United Insurance Holdings Corp. (UIHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UIHC POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where UIHC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 71.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UIHC is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- UIHC ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
UIHC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of United Insurance Holdings Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.17, United Insurance Holdings Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 1.55% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, United Insurance Holdings Corp is reporting a growth rate of 964.48%; that's higher than 97.54% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to United Insurance Holdings Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be IHC, NL, MANU, BDL, and SGMA.
- UIHC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit United Insurance Holdings Corp's official web site, go to www.upcinsurance.com.
UIHC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, UIHC's price/earnings ratio is 110% lower, now standing at -1.1.
- Over the past 154 months, UIHC's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
- UIHC's price/earnings ratio has moved down 1.9 over the prior 154 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UIHC.
UIHC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 234.85%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 91.61%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -94.96%.
The table below shows UIHC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UIHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UIHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 53.42% of graded US stocks.
- UIHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.26 -- ranking 68th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- PRI, RE, and GBLI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UIHC.
The table below shows UIHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UIHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UIHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.89||52-week high||$8.16|
|Prev. close||$2.88||52-week low||$2.76|
|Day high||$2.96||Avg. volume||129,956|
|50-day MA||$4.03||Dividend yield||8.33%|
|200-day MA||$5.54||Market Cap||124.87M|
United Insurance Holdings Corp. (UIHC) Company Bio
United Insurance Holdings Corporation writes and services residential property and casualty insurance policies using a network of independent agents and a group of wholly owned insurance subsidiaries. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in St. Petersburg, FL.
Most Popular Stories View All
UIHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UIHC Latest Social Stream
View Full UIHC Social Stream
Latest UIHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about United Insurance Holdings Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UIHC as an investment opportunity.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., September 09, 2021--United Insurance Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: UIHC) (UPC Insurance or the Company), a property and casualty insurance holding company, today announced estimated current year catastrophe losses incurred the third quarter through August 31, 2021, of approximately $27 million before income taxes (approximately $21 million after tax), net of expected reinsurance recoveries. The Company’s estimated net catastrophe losses includes claims from Tropical Storm Elsa, H
Match Group, Ceridian HCM and Brown & Brown Set to Join S&P 500; Others to Join S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600
S&P Dow Jones Indices will make the following index adjustments to the S&P 500, S&P MidCap 400, and S&P SmallCap 600 to ensure each index is more representative of its market capitalization range. The changes will be effective prior to the open of trading on Monday, September 20, 2021 to coincide with the quarterly rebalance:
In addition, UPC Insurance has made this broadcast available on its website as well. Except with respect to historical information, statements made in this conference call constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, including statements relating to trends in the company's operations and financial results and the business and the products of the company and its subsidiaries. Actual results from UPC may differ materially from those results anticipated in these forward-looking statements, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those described from time to time in UPC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
United Insurance (UIHC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -480.00% and 0.10%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
United Insurance Holdings Corp. Reports Financial Results for Its Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2021
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., August 04, 2021--United Insurance Holdings Corp. (Nasdaq: UIHC) (UPC Insurance or the Company), a property and casualty insurance holding company, today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2021.
UIHC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UIHCWant to do more research on United Insurance Holdings Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
United Insurance Holdings Corp (UIHC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
United Insurance Holdings Corp (UIHC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
United Insurance Holdings Corp (UIHC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch