TransUnion (TRU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRU POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where TRU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRU is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- TRU's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 17.11% of US stocks).
TRU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $22,662,110,000, TransUnion has a greater market value than 89.1% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 177.5, TransUnion is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 83.19% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for TransUnion is higher than 81.93% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DOV, ENTG, TRMB, FTV, and KEYS.
- TRU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TransUnion's official web site, go to www.transunion.com.
TRU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRU's price/sales ratio is 338.89% higher, now standing at 7.9.
- Over the past 74 months, TRU's price/earnings ratio has gone up 910.1.
- TRU's price/earnings ratio has moved up 910.1 over the prior 74 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRU.
TRU Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 1416.35%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 16.86%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 132.84%.
The table below shows TRU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$120.06||52-week high||$120.82|
|Prev. close||$119.86||52-week low||$78.02|
|Day high||$120.82||Avg. volume||1,218,601|
|50-day MA||$110.74||Dividend yield||0.32%|
|200-day MA||$97.75||Market Cap||22.99B|
TransUnion (TRU) Company Bio
TransUnion provides consumer reports, risk scores, analytical services and decisioning capabilities to businesses. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
TRU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for TRU, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that TransUnion ranked in the 57th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 16.17%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TRU, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.75 years comes in at 0.43%; that's greater than 76.95% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 9. This value is greater than merely 24.55% stocks in the Industrials sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TRU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRU Latest Social Stream
View Full TRU Social Stream
Latest TRU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TransUnion that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRU as an investment opportunity.
TransUnion's (TRU) second-quarter 2021 earnings and revenues increase year over year.
TransUnion (TRU) delivered strong second-quarter results as the global information and insights company benefited from the economic recovery. Earnings and revenue growth came on the back of increased demand for the company’s services in most markets. Revenue for the quarter was up 22% year-over-year to $774 million, beating the consensus estimate of $745.8 million. Adjusted net income rose to $185 million ($0.96 a share) from $127 million ($0.66 a share) reported in the same quarter last year and beat analysts' estimates of $0.91 a share. TransUnion benefited from a diversified growth-oriented portfolio. The company has raised its full-year outlook in response to the strong performance in Q2.
Chart 1: Monthly CII of Canadian Credit Market 2012 – 2021 (i) Source: TransUnion Canada consumer credit database. (i) A lower CII number compared to the prior period represents a decline in credit health, while a higher number reflects an improvement. The CII number needs to be looked at in relation to the previous period(s) and not in isolation. In February 2019, the CII of 102 represented an improvement in credit health compared to same month prior year (February 2018) and compared to prior m
TRU earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
TransUnion (TRU) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 4.35% and 3.31%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
TRU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|