UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNH POWR Grades
- UNH scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 94.15% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNH is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- UNH's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 42.25% of US stocks).
UNH Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $428,687,951,278, Unitedhealth Group Inc has a greater market value than 99.69% of US stocks.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 89.15% of US listed stocks.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 84.06% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNH, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WMT, BAC, MA, HD, and PG.
- Visit UNH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unitedhealthgroup.com.
UNH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, UNH's price/earnings ratio is 26.03% lower, now standing at 27.
- Over the past 243 months, UNH's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- UNH's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNH.
UNH Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 56.75%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 6.76%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 136.61%.
The table below shows UNH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNH's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNH has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.05% of graded US stocks.
- UNH's asset turnover comes in at 1.354 -- ranking 10th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- GL, PRU, and AMSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNH.
The table below shows UNH's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$453.48||52-week high||$460.44|
|Prev. close||$454.64||52-week low||$299.60|
|Day high||$460.44||Avg. volume||2,976,578|
|50-day MA||$416.63||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$391.19||Market Cap||427.59B|
UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH) Company Bio
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated is an American multinational managed healthcare and insurance company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. It offers health care products and insurance services. In 2020, it was the second-largest healthcare company (behind CVS Health) by revenue with $257.1 billion, and the largest insurance company by net premiums. UnitedHealthcare revenues comprise 80% of the Group's overall revenue. (Source: Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
UNH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNH Latest Social Stream
View Full UNH Social Stream
Latest UNH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unitedhealth Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNH as an investment opportunity.
UnitedHealth (UNH) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Is (UNH) Outperforming Other Medical Stocks This Year?
In this article, we will discuss 10 dividend stocks to buy according to Mark Coe’s Coe Capital Management. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Mark Coe’s history, investment philosophy, and hedge fund performance, go directly to 5 Dividend Stocks to Buy According to Mark Coe’s Coe Capital Management. Mark Coe is the […]
Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. Buys 86,346 Shares of UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE:UNH)
Charles Schwab Investment Management Inc. boosted its holdings in shares of UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE:UNH) by 1.8% during the second quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The fund owned 4,871,150 shares of the healthcare conglomerates stock after buying an additional 86,346 shares during 
HBK Investments L P acquired a new position in UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (NYSE:UNH) during the 2nd quarter, according to the company in its most recent 13F filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The institutional investor acquired 3,800 shares of the healthcare conglomerates stock, valued at approximately $1,522,000. Several other hedge funds have also made 
UNH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|