Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRN POWR Grades
- TRN scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 90.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRN is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TRN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 23.07% of US stocks).
TRN Stock Summary
- For TRN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.28% of US equities we're observing.
- As for revenue growth, note that TRN's revenue has grown -24.18% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 6.38% of US companies in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for TRN comes in at 27.7% -- higher than that of 94.07% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Trinity Industries Inc are INVA, ORA, PBF, AMBC, and VGR.
- TRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Trinity Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.trin.net.
TRN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRN's EV/EBIT ratio is 375.51% higher, now standing at 103.9.
- TRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TRN's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRN.
TRN Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at -40.87%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -39.19%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -61.43%.
The table below shows TRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.56% of graded US stocks.
- TRN's asset turnover comes in at 0.195 -- ranking 10th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, WAB, and RAIL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRN.
The table below shows TRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.88||52-week high||$35.35|
|Prev. close||$24.40||52-week low||$22.21|
|Day high||$24.47||Avg. volume||922,859|
|50-day MA||$25.93||Dividend yield||3.77%|
|200-day MA||$28.72||Market Cap||1.99B|
Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Company Bio
Trinity Industries, Inc. provides various products and services for the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors in the United States and internationally. Its Rail Group segment offers railcars, including autorack, box, covered hopper, gondola, intermodal, tank, and open hopper cars; and couplers, axles, and other equipment, as well as railcar maintenance services. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Latest Social Stream
View Full TRN Social Stream
Latest TRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trinity Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRN as an investment opportunity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Today is shaping up negative for Trinity Industries, Inc. ( NYSE:TRN ) shareholders, with the analysts delivering a...
Trinity (NYSE:TRN) stock fell 4% after the company reported Q4 earnings that missed Street estimates. Additionally, TRN said it expects 2022 EPS of $0.85-1.05, well below consensus estimate of $1.21. TRN forecast industry deliveries of 40K-50K railcars in 2022. Net investment in the lease fleet is expected to be $450M-550M. “The...
No summary available.
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) today announced earnings results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2021. Financial and Operational Highlights – Fourth Quarter Quarterly total company revenues of $472 million Quarterly income from continuing operations per common diluted share ("EPS") of $0.16 and quarterly adjusted EPS of $0.08 Lease fleet utilization of 95.7% and Future Lease Rate Differential ("FLRD") of positive 2.2% at quarter end New railcar or
TRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|