Valhi, Inc. (VHI): Price and Financial Metrics
VHI Stock Summary
- Valhi Inc's stock had its IPO on June 4, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.27% of US equities in our set.
- VHI's current price/earnings ratio is 10.7, which is higher than only 16.93% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- VHI's price/sales ratio is 0.31; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 10.4% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VHI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are JCP, DLPH, SUMR, CYH, and CTRN.
- VHI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Valhi Inc's official web site, go to www.valhi.net.
VHI Stock Price Chart More Charts
VHI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.34||52-week high||$4.47|
|Prev. close||$1.50||52-week low||$1.30|
|Day high||$1.50||Avg. volume||125,868|
|50-day MA||$1.71||Dividend yield||5.33%|
|200-day MA||$1.99||Market Cap||454.57M|
Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Company Bio
Valhi, Inc. engages in the chemicals, component products, waste management, and real estate businesses worldwide. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
VHI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Valhi Inc. To summarize, we found that Valhi Inc ranked in the 8st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 95%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Valhi Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 40% of its capital from equity, and 60% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of merely 11.5% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.5 years, is -0.28% -- higher than only 6.3% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Valhi Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than just 6.26% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|