Trinity Industries, Inc. (TRN) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- If you care about predictable cash flow, note that TRN reports less variability in its free cash flow than merely 9.14% of the dividend stocks we're tracking.
- TRN has a compound annual growth rate of its cash flow of -0.25%, higher than about merely 4.04% stocks in our dividend set.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with TRN's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: SPTN, QUAD, HLI, CGA and CPB.
TRN Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. Regarding Trinity Industries Inc, the DDM model generated by StockNews estimates a return of negative 9.75% in comparison to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Trinity Industries Inc are:
- As for its position relative to other Industrials stocks that issue dividends, TRN provides shareholders with a dividend yield greater than 79.76% such stocks.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Industrials sector, the expected return of -9.75%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 70.45% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, Trinity Industries Inc bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 70.45% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- Amongst its dividend-issuing peers in the mid-sized market cap category, TRN has a beta lower than 65.65% of them.
TRN Dividend Chart
TRN Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
TRN Dividends vs. Peers
|1||GBX||Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The)||4.09%|
|2||TRN||Trinity Industries, Inc.||3.37%|
|4||ARII||American Railcar Industries, Inc.||2.28%|
|5||UNP||Union Pacific Corporation||2.10%|
|6||NSC||Norfolk Southern Corporation||1.94%|
|7||CNI||Canadian National Railway Company||1.84%|
|9||KSU||Kansas City Southern||0.98%|
|10||CP||Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||0.89%|
|11||WERN||Werner Enterprises, Inc.||0.85%|
|12||WAB||Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation||0.68%|
|13||GWR||Genesee & Wyoming Inc.||0.00%|
|14||FSTR||L.B. Foster Company||0.00%|
|15||KIQ||Kelso Technologies Inc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|16||RAIL||Freightcar America, Inc.||0.00%|