The Travelers Companies, Inc. (TRV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRV POWR Grades
- TRV scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 84.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRV is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- TRV ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
TRV Stock Summary
- TRV has a higher market value than 92.94% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $36,892,515,123.
- TRV's went public 35.07 years ago, making it older than 92.3% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TRV is more volatile than just 9.76% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Travelers Companies Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be AFL, ALL, WBA, PPG, and CNC.
- Visit TRV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.travelers.com.
TRV Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, TRV's price/sales ratio is 8.33% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- TRV's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TRV's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRV.
TRV Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 18.46%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 27.15%.
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 18.24%.
The table below shows TRV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$149.38||52-week high||$162.71|
|Prev. close||$148.82||52-week low||$105.67|
|Day high||$150.12||Avg. volume||1,301,543|
|50-day MA||$153.67||Dividend yield||2.37%|
|200-day MA||$145.10||Market Cap||37.27B|
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (TRV) Company Bio
Travelers Companies provides a range of commercial and personal property, and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals in the Unites states and internationally. It operates in three segments: Business and International Insurance; Bond & Specialty Insurance; and Personal Insurance. The company was founded in 1853 and is based in New York, New York.
TRV Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Travelers Companies Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Travelers Companies Inc ranked in the 73th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 139.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Travelers Companies Inc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 86. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 68.43% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- TRV's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 27.96% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TRV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRV Latest Social Stream
View Full TRV Social Stream
Latest TRV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Travelers Companies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRV as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Travelers Companies Inc. dropped 1.8% in morning trading Thursday, enough to pace the Dow Jones Industrial Average''s decliners, after analyst Joshua Shanker at BofA Securities swung to bearish from bullish on the insurer, citing decelerating commercial property and casualty pricing and eroding underwriting margins in personal auto and homeowners insurance. The double downgrade comes two days after the Travelers reported a big second-quarter profit beat, as investment income tripled. BofA''s Shanker cut his rating to underperform from buy, while trimming his stock price target to $161 from $171. He also reduced his 2022 earnings estimate to a Wall Street low $11.80 from $12.30, given the pricing and margins weakness. "While pricing increases can improve margins in 2022we expec...
Shares of Travelers Companies Inc. dropped 1.8% in morning trading Thursday, enough to pace the Dow Jones Industrial Average's decliners, after analyst Joshua Shanker at BofA Securities swung to bearish from bullish on the insurer, citing decelerating commercial property and casualty pricing and eroding underwriting margins in personal auto and homeowners insurance. The double downgrade comes two days after the Travelers reported a big second-quarter profit beat, as investment income tripled. Bo
The Travelers Companies (TRV): Q2 Non-GAAP EPS of $3.45 beats by $1.07; GAAP EPS of $3.66 beats by $1.29.Earned premium of $7.62B (+9.5% Y/Y) beats by $90M.Consolidated combined ratio of 95.3% and underlying combined ratio of 91.4%.Book value per share of $116.86, up 10% from June 30, 2020; adjusted book...
The Travelers Companies, Inc.'s (TRV) CEO Alan Schnitzer on Q2 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (TRV) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 20, 2021, 09:00 AM ET Company Participants Abbe Goldstein - SVP, IR Alan Schnitzer - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dan Frey - EVP and Chief Financial Officer Greg Toczydlowski - EVP and President, Business Insurance Tom Kunkel -...
Earnings results for The Travelers Companies , Analyst Opinion on The Travelers Companies , Earnings and Valuation of (NYSE:TRV), Stock market Insights & financial analysis, Best stock to invest, Investment Idea, The post Analysts Estimate Report : What to Look Out for The Travelers Companies (NYSE:TRV) appeared first on .
TRV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRVWant to see what other sources are saying about Travelers Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch