United Fire Group, Inc (UFCS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UFCS POWR Grades
- UFCS scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 93.24% of US stocks.
- UFCS's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- UFCS's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 50.78% of US stocks).
UFCS Stock Summary
- United Fire Group Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.38% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of United Fire Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, UFCS has reported earnings growth of -159.01%, putting it ahead of merely 11.93% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to United Fire Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be DYNT, EJH, JCTCF, SAMG, and SCHL.
- Visit UFCS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ufginsurance.com.
UFCS Valuation Summary
- UFCS's EV/EBIT ratio is -21.7; this is 352.33% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UFCS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 63.
- UFCS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 31.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UFCS.
UFCS Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 11%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -61.9%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at -0.68%.
The table below shows UFCS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UFCS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UFCS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.5% of graded US stocks.
- UFCS's asset turnover comes in at 0.372 -- ranking 40th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- KMPR, TIPT, and HIG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UFCS.
The table below shows UFCS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UFCS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UFCS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.21||52-week high||$37.26|
|Prev. close||$33.18||52-week low||$19.85|
|Day high||$33.21||Avg. volume||83,994|
|50-day MA||$31.43||Dividend yield||1.93%|
|200-day MA||$26.47||Market Cap||834.47M|
United Fire Group, Inc (UFCS) Company Bio
United Fire Group, Inc. provides insurance protection for individuals and businesses in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Property and Casualty Insurance, and Life Insurance. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
UFCS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UFCS Latest Social Stream
View Full UFCS Social Stream
Latest UFCS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United Fire Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UFCS as an investment opportunity.
While not a mind-blowing move, it is good to see that the United Fire Group, Inc. ( NASDAQ:UFCS ) share price has...
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, Feb. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United Fire Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: UFCS) (“UFG”) today announced the appointment of two new independent members to the Board of Directors, effective February 18, 2022. Mark Green has been appointed a Class C Director, and Matthew Foran has been appointed a Class B Director. The new directors' collective experience reflects UFG's commitment to delivering on its promise of value to shareholders, and building a culture of innovation. Mark A. Green
Ramlo to continue in his role until a successor is namedCEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, Feb. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, United Fire Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: UFCS) (“UFG”) President and Chief Executive Officer Randy Ramlo announced he will retire from the company in 2022. A long-term UFG employee, Mr. Ramlo has served in his current role since May 2007. “It has been an honor to serve as CEO and I am proud of the growth and success of the company during my tenure,” Ramlo said. “After 15 years as CEO, the
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, Feb. 18, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Today, the Board of Directors of United Fire Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: UFCS) ("UFG") declared a common stock quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share. This dividend will be payable March 18, 2022 to shareholders of record as of March 4, 2022. UFG has a long history of paying quarterly dividends, with the quarterly cash dividend declared today marking the 216th consecutive quarterly dividend paid, dating back to March 1968. About UFG Founded in 1
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, Feb. 15, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United Fire Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: UFCS),
UFCS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|