UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (DE) (UNH): Price and Financial Metrics
UNH Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $368,523,316,455, Unitedhealth Group Inc has a greater market value than 99.66% of US stocks.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 89.33% of US listed stocks.
- The volatility of Unitedhealth Group Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 7.36% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Unitedhealth Group Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MA, WMT, PG, BAC, and DIS.
- Visit UNH's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unitedhealthgroup.com.
UNH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$396.53||52-week high||$397.88|
|Prev. close||$389.84||52-week low||$273.25|
|Day high||$397.88||Avg. volume||3,393,523|
|50-day MA||$354.33||Dividend yield||1.28%|
|200-day MA||$332.77||Market Cap||374.85B|
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (DE) (UNH) Company Bio
UnitedHealth Group is a health and well-being company. The Company's business platforms include UnitedHealthcare and Optum. United Healthcare provides health-care benefits to various customers and markets. The company was founded in 1974 and is based in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
UNH Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Unitedhealth Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Unitedhealth Group Inc ranked in the 52th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 10.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Unitedhealth Group Inc ended up being:
- UNH's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 31.59% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Unitedhealth Group Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Healthcare), this tax rate is higher than 78.09% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNH Latest Social Stream
View Full UNH Social Stream
Latest UNH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unitedhealth Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNH as an investment opportunity.
CLOV stock has followed the traditional SPAC boom-and-bust cycle.
The Ohio Department of Medicaid, which is partnering with managed care health plans to improve the health and wellness of individuals, selected UnitedHealthcare Community Plan of Ohio as one of six organizations to administer its reimagined Medicaid program, effective early 2022.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: UnitedHealth, Pfizer, Accenture, Wells Fargo and Uber
UnitedHealth Group reported 1Q results that beat consensus estimates. The health care company posted first-quarter EPS of $5.31 that came in ahead of analysts’ estimates of $4.38. Revenues in 1Q were $70.2 billion, up 9% year-on-year. Analysts were expecting revenues of $69.3 billion. UnitedHealth Group’s (UNH) CEO, Andrew Witty said, “The unique combined capabilities of Optum and UnitedHealthcare and the unwavering commitment of our people continue to helpadvance the way care is delivered, improving results for those we serve and shareholders.” The company’s Optum business reported 1Q revenues of $36.4 billion, up 10.8% year-on-year with revenue-per-consumer growing 31% year-on-year.
Stock Market Rally Keeps Rising As Treasury Yields Fall Despite Strong Earnings, Economic Data; Goldman, Nvidia, Coinbase In Focus
Tumbling yields and strong economic data fueled stocks. Goldman earnings, Nvidia news and the Coinbase IPO were in focus.
UNH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UNHHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Unitedhealth Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!