UNITIL Corporation (UTL): Price and Financial Metrics
UTL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.31||52-week high||$60.59|
|Prev. close||$42.71||52-week low||$41.43|
|Day high||$42.87||Avg. volume||71,571|
|50-day MA||$48.23||Dividend yield||3.75%|
|200-day MA||$52.46||Market Cap||680.89M|
UTL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UTL POWR Grades
- UTL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 71.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UTL is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- UTL ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
UTL Stock Summary
- UTL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 251.56 -- higher than 88.44% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of UNITIL CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.26% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, UTL is more volatile than merely 12.99% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UTL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MGEE, OPI, ALE, SWX, and VNOM.
- Visit UTL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to unitil.com.
UTL Valuation Summary
- UTL's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 42.86% lower than that of the median Utilities stock.
- UTL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UTL.
UTL Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 26.55%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -9.43%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -6.6%.
The table below shows UTL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UTL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UTL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.73% of graded US stocks.
- UTL's asset turnover comes in at 0.303 -- ranking 24th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- ALE, CPK, and BKH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UTL.
The table below shows UTL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNITIL Corporation (UTL) Company Bio
Unitil Corporation distributes electricity in New Hampshire and Massachusetts and natural gas in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts. The company was founded in 1984 and is based in Hampton, New Hampshire.
UTL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UTL Latest Social Stream
View Full UTL Social Stream
Latest UTL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNITIL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UTL as an investment opportunity.
News Flash: One Analyst Just Made A Captivating Upgrade To Their Unitil Corporation (NYSE:UTL) Forecasts
Celebrations may be in order for Unitil Corporation ( NYSE:UTL ) shareholders, with the covering analyst delivering a...
Q2 2023 Unitil Corp Earnings Call
Unitil (UTL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -7.41% and 3.40%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
HAMPTON, N.H., Aug. 01, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Unitil Corporation (NYSE: UTL) (unitil.com) today announced Net Income of $4.2 million, or $0.25 in Earnings Per Share (EPS) for the second quarter of 2023, a decrease of $0.7 million in Net Income, or $0.05 in EPS, compared to the second quarter of 2022. For the six months ended June 30, 2023, the Company reported Net Income of $28.3 million, or $1.76 in EPS, an increase of $1.9 million in Net Income, or $0.11 in EPS, compared to the first six mo
Xcel (XEL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -5.45% and 11.29%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
UTL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|