Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Regarding free cash flow variation: TRN reports less variability in its cash flow than merely 7.66% of dividend stocks in our set.
- TRN has a compound annual growth rate of its cash flow of -0.21%, higher than about merely 5.29% stocks in our dividend set.
- If price volatilty is something you're paying attention to when building your dividend portfolio, know that TRN has less fluctuation in its price than 86.16% of stocks we're observing.
- To help you reduce price risk in your dividend portfolio, here are the dividend stocks that are least correlated with TRN's price: NAT, SYNL, DIT, SGA and UTL.
TRN Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. In the case of TRN, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 3.45%. Digging deeper, the aspects of Trinity Industries Inc's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- In comparison to other stocks in the Industrials sector, Trinity Industries Inc offers a higher dividend yield than 89.45% of them.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Industrials sector, the expected return of -3.45%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 78.44% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, TRN has a discount rate lower than 78.44% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- Compared to other dividend issuers in the mid-sized market cap category, TRN's beta -- a measure of volatility relative to the market at large -- is lower than 67.38% of them.
TRN Dividend Chart
TRN Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Dividends vs. Peers
|1||TRN||Trinity Industries, Inc.||3.93%|
|2||GBX||Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The)||3.44%|
|4||ARII||American Railcar Industries, Inc.||2.28%|
|5||UNP||Union Pacific Corporation||1.98%|
|6||NSC||Norfolk Southern Corporation||1.77%|
|7||CNI||Canadian National Railway Company||1.64%|
|9||CP||Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||0.94%|
|10||KSU||Kansas City Southern||0.88%|
|11||WERN||Werner Enterprises, Inc.||0.84%|
|12||WAB||Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation||0.77%|
|13||GWR||Genesee & Wyoming Inc.||0.00%|
|14||FSTR||L.B. Foster Company||0.00%|
|15||KIQ||Kelso Technologies Inc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|16||RAIL||Freightcar America, Inc.||0.00%|