Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN): Price and Financial Metrics
TRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.35||52-week high||$31.68|
|Prev. close||$21.46||52-week low||$20.07|
|Day high||$22.40||Avg. volume||451,105|
|50-day MA||$22.66||Dividend yield||4.83%|
|200-day MA||$25.74||Market Cap||1.81B|
TRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where TRN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.08% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRN is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TRN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 13.5% of US stocks).
TRN Stock Summary
- TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC's stock had its IPO on December 30, 1987, making it an older stock than 90.88% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC is higher than it is for about 97.64% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MAA, LXU, PBA, GDS, and HASI.
- TRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC's official web site, go to www.trin.net.
TRN Valuation Summary
- TRN's price/earnings ratio is 26.6; this is 45.36% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- TRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRN.
TRN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -32.33%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -30.35%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 607.67%.
The table below shows TRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.56% of graded US stocks.
- TRN's asset turnover comes in at 0.195 -- ranking 10th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, WAB, and RAIL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRN.
The table below shows TRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRN Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TRN, see our TRN price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$33.18||Average Broker Recommendation||1.83 (Hold)|
Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Company Bio
Trinity Industries, Inc. provides various products and services for the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors in the United States and internationally. Its Rail Group segment offers railcars, including autorack, box, covered hopper, gondola, intermodal, tank, and open hopper cars; and couplers, axles, and other equipment, as well as railcar maintenance services. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Latest Social Stream
View Full TRN Social Stream
Latest TRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRINITY INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRN as an investment opportunity.
Trinity Industries, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2023 Investor Conference Schedule
DALLAS, May 17, 2023--Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE: TRN) ("Trinity") announced today that it will participate in the following investor conferences during the second quarter of 2023.
Trinity Industries, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
DALLAS, May 09, 2023--Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) has declared a quarterly dividend of 26 cents per share on its $0.01 par value common stock. The quarterly cash dividend, representing Trinity’s 237th consecutively paid dividend, is payable July 31, 2023 to stockholders of record on July 14, 2023.
In the wake of Trinity Industries, Inc.'s (NYSE:TRN) latest US$187m market cap drop, institutional owners may be forced to take severe actions
Key Insights Institutions' substantial holdings in Trinity Industries implies that they have significant influence over...
Trinity Industries, GATX and Wabtec see opportunities amid headwinds
Reduced North American rail traffic isn’t dampening the outlook for these rail equipment manufacturers and rail car lessors. The post Trinity Industries, GATX and Wabtec see opportunities amid headwinds appeared first on FreightWaves.
Trinity (TRN) Q1 Earnings Miss Estimates, Revenues Beat
Trinity's (TRN) first-quarter 2023 revenues benefit from a higher volume of external deliveries and improved pricing in the Rail Products Group.
TRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRNWant to do more research on Trinity Industries Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Trinity Industries Inc (TRN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Trinity Industries Inc (TRN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Trinity Industries Inc (TRN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...