Travelers Cos. Inc. (TRV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TRV POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TRV ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TRV is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- TRV ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
TRV Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $45,020,503,028, TRAVELERS COMPANIES INC has a greater market value than 94.81% of US stocks.
- TRV's went public 36.58 years ago, making it older than 93.09% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The volatility of TRAVELERS COMPANIES INC's share price is greater than that of just 13.25% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TRV, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SU, RSG, FDX, WBD, and TU.
- TRV's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TRAVELERS COMPANIES INC's official web site, go to www.travelers.com.
TRV Valuation Summary
- TRV's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 0% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- TRV's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TRV.
TRV Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.03%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 110.64%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 25.85%.
The table below shows TRV's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TRV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TRV has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.67% of graded US stocks.
- TRV's asset turnover comes in at 0.288 -- ranking 61st of 133 Insurance stocks.
- PRU, ERIE, and BRO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TRV.
The table below shows TRV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TRV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TRV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$188.76||52-week high||$194.51|
|Prev. close||$192.11||52-week low||$149.65|
|Day high||$191.58||Avg. volume||1,508,872|
|50-day MA||$187.56||Dividend yield||1.94%|
|200-day MA||$173.17||Market Cap||44.24B|
Travelers Cos. Inc. (TRV) Company Bio
The Travelers Companies, Inc., commonly known as Travelers, is an American insurance company. It is the second-largest writer of U.S. commercial property casualty insurance, and the sixth-largest writer of U.S. personal insurance through independent agents. Travelers is incorporated in Minnesota, with headquarters in New York City, and its largest office in Hartford, Connecticut. It has been a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since June 8, 2009. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TRV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TRV Latest Social Stream
View Full TRV Social Stream
Latest TRV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRAVELERS COMPANIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TRV as an investment opportunity.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 24, 2023 Operator: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Fourth Quarter Results Teleconference for Travelers. As a reminder, this conference is being recorded January 24, 2023. At this time, I would like to turn the conference over to Ms. Abbe Goldstein, Senior […]
Progressive's (PGR) Q4 earnings reflect improvement in the top line, offset by higher expenses.
Travelers Companies ( NYSE:TRV ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$36.9b (up 5.9% from FY 2021...
With the first big batch of fourth quarter earnings reports hitting the markets, U.S. equities indexes were mixed on Tuesday, Jan. 24.
Auto insurers are racing to catch up with higher costs to cover claims. Loss trends in auto insurance, propelled by higher costs to cover accidents, continue to be ugly. Travelers reported an underlying combined ratio in its personal auto business of 110.5% for the fourth quarter, meaning payouts and expenses were more than premiums earned, excluding catastrophe-related losses and adjustments in reserves for past years.
TRV Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TRVWant to see what other sources are saying about Travelers Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Travelers Companies Inc (TRV) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch