Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. ADR (TSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TSM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TSM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.3% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TSM is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- TSM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
TSM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $563,985,774,962, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd has a greater market value than 99.86% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TSM is currently 0.65, higher than just 3.1% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 85.77%, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses 89.32% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd are BABA, TSLA, JPM, BRK.B, and JNJ.
- Visit TSM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tsmc.com.
TSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$112.46||52-week high||$142.20|
|Prev. close||$108.75||52-week low||$49.38|
|Day high||$112.83||Avg. volume||12,483,026|
|50-day MA||$117.16||Dividend yield||1.24%|
|200-day MA||$103.98||Market Cap||583.23B|
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. ADR (TSM) Company Bio
Taiwan Semiconductor engages in the computer-aided design, manufacture, packaging, testing, sale, and marketing of integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
TSM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ranked in the 52th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 11.33%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TSM, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd over the past 5.02 years is 0.03%; that's better than only 19.21% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 0% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 5.13% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- TSM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 54.81% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TSM Latest Social Stream
View Full TSM Social Stream
Latest TSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TSM as an investment opportunity.
Photo by JanpenBoonbao/iStock via Getty Images Generating nearly one eighth of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company's (TSM) revenues and exhibiting a fraction of its market cap, United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC) does seem tiny when compared to its much larger peer. Source: Seeking Alpha However, it remains an essential player in the...
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (NYSE: TSM) plans to channelize incremental billions of dollars into the Arizona chip factories from its previously disclosed plans, Reuters reports. TSM remains indifferent regarding the European plant plans. Last year, TSM had announced an investment of $10 billion and $12 billion in the Phoenix chip factory. The company now plans around five additional fabs in Arizona apart from the current one. Opinions remain divided over the next plant focus between the advanced 3-nanometer chipmaking technology and the slower, less-efficient 5-nanometer technology used for the first factory. The 3-nanometer plant could cost between $23 billion and $25 billion. TSM could join the likes of Intel Corp (NASDAQ: INTC) and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd (OTC: SSNLF...
(Bloomberg) -- Human error and worst-case scenarios triggered a widespread power outage in Taiwan, rocking its reliability as a top supplier of computer chips as the industry grapples with a global shortage.A dual coal- and gas-fired power plant in the southern city of Kaohsiung went offline Thursday after a technician accidentally flipped the wrong switch, resulting in a sudden drop in voltage that caused the plant to shut down as a protective measure, state-run utility Taiwan Power Co. said in a statement Friday.The failure came at precisely the wrong time, overloading an electricity grid already stretched by rising temperatures, a water shortage, volatile solar output and higher-than-expected power consumption, and snowballed into a blackout that hit Taiwan’s major cities, including ...
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) does not see any major impact on chip exports from Taiwan's largest airline having to cut flights while pilots are quarantined over a COVID-19 outbreak, it said on Friday. The government on Monday ordered the quarantine of all pilots at China Airlines Ltd for 14 days as it tries to stop an outbreak of COVID-19 linked to the carrier and a hotel at Taiwan's main international airport. China Airlines said that would affect more than 10% of its freighter capacity, though it stressed it would not be totally grounded.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co is weighing plans to pump tens of billions of dollars more into cutting-edge chip factories in the U.S. state of Arizona than it had previously disclosed, but is cool on prospects for an advanced European plant, people familiar with the matter told Reuters. TSMC is the world's most advanced chip-maker, and its investment plans are being closely watched amid a global chip shortage and new initiatives in the U.S. and Europe to subsidize semiconductor production. TSMC announced last year that it would invest $10 billion to $12 billion to build a chip factory in Phoenix.
TSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd's stock as an investment opportunity:
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch