Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRN POWR Grades
- TRN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 68.14% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- TRN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
TRN Stock Summary
- For TRN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 96.98% of US equities we're observing.
- As for revenue growth, note that TRN's revenue has grown -41% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 6.36% of US companies in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TRN is more volatile than only 7.9% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Trinity Industries Inc are NOVA, SCI, CF, RYN, and INVA.
- Visit TRN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trin.net.
TRN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRN's EV/EBIT ratio is 375.51% higher, now standing at 103.9.
- TRN's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TRN's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRN.
TRN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -53.66%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -40.87%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -61.66%.
The table below shows TRN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.11% of graded US stocks.
- TRN's asset turnover comes in at 0.189 -- ranking 10th of 10 Shipbuilding Railroad Equipment stocks.
- WAB, GD, and GBX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRN.
The table below shows TRN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$27.43||52-week high||$33.77|
|Prev. close||$27.51||52-week low||$18.29|
|Day high||$27.65||Avg. volume||853,727|
|50-day MA||$27.78||Dividend yield||3.06%|
|200-day MA||$28.20||Market Cap||2.72B|
Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Company Bio
Trinity Industries, Inc. provides various products and services for the energy, transportation, chemical, and construction sectors in the United States and internationally. Its Rail Group segment offers railcars, including autorack, box, covered hopper, gondola, intermodal, tank, and open hopper cars; and couplers, axles, and other equipment, as well as railcar maintenance services. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TRN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Latest Social Stream
View Full TRN Social Stream
Latest TRN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Trinity Industries Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRN as an investment opportunity.
The railroad industry is one of the major components of the transportation sector and is closely tied to the economy's growth. Railroad companies operate vast networks that transport agricultural products, packaged foods, commodities, electronics, and other goods to companies and consumers.
(RTTNews) - Trinity Industries Inc. (TRN) said that it has completed the $250 million share repurchase program authorized by its Board of Directors in October 2020. As a result, Trinity''s Board has approved a new $250 million share repurchase program, effective September 9, 2021, that expires on December 31, 2022. Trinity also declared a
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) (Trinity) today announced the addition of Jason G. Anderson to its Board of Directors and the resignation of Brandon B. Boze from the Board, both effective as of today. Similar to Mr. Boze, Mr. Anderson is a member of the investment team at ValueAct Capital. Mr. Anderson will also serve as a member of the Finance and Risk Committee and the Human Resources Committee. We are pleased to welcome Jason Anderson to Trinitys Board of Dir
Trinity Industries, Inc. Announces New Share Repurchase Authorization and Declares Quarterly Dividend
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Trinity Industries, Inc. (NYSE:TRN) (Trinity or the Company) today announced that it has completed the $250 million share repurchase program authorized by its Board of Directors (the Board) in October 2020. As a result, Trinitys Board has approved a new $250 million share repurchase program, effective September 9, 2021, that expires on December 31, 2022. We are pleased to have completed the Companys existing $250 million repurchase program, as well as announce
Strong cash position and cost-reduction initiatives are driving Trinity (TRN) stock.
TRN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|