Tyson Foods Inc. CI A (TSN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TSN POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TSN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.46% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TSN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- TSN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
TSN Stock Summary
- TSN has a higher market value than 90.1% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $20,292,017,106.
- TYSON FOODS INC's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.08% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of TYSON FOODS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.12% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TSN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are STLD, CAG, K, RE, and HRL.
- TSN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TYSON FOODS INC's official web site, go to www.tysonfoods.com.
TSN Valuation Summary
- TSN's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 60% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- TSN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TSN.
TSN Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 67.82%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 18.72%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 8.74%.
The table below shows TSN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TSN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TSN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.69% of graded US stocks.
- TSN's asset turnover comes in at 1.303 -- ranking 15th of 58 Food Products stocks.
- LNDC, FLO, and LANC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TSN.
The table below shows TSN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TSN Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TSN, see our TSN price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$85.75||Average Broker Recommendation||1.57 (Moderate Buy)|
TSN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TSN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$58.25||52-week high||$99.54|
|Prev. close||$57.85||52-week low||$55.81|
|Day high||$58.48||Avg. volume||3,233,268|
|50-day MA||$60.76||Dividend yield||3.31%|
|200-day MA||$69.73||Market Cap||20.72B|
Tyson Foods Inc. CI A (TSN) Company Bio
Tyson Foods, Inc. is an American multinational corporation based in Springdale, Arkansas, that operates in the food industry. The company is the world's second largest processor and marketer of chicken, beef, and pork after JBS S.A. and annually exports the largest percentage of beef out of the United States. Together with its subsidiaries, it operates major food brands, including Jimmy Dean, Hillshire Farm, Ball Park, Wright Brand, Aidells, and State Fair. Tyson Foods ranked No. 79 in the 2020 Fortune 500 list of the largest United States corporations by total revenue. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TSN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TSN Latest Social Stream
View Full TSN Social Stream
Latest TSN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TYSON FOODS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TSN as an investment opportunity.
7 Value Stocks To Buy Now For Bargain Prices
The stock market has had a wild first quarter of 2023.
Tyson Foods Announces Second Quarter Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
SPRINGDALE, Ark., March 27, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tyson Foods, Inc. (NYSE: TSN) will release second quarter 2023 financial results on Monday, May 8, 2023. Management will host a conference call and webcast beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (8:00 a.m. Central Time). A press release and supplemental materials will be issued before the market opens that morning. WebcastA link for the webcast of the conference call is available on the Tyson Investor Relations website at http://ir.tyson.com. The
Aristotle Value Equity Strategy Sold Tyson Foods (TSN) Despite Strong Catalysts
Aristotle Capital Management, LLC, an investment management company, released its “Value Equity Strategy” fourth quarter 2022 investor letter. A copy of the same can be downloaded here. In the fourth quarter, the fund returned 10.57% gross of fees, underperforming the Russell 1000 Value Index, which returned 12.42%. The underperformance of the fund relative to the benchmark in […]
25 Most Valuable Food Companies in The World
We will take a look at the 25 most valuable food companies in the world. To skip our analysis of the recent market trends, you can go directly to see the 5 Most Valuable Food Companies in the World. The food industry is a vast and intricate system that encompasses all the processes that food […]
UPDATE 1-Tyson Foods plant closure raises antitrust concerns among US farmers, experts
Tyson Foods Inc gave its chicken suppliers two months' notice of its plan to shut a Virginia processing plant in May, raising concerns among farmers and legal experts about the company's compliance with antitrust regulations requiring it to give 90 days' notice before ending a contract. The planned closure of the plant has left dozens of Virginia chicken growers scrambling to find new buyers in a region with few other options. It could also expose Tyson to fines under the century-old Packers and Stockyards Act (PSA), the U.S. antitrust law requiring the minimum advance warning, according to Peter Carstensen, a professor of law emeritus at the University of Wisconsin-Madison Law School who previously served in the antitrust division at the U.S. Department of Justice.
TSN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TSNHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Tyson Foods Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Tyson Foods Inc (TSN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tyson Foods Inc (TSN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tyson Foods Inc (TSN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...