Virtu Financial, Inc. - (VIRT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VIRT POWR Grades
- VIRT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VIRT is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- VIRT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 25.9% of US stocks).
VIRT Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for VIRTU FINANCIAL INC is higher than it is for about 93.78% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 7.97 for VIRTU FINANCIAL INC; that's greater than it is for 86.61% of US stocks.
- VIRTU FINANCIAL INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 25.73%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.98% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VIRT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AHCO, ERO, DK, SPH, and TROX.
- VIRT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VIRTU FINANCIAL INC's official web site, go to www.virtu.com.
VIRT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, VIRT's price/earnings ratio is 5.17% lower, now standing at 11.
- VIRT's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.7 over the prior 93 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VIRT.
VIRT Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 44.45%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 18.08%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 2.17%.
The table below shows VIRT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VIRT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VIRT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.25% of graded US stocks.
- VIRT's asset turnover comes in at 0.285 -- ranking 73rd of 444 Trading stocks.
- GLAD, STOR, and APTS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VIRT.
The table below shows VIRT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VIRT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VIRT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.90||52-week high||$38.63|
|Prev. close||$21.92||52-week low||$20.42|
|Day high||$22.04||Avg. volume||1,202,892|
|50-day MA||$22.02||Dividend yield||4.38%|
|200-day MA||$26.35||Market Cap||3.70B|
Virtu Financial, Inc. - (VIRT) Company Bio
Virtu Financial, Inc. engages in the provision of market making and liquidity services. It operates through the following segments: Market Making, Execution Services and Corporate. The Market Making segment engages in buying and selling of securities and other financial instruments. The Execution Services segment agency offers trading venues that provide transparent trading in global equities, ETFs, and fixed income to institutions, banks and broker dealers. The Corporate segment consists of investments in strategic financial services-oriented opportunities and maintains corporate overhead expenses and all other income and expenses that are not attributable to the other segments. The company was founded by Vincent J. Viola and Douglas Cifu in 2008 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
Most Popular Stories View All
VIRT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VIRT Latest Social Stream
View Full VIRT Social Stream
Latest VIRT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VIRTU FINANCIAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VIRT as an investment opportunity.
One of the biggest electronic trading firms is suing the Securities and Exchange Commission over the agency’s planned overhaul of the plumbing of the U.S. stock market—even though the SEC hasn’t released the actual overhaul yet. Virtu Financial on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against the SEC to enforce a months-old Freedom of Information Act request seeking information on whom the agency is consulting about the planned regulatory changes. In its suit, Virtu said it had not received "a single responsi
(Bloomberg) -- Virtu Financial Inc. sued the US Securities and Exchange Commission to get more information about the agency’s plan to write new equity-trading rules.Most Read from BloombergScientists Revive 48,500-Year-Old ‘Zombie Virus’ Buried in IceBanks Stuck With $42 Billion Debt Seize Chance to Offload ItThese Are the Best and Worst Cities for Expats to Live and Work InApple to Lose 6 Million iPhone Pros From Tumult at China PlantThis Is Where Luxury Property Prices May Rise and Fall the Mo
(Reuters) -Virtu Financial Inc took the extraordinary step of suing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, alleging on Tuesday its primary regulator had not responded to a public records request. Virtu, a market maker with a large equities business, said it submitted a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request in June to determine if the SEC had met legal requirements to evaluate potential investor harm and market risks while considering new rules for the handling and execution of retail stock orders. Any changes could impact Virtu's business.
Virtu Financial Inc on Tuesday said it has sued the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, alleging the regulator failed to respond to the market maker's public records request. Virtu said it submitted a request through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in June to determine if the SEC had met legal requirements to evaluate potential investor harm and market risks while weighing new rules for retail stock order handling and execution. The SEC did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Market maker Virtu Financial Inc. said Tuesday it has launched a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against its own regulator, the Securities and Exchange Commission, over the latter's failure to provide information about its rulemaking process and interactions of the chair with interested parties. Virtu said the suit was filed in the U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York and that it's being represented by Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP. Virtu said it subm
VIRT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|