TransUnion (TRU): Price and Financial Metrics
TRU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.76||52-week high||$90.08|
|Prev. close||$72.40||52-week low||$50.32|
|Day high||$73.70||Avg. volume||1,636,715|
|50-day MA||$64.78||Dividend yield||0.58%|
|200-day MA||$64.73||Market Cap||14.06B|
TRU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRU POWR Grades
- TRU scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 61.89% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRU is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- TRU's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 18.24% of US stocks).
TRU Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $13,844,712,000, TRANSUNION has a greater market value than 87.44% of US stocks.
- TRU's current price/earnings ratio is 50.55, which is higher than 88.61% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for TRANSUNION is higher than 89.46% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to TRANSUNION are BKI, LH, ACHC, GXO, and EFX.
- TRU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TRANSUNION's official web site, go to www.transunion.com.
TRU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, TRU's price/sales ratio is 236.36% higher, now standing at 3.7.
- TRU's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 96 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRU.
TRU Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 324.21%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 277.67%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 16.63%.
The table below shows TRU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRU has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.95% of graded US stocks.
- TRU's asset turnover comes in at 0.408 -- ranking 368th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- ECOM, SITOQ, and QUOT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRU.
The table below shows TRU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRU Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TRU, see our TRU price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$132.47||Average Broker Recommendation||1.44 (Moderate Buy)|
TransUnion (TRU) Company Bio
TransUnion is an American consumer credit reporting agency. TransUnion collects and aggregates information on over one billion individual consumers in over thirty countries including "200 million files profiling nearly every credit-active consumer in the United States". Its customers include over 65,000 businesses. Based in Chicago, Illinois, TransUnion's 2014 revenue was US$1.3 billion. It is the smallest of the three largest credit agencies, along with Experian and Equifax (known as the "Big Three"). (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TRU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRU Latest Social Stream
View Full TRU Social Stream
Latest TRU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRANSUNION that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRU as an investment opportunity.
TransUnion Introduces TruIQ Analytics Studio to Help Businesses Make Better Decisions with Nimble, On-Demand Data and Analytics Experience
Solution allows overburdened data and analytics teams to make quick and accurate decisions easily using AWS Machine Learning ServicesCHICAGO, May 17, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- One in five data and analytics decision-makers cite the inability to process big data and act on it at the speeds needed by operations, businesses and customers as a top challenge in executing their vision.1 To ease those concerns, TransUnion (NYSE: TRU) today unveiled TruIQ™ Analytics Studio, a powerful data science and an
Nearly 15% of Consumers Allow Auto Insurance Coverage to Lapse as Shopping Fails to Yield Lower Rates
New TransUnion report finds consumers also increasingly turn to insurance agents for guidance on savingsCHICAGO, May 16, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Auto and property insurance shopping rates continued to rise in Q1 2023, up 7% and 10%, respectively, compared to Q1 2022. However, as shopping has increased, the number of consumers switching carriers is beginning to decrease, indicating that premiums are rising among virtually all insurers. The findings are part of TransUnion’s (NYSE: TRU) latest qua
US Credit Card Debt Was Stickier Than Usual in First Quarter
(Bloomberg) -- US credit card debt declined in early 2023 at a slower pace than it typically does in the first quarter of each year, as high prices continued to put pressure on household budgets, according to a new report. Most Read from BloombergJamie Dimon Says US Needs to 'Finish' the Bank CrisisTurkey Markets Rally as Candidate Withdraws Days Before VoteFamily Builds $900 Million Brazil Farming Empire After 935% GainHedge Funds Drive Credit Suisse CDS Higher on Bets of a PayoutStocks Mixed a
Consumers Relying on Credit Cards to Pay Bills
The balances on both credit cards and installment loans are rising, according to data from credit score company TransUnion.
Credit Card and Unsecured Personal Loan Balances Remain at or Near-Record Levels as Consumers Navigate Challenging Economic Climate
Q1 2023 TransUnion Credit Industry Insights Report explores latest credit trendsCHICAGO, May 11, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The newly released Q1 2023 Quarterly Credit Industry Insights Report (CIIR) from TransUnion (NYSE: TRU) shows that in this current economic climate in which inflation remains at elevated levels and interest rates have risen sharply, consumers are increasingly turning to credit to manage their household budgets, leading to record- or near-record high balances in credit cards a
TRU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRUHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on TransUnion's stock as an investment opportunity:
TransUnion (TRU) Stock Price | Nasdaq
TransUnion (TRU) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
TransUnion (TRU) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...