UNITIL Corporation (UTL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UTL POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where UTL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UTL is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- UTL ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
UTL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 191.31, Unitil Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 86.05% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Unitil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Unitil Corp is higher than it is for about 85.84% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Unitil Corp are MGEE, SFL, IDA, NFH, and PAC.
- UTL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Unitil Corp's official web site, go to unitil.com.
UTL Valuation Summary
- UTL's price/earnings ratio is 21.2; this is 5.78% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- UTL's price/earnings ratio has moved up 3.9 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, UTL's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UTL.
UTL Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -30.34%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 11.93%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 24.62%.
The table below shows UTL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UTL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UTL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 27.24% of graded US stocks.
- UTL's asset turnover comes in at 0.3 -- ranking 24th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NFG, BKH, and NJR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UTL.
The table below shows UTL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UTL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UTL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$45.02||52-week high||$59.32|
|Prev. close||$45.41||52-week low||$32.80|
|Day high||$45.80||Avg. volume||99,027|
|50-day MA||$49.84||Dividend yield||3.38%|
|200-day MA||$48.83||Market Cap||718.83M|
UNITIL Corporation (UTL) Company Bio
Unitil Corporation distributes electricity in New Hampshire and Massachusetts and natural gas in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Hampton, New Hampshire.
Most Popular Stories View All
UTL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UTL Latest Social Stream
View Full UTL Social Stream
Latest UTL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unitil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UTL as an investment opportunity.
HAMPTON, N.H., Sept. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Unitil Corporation (NYSE: UTL) (www.unitil.com) announced today that its underwriters exercised and closed their option to purchase an additional 120,000 newly issued shares of its common stock in connection with its previously announced public offering pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement on Form S-3 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Including the 120,000 newly issued shares, Unitil has sold 920,000 shares at a
Today we will run through one way of estimating the intrinsic value of Unitil Corporation ( NYSE:UTL ) by taking the...
HAMPTON, N.H., Aug. 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Unitil Corporation (NYSE: UTL) ( www.unitil.com ) announced today that it closed on its public offering of 800,000 newly issued shares of common stock pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement on Form S-3 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission at a public offering price of $50.80 per share. Unitil intends to use the net proceeds from this offering of approximately $38.6 million (after deducting the underwriting discount and its estimated offering expenses) to make equity capital contributions to Unitils regulated utility subsidiaries, to repay debt and for general corporate purposes. Unitil also has granted the underwriters an option to purchase up to an additional 120,000 shares.
HAMPTON, N.H., Aug. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) Unitil Corporation (NYSE: UTL) (www.unitil.com) announced today that it priced a public offering of 800,000 newly issued shares of common stock pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement on Form S-3 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission at a public offering price of $50.80 per share. Read More » Unitil Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock The post Unitil Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock appeared on Stocks News Feed .
HAMPTON, N.H., Aug. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Unitil Corporation (NYSE: UTL) ( www.unitil.com ) today announced Net Income was $2.7 million, or $0.18 in Earnings Per Share (EPS), for the second quarter of 2021, a decrease of $0.4 million in Net Income, or $0.03 per share, compared to the second quarter of 2020. For the second quarter of 2021, higher Gas and Electric Adjusted Margins (a non-GAAP measure) were more than offset by higher operating expenses compared to the same period in 2020. For the six months ended June 30, 2021, the Company reported Net Income of $21.6 million, or $1.44 per share, an increase of $3.3 million, or $0.21 per share, compared to the same six month period in 2020. The Companys earnings in the first six months of 2021 reflect higher Gas and Electric Adjuste...
UTL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|