Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRN POWR Grades
- TRN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 77.07% of US stocks.
- TRN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- TRN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 10.52% of US stocks).
TRN Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Trinity Industries Inc is higher than it is for about 96.97% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Trinity Industries Inc is reporting a growth rate of 411.83%; that's higher than 94.75% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that TRN's revenue has grown -30.61% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 6.58% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Trinity Industries Inc are ORA, NOVA, HTGC, CSV, and SGRY.
- TRN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Trinity Industries Inc's official web site, go to www.trin.net.
TRN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRN's EV/EBIT ratio is 375.51% higher, now standing at 103.9.
- TRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TRN's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRN.
TRN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 5.77%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -16.63%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 44.01%.
The table below shows TRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.56% of graded US stocks.
- TRN's asset turnover comes in at 0.195 -- ranking 10th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- GD, WAB, and RAIL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRN.
The table below shows TRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.57||52-week high||$33.77|
|Prev. close||$28.49||52-week low||$24.70|
|Day high||$28.50||Avg. volume||852,579|
|50-day MA||$28.91||Dividend yield||3.34%|
|200-day MA||$28.27||Market Cap||2.68B|
Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Company Bio
Trinity Industries, Inc. provides various products and services for the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors in the United States and internationally. Its Rail Group segment offers railcars, including autorack, box, covered hopper, gondola, intermodal, tank, and open hopper cars; and couplers, axles, and other equipment, as well as railcar maintenance services. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Latest Social Stream
View Full TRN Social Stream
Latest TRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trinity Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRN as an investment opportunity.
Lower deliveries and higher selling, engineering, and administrative expenses are a concern for Trinity (TRN).
Trinity Industries, Inc. ( NYSE:TRN ) stock is about to trade ex-dividend in three days. The ex-dividend date is...
In this article, we discuss the top 10 stock picks of Mason Morfit’s ValueAct Capital. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the Top 5 Stock Picks of ValueAct Capital. ValueAct Capital was co-founded by Jeffrey Ubben in 2000. ValueAct is an investment management firm based in San […]
Trinity's (TRN) divestiture of the highway products business helps it focus on rail-related business and optimize capital structure to meet long-term goals.
Trinity Industries, Inc. Announces Completion of Sale of Highway Products Business and its Use of Proceeds
DALLAS, December 31, 2021--Trinity Industries, Inc. Announces Completion of Sale of Highway Products Business and Use of Proceeds
TRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|