industry the U.S. economy, but the Biden administration secured a tentative deal with company and union leaders a day before the strike deadline on Friday, Sept. 16.
DALLAS, September 07, 2022--Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) ("Trinity") today announced the election of Robert Biesterfeld Jr. (Bob) and Veena Lakkundi to its Board of Directors, effective immediately. The addition of these two members expands Trinity’s Board of Directors from seven to nine members.
DALLAS, September 07, 2022--Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) has declared a quarterly dividend of 23 cents per share on its $0.01 par value common stock. The quarterly cash dividend, representing Trinity’s 234th consecutively paid dividend, is payable October 31, 2022 to stockholders of record on October 14, 2022.
Trinity Industries (TRN) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
TRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|