Valero Energy Corp. (VLO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLO POWR Grades
- VLO scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 85.74% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VLO is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- VLO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 25.1% of US stocks).
VLO Stock Summary
- Valero Energy Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.42% of US listed stocks.
- For VLO, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.14% of US equities we're observing.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.35, Valero Energy Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 6.75% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ZIM, SBS, IEP, IHG, and APA.
- VLO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Valero Energy Corp's official web site, go to www.valero.com.
VLO Valuation Summary
- VLO's price/earnings ratio is -19.4; this is 196.52% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VLO's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- Over the past 243 months, VLO's price/earnings ratio has gone down 23.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLO.
VLO Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 19.19%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -41.69%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 48.78%.
The table below shows VLO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.66% of graded US stocks.
- VLO's asset turnover comes in at 1.757 -- ranking 4th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HFC, PBF, and PSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLO.
The table below shows VLO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$131.81||52-week high||$133.08|
|Prev. close||$128.12||52-week low||$58.85|
|Day high||$133.08||Avg. volume||4,676,021|
|50-day MA||$111.05||Dividend yield||2.97%|
|200-day MA||$84.79||Market Cap||53.79B|
Valero Energy Corp. (VLO) Company Bio
Valero Energy operates as an independent petroleum refining and marketing company in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. It operates through two segments, Refining and Ethanol. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in San Antonio, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLO Latest Social Stream
View Full VLO Social Stream
Latest VLO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valero Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLO as an investment opportunity.
Chevron Corporation (CVX) and Bunge Limited (BG) enter into a joint venture to produce renewable fuel.
In this article, we discuss 10 oil stocks to buy amid the Ukraine crisis. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Oil Stocks To Buy Amid Ukraine Crisis. Oil prices have surged tremendously owing to the Ukraine-Russia tensions, since supply disruption worldwide is on the horizon. Brent […]
Investing in certain stocks can pay off in the long run, especially if you hold on for a decade or more.
Safe stocks tend to perform well no matter what the broader market does.
Zacks.com featured highlights include Valero Energy, STMicroelectronics, Western Midstream Partners, Chevron and Atmos Energy
Valero Energy, STMicroelectronics, Western Midstream Partners, Chevron and Atmos Energy are included in this blog.
VLO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|