United Fire Group, Inc (UFCS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UFCS POWR Grades
- UFCS scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 77.8% of US stocks.
- UFCS's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- UFCS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
UFCS Stock Summary
- UFCS's went public 31.52 years ago, making it older than 83.95% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for United Fire Group Inc is higher than it is for about just 16.76% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.51, United Fire Group Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 10.17% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to United Fire Group Inc are FOSL, VIRC, CATO, BGSF, and OCC.
- Visit UFCS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ufginsurance.com.
UFCS Valuation Summary
- UFCS's EV/EBIT ratio is -21.7; this is 352.33% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UFCS's price/earnings ratio has gone down 63.
- UFCS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 31.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UFCS.
UFCS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -2.69%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 11%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -40.46%.
The table below shows UFCS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UFCS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UFCS has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 47.11% of graded US stocks.
- UFCS's asset turnover comes in at 0.372 -- ranking 40th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- TIPT, KMPR, and AGO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UFCS.
The table below shows UFCS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UFCS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UFCS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.21||52-week high||$36.40|
|Prev. close||$23.25||52-week low||$18.83|
|Day high||$23.75||Avg. volume||77,667|
|50-day MA||$25.02||Dividend yield||2.59%|
|200-day MA||$28.94||Market Cap||582.97M|
United Fire Group, Inc (UFCS) Company Bio
United Fire Group, Inc. provides insurance protection for individuals and businesses in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Property and Casualty Insurance, and Life Insurance. The company was founded in 1946 and is based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories View All
UFCS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UFCS Latest Social Stream
View Full UFCS Social Stream
Latest UFCS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United Fire Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UFCS as an investment opportunity.
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, Aug. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United Fire Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: UFCS),
At this time, I would like to welcome everyone to the UFG Insurance Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results Conference Call. The improvement in profitability is primarily due to a decrease in frequency and severity of commercial auto liability losses and below average catastrophe losses.
United Fire (UFCS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 600.00% and -4.30%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
United Fire (UFCS) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, July 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United Fire Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: UFCS) (the "Company", "UFG", "we", or "our") announced today that its 2021 second quarter earnings results will be released before the market opens on August 4, 2021. An earnings call will be held at 9:00 a.m. central time on that date to allow securities analysts, shareholders and other interested parties the opportunity to hear management discuss the Company''s 2021 second quarter results.
UFCS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|