Valhi, Inc. (VHI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VHI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where VHI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.63% of US stocks.
- VHI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- VHI ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 64th percentile.
VHI Stock Summary
- VHI's went public 35.18 years ago, making it older than 92.53% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for VHI is currently 3.06, higher than just 9.86% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.37, Valhi Inc has a higher such ratio than only 5.93% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Valhi Inc are CMLS, ULH, UFAB, ACCO, and GSM.
- Visit VHI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.valhi.net.
VHI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, VHI's EV/EBIT ratio is 47.46% lower, now standing at 9.3.
- Over the past 243 months, VHI's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.5.
- VHI's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VHI.
VHI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VHI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.21||52-week high||$34.60|
|Prev. close||$22.89||52-week low||$9.89|
|Day high||$23.07||Avg. volume||23,555|
|50-day MA||$25.25||Dividend yield||1.3%|
|200-day MA||$20.72||Market Cap||599.67M|
Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Company Bio
Valhi, Inc. engages in the chemicals, component products, waste management, and real estate businesses worldwide. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
VHI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Valhi Inc. To summarize, we found that Valhi Inc ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for VHI, they are:
- 49% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 15.15% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Valhi Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 18.89% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Valhi Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 90.23% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VHI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VHI Latest Social Stream
View Full VHI Social Stream
Latest VHI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valhi Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VHI as an investment opportunity.
We at Insider Monkey have gone over 866 13F filings that hedge funds and prominent investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F filings show the funds’ and investors’ portfolio positions as of March 31st. In this article, we look at what those funds think of Valhi, Inc. (NYSE:VHI) based on that data. […]
Dallas, Texas, May 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Valhi, Inc. (NYSE: VHI) announced today that its board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend of eight cents ($0.08) per share on its common stock, payable on June 24, 2021 to stockholders of record at the close of business on June 7, 2021. Valhi also announced that at its annual stockholder meeting held on May 27, 2021, its stockholders: elected each of Thomas E. Barry, Loretta J. Feehan, Robert D. Graham, Terri L. Herrington, W. Hayden McIlroy and Mary A. Tidlund as a director for a one year term;adopted a resolution that approved, on a nonbinding advisory basis, the compensation of its named executive officers as disclosed in the proxy statement for the 2021 annual stockholder meeting; andapproved the Valhi, Inc. 2021 No...
Dallas, Texas, March 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Valhi, Inc. (NYSE: VHI) reported net income from continuing operations attributable to Valhi stockholders of $20.2 million, or $.71 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2020 compared to net income from continuing operations of $10.8 million, or $.38 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2019. For the full year of 2020, Valhi reported net income from continuing operations attributable to Valhi stockholders of $50.9 million, or $1.79 per diluted share compared to net income from continuing operations of $49.2 million, or $1.73 per diluted share for the full year of 2019. Net income from continuing operations attributable to Valhi stockholders increased in the fourth quarter of 2020 as compared to the fourth quarter of 2019 pri...
Dallas, Texas, March 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Valhi, Inc. (NYSE: VHI) announced today that its board of directors has declared a regular quarterly dividend of eight cents ($0.08) per share on its common stock, payable on March 30, 2021 to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 15, 2021. Valhi, Inc. is engaged in the titanium dioxide products, component products (security products and recreational marine components) and real estate management and development industries. * * * * * CONTACT: SOURCE: Valhi, Inc. CONTACT: Janet G. Keckeisen, Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Investor Relations, 972.233.1700
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We at Insider Monkey have plowed through 817 13F filings that hedge funds and well-known value investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F […]
VHI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|