Twitter, Inc. (TWTR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TWTR POWR Grades
- TWTR scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 63.46% of US stocks.
- TWTR's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- TWTR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
TWTR Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $33,548,391,304, TWITTER INC has a greater market value than 93.8% of US stocks.
- TWTR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 308.41 -- higher than 92.43% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TWTR is currently 2,055.03, higher than 99.86% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TWTR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ROKU, LGND, NVCR, WDAY, and SQ.
- Visit TWTR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.twitter.com.
TWTR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, TWTR's EV/EBIT ratio is 16279.25% higher, now standing at 2841.8.
- Over the past 108 months, TWTR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 128.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TWTR.
TWTR Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 1.59%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 50.64%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -69.24%.
The table below shows TWTR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TWTR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TWTR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 66.63% of graded US stocks.
- TWTR's asset turnover comes in at 0.329 -- ranking 418th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- FLT, BSQR, and CTXS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TWTR.
The table below shows TWTR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TWTR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TWTR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$51.00||52-week high||$68.41|
|Prev. close||$52.00||52-week low||$31.30|
|Day high||$51.49||Avg. volume||28,277,367|
|50-day MA||$42.15||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$40.35||Market Cap||39.03B|
Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) Company Bio
Twitter offers various products and services for users, including Twitter that allows users to create, distribute, and discover content; and Vine and video, a mobile application that enables users to create and distribute short looping videos. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in San Francisco, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
TWTR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TWTR Latest Social Stream
View Full TWTR Social Stream
Latest TWTR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TWITTER INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TWTR as an investment opportunity.
Famed activist investor Carl Icahn is said to have amassed a well over $500 million stake in social media Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) that paid off Tuesday when Elon Musk decided he would go through with his $44 billion Twitter purchase.
Twitter shares surged 22% on Tuesday on the news that billionaire Tesla CEO wanted to complete his purchase of Twitter (TWTR) on his original $54.20/share deal. Icahn paid in the mid $30s for his stock, which means...
Billionaire Elon Musk at least sounds like the happy acquirer of Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) again, taking to the platform with his first substantial comment since dramatic developments Tuesday in his on-again off-again $44B pursuit of the company.
Twitter stock (TWTR) was halted at midday Wednesday for news amid reports that Musk had sent the company a letter saying he wanted to conditionally complete his agreed $54.20/share buyout deal at the previously agreed price.
In a report released today, Daniel Ives from Wedbush maintained a Hold rating on Twitter (TWTR - Research Report), with a price target of $50.00. The company's shares opened today at $42.81.According to TipRanks, Ives is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 4.1% and a 47.88% success rate. Ives covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Apple, Twitter, and Fortinet.The word on The Street in general, suggests a Hold analyst consensus rating for Twitter with a $40.49 average price target, implying a -5.42% downside from current levels.
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday agreed to an appeal to scrutinize the federal protections granted to the Internet and social media companies in the case of the shooting of an American student, Reuters reported on Monday. This case involved an appeal by the parents and relatives of an American student, Nohemi Gonzalez against a lower court ruling which had ruled out any wrongdoing by YouTube (GOOGL) in an incident that sought monetary damages under a U.S. anti-terrorism law. According to the report, Nohemi Gonzalez was studying in Paris, France, and was shot in a 2015 terrorist attack by the Islamist State militant group in Paris.
In a surprise move, Elon Musk has proposed moving forward with the acquisition of Twitter at the initial offering price of $54.20 per share. This has caused shares of Twitter (NYSE:TWTR) to surge by almost 13%, resulting in the stock being halted. It would seem that Musk has come to the realization that a legal battle may not be worth the trouble. Indeed, some legal experts have claimed in recent months that the deal would likely go through if it ended up in court.
TWTR Price Returns