Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. ADR (TSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TSM POWR Grades
- TSM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 94.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TSM is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- TSM ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
TSM Stock Summary
- TSM has a market capitalization of $596,761,775,860 -- more than approximately 99.84% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd is higher than just 3.01% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 85.77%, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses 90.19% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd, a group of peers worth examining would be BRK.B, BABA, TSLA, NVDA, and JPM.
- Visit TSM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tsmc.com.
TSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$118.79||52-week high||$142.20|
|Prev. close||$118.41||52-week low||$75.98|
|Day high||$119.55||Avg. volume||10,804,144|
|50-day MA||$117.78||Dividend yield||1.21%|
|200-day MA||$114.01||Market Cap||616.05B|
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. ADR (TSM) Company Bio
Taiwan Semiconductor engages in the computer-aided design, manufacture, packaging, testing, sale, and marketing of integrated circuits and other semiconductor devices. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Hsinchu, Taiwan.
TSM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd ranked in the 52th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd over the past 5.02 years is 0.03%; that's better than only 17.31% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 4.87% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- TSM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 59.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TSM Latest Social Stream
View Full TSM Social Stream
Latest TSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TSM as an investment opportunity.
Since the beginning of last year, the word "shortage" has seen its popularity skyrocket across the internet. Employee lockdown measures last year led to an extreme decline in manufacturing activity around the world. In contrast, the surge in stuck-at-home people led to a significant increase in demand for goods. In...
These high-quality companies are stocks to buy when they plunge during a crash and get an important chance to build significant wealth.
(Bloomberg) -- NXP Semiconductors NV, a major chip supplier to the automotive industry, said it sees strong demand that will drive robust growth for the reminder of the year and into 2022.The Dutch company reported second-quarter revenue rose 43% from a year earlier to $2.6 billion as global chip shortages continue to drive sales. That compares with the $2.57 billion average estimate from analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.“We continue to be very positive about the long-term demand trends across all
Earlier this year, IBM (NYSE: IBM) claimed to have developed the world's first 2nm chip technology. Let's take a look back at Big Blue's chipmaking breakthroughs, why investors were indifferent to those milestones, and whether or not these announcements actually matter to the company's future. The AIM alliance introduced PowerPC as an alternative chip architecture to challenge Intel's (NASDAQ: INTC) dominance of the CPU market.
The past five years were rough for Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world's largest manufacturer of x86 CPUs for PCs and data centers. It fell behind Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (NYSE: TSM) and Samsung in the "process race" to create smaller and more advanced chips, and its constant delays and chip shortages resulted in massive market share losses to AMD (NASDAQ: AMD). Intel also abandoned the mobile market by scrapping its smartphone chips and baseband modems, and it made scattershot investments in programmable chips, Internet of Things (IoT) chips, and automotive chips -- none of which resolved the company's core problems.
TSM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TSMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd's stock as an investment opportunity:
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch