UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNH POWR Grades
- UNH scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 95.88% of US stocks.
- UNH's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- UNH ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
UNH Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $386,134,596,440, Unitedhealth Group Inc has a greater market value than 99.68% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for UNH is 3.96 -- better than 89.23% of US stocks.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 83.97% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Unitedhealth Group Inc are MA, WMT, PG, PYPL, and DIS.
- UNH's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Unitedhealth Group Inc's official web site, go to www.unitedhealthgroup.com.
UNH Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, UNH's EV/EBIT ratio is 33.71% lower, now standing at 17.7.
- Over the past 243 months, UNH's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
- UNH's price/earnings ratio has moved down 4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNH.
UNH Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 109.9%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 128.81%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 125.29%.
The table below shows UNH's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNH Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNH Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$412.22||52-week high||$425.98|
|Prev. close||$412.08||52-week low||$289.64|
|Day high||$413.77||Avg. volume||3,123,435|
|50-day MA||$407.40||Dividend yield||1.41%|
|200-day MA||$367.49||Market Cap||389.01B|
UnitedHealth Group Inc. (UNH) Company Bio
UnitedHealth Group Incorporated is an American multinational managed healthcare and insurance company based in Minnetonka, Minnesota. It offers health care products and insurance services. In 2020, it was the second-largest healthcare company (behind CVS Health) by revenue with $257.1 billion, and the largest insurance company by net premiums. UnitedHealthcare revenues comprise 80% of the Group's overall revenue. (Source: Wikipedia)
UNH Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for UNH, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Unitedhealth Group Inc ranked in the 55th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 3.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for UNH, they are:
- UNH's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 35.17% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Unitedhealth Group Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Healthcare), this tax rate is higher than 75.75% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
UNH Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNH Latest Social Stream
View Full UNH Social Stream
Latest UNH News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unitedhealth Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNH as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss the 15 best strong buy stocks to invest in. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Strong Buy Stocks to Invest In. Uncertainty has been clouding over the stock market in the United States as investors exercise caution in the […]
United Health Foundation Launches $3.3 Million Partnership with North Olympic Healthcare Network to Improve Behavioral Health Care on the Olympic Peninsula
MINNETONKA, Minn., July 28, 2021--The United Health Foundation, the philanthropic foundation of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH), has established a three-year, $3.3 million grant partnership with the North Olympic Healthcare Network (NOHN), a federally qualified health center (community health center) serving Clallam County. NOHN will help to improve access to care with the goal of improving behavioral health for children and adults in the Port Angeles area. Washington’s rural counties have dispro
These cheap value stocks have the potential to provide shareholders with long-term growth that exceeds their current limiting valuations.
The CAN SLIM Select list of the IBD Stock Screener has all the FAANG stocks. But those aren't necessarily the ones to focus on right now.
Hey 5-Star Trader, “Tuesday Trade” Journal: One of the most important concepts in trading is to review your work, and learn from the good and the bad. Identifying what is working is critical — to do more of it. So, to lead by example, each Tuesday, you’ll get a trade from my trading journal, in which I explain my thought process from start to finish. Trading is all about finding something that works and applying it over and over again. That’s how you find trading success. So study up on this “Tu
UNH Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|