Valhi, Inc. (VHI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VHI POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where VHI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.61% of US stocks.
- VHI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- VHI ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 66th percentile.
VHI Stock Summary
- VHI's went public 34.97 years ago, making it older than 92.68% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Valhi Inc is higher than just 11.53% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- VHI's price/sales ratio is 0.41; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 7.29% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VHI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TILE, CMLS, UFAB, ULH, and DXYN.
- VHI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Valhi Inc's official web site, go to www.valhi.net.
VHI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VHI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.08||52-week high||$34.60|
|Prev. close||$27.25||52-week low||$9.02|
|Day high||$28.81||Avg. volume||22,420|
|50-day MA||$23.92||Dividend yield||1.23%|
|200-day MA||$17.26||Market Cap||737.36M|
Valhi, Inc. (VHI) Company Bio
Valhi, Inc. engages in the chemicals, component products, waste management, and real estate businesses worldwide. The company was founded in 1932 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
VHI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Valhi Inc. To summarize, we found that Valhi Inc ranked in the 71th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Valhi Inc ended up being:
- 54% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 18.92% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Valhi Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 18.64% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Valhi Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 88.78% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VHI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VHI Latest Social Stream
View Full VHI Social Stream
Latest VHI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valhi Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VHI as an investment opportunity.
Dallas, Texas, May 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Valhi, Inc. (NYSE: VHI) reported net income attributable to Valhi stockholders of $14.8 million, or $.52 per share, in the first quarter of 2021 compared to net income of $24.4 million, or $.86 per share, in the first quarter of 2020. Net income attributable to Valhi stockholders decreased in the first quarter of 2021 as compared to the first quarter of 2020 primarily due to lower operating results from our Chemicals Segment and lower income from tax increment infrastructure reimbursement from our Real Estate Management and Development Segment in 2021. The Chemicals Segment’s net sales were $465.0 million in the first quarter of 2021 compared to $421.0 million in the first quarter of 2020. The Chemicals Segment’s net sales increased in the...
The most you can lose on any stock (assuming you don't use leverage) is 100% of your money. But if you pick the right...
East 72, an investment management firm, published its first quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A quarterly portfolio return of 9.1% was recorded by the fund for the Q1 of 2021. Over the year to March 31, 2021, East 72 returned 42.7% before expenses, despite an average net […]
NL currently garners no analyst coverage, which is one of the reasons that you've likely never heard of the company.
The latest 13F reporting period has come and gone, and Insider Monkey is again at the forefront when it comes to making use of this gold mine of data. We at Insider Monkey have plowed through 817 13F filings that hedge funds and well-known value investors are required to file by the SEC. The 13F […]
VHI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|