Value Line, Inc. (VALU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VALU POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VALU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.99% of US stocks.
- VALU's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- VALU ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
VALU Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of VALUE LINE INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- VALU's price/sales ratio is 12.9; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 91.24% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -14.87%, VALUE LINE INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 18.75% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VALU, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NPK, WAFU, DSWL, CIX, and IPAR.
- VALU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VALUE LINE INC's official web site, go to www.valueline.com.
VALU Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, VALU's price/earnings ratio is 133.33% higher, now standing at 26.6.
- VALU's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VALU.
VALU Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -24.45%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 499.58%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 0.56%.
The table below shows VALU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VALU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VALU has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.45% of graded US stocks.
- VALU's asset turnover comes in at 0.342 -- ranking 63rd of 443 Trading stocks.
- CNS, AAT, and AINV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VALU.
The table below shows VALU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VALU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VALU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.50||52-week high||$118.40|
|Prev. close||$53.50||52-week low||$42.02|
|Day high||$57.09||Avg. volume||5,779|
|50-day MA||$52.71||Dividend yield||1.9%|
|200-day MA||$64.55||Market Cap||496.18M|
Value Line, Inc. (VALU) Company Bio
Value Line, Inc. produces and sells investment periodicals and related publications primarily in the United States. Its investment periodicals and related publications cover a range of investments, including stocks, mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), options, and convertible securities. The company was founded in 1931 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
VALU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VALU Latest Social Stream
View Full VALU Social Stream
Latest VALU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALUE LINE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VALU as an investment opportunity.
Value Line ( NASDAQ:VALU ) Second Quarter 2023 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$10.1m (flat on 2Q 2022). Net...
Value Line press release (VALU): Q2 GAAP EPS of $0.46.Retained earnings at October 31, 2022, were $91,700,000, representing an increase of 4.6% over retained earnings at April 30, 2022.
New York, Dec. 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Value Line, Inc., (NASDAQ: VALU) reported results through the second fiscal quarter ended October 31, 2022 and fiscal first half ended the same date. During the six months (May 2022 through October 2022), the Company’s income from operations of $5,727,000 was 14.5% above income from operations of $5,002,000 during the six months ended October 31, 2021. For the six months ended October 31, 2022, operating expenses decreased 5.6% below those during the s
In spite of the fact that Value Line shares are down quite a bit, they’re still quite expensive by historical standards. Read our analysis of VALU stock.
Thursday marks the last chance for investors to receive the next dividend payout from Value Line (NASDAQ: VALU ). What''s Happening The company announced on Friday that it would pay shareholders a quarterly dividend of 25 cents per share. On Friday, Value Line will go ex-dividend, meaning the stock will trade lower to reflect that payout. In other words, the … Full story available on Benzinga.com
VALU Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|