Valero Energy Corp. (VLO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where VLO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 70.14% of US stocks.
- VLO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 47 weeks.
- VLO's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 21.19% of US stocks).
VLO Stock Summary
- Valero Energy Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.65% of US equities in our set.
- For VLO, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 95.27% of US equities we're observing.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.33, Valero Energy Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 5.05% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Valero Energy Corp are SBS, MT, NATH, ELP, and CACC.
- Visit VLO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.valero.com.
VLO Valuation Summary
- VLO's price/earnings ratio is -19.4; this is 196.52% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VLO's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
- Over the past 243 months, VLO's price/earnings ratio has gone down 23.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLO.
VLO Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 7.62%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -59.9%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -71.42%.
The table below shows VLO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 52.32% of graded US stocks.
- VLO's asset turnover comes in at 1.524 -- ranking 5th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HFC, PBF, and PSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLO.
The table below shows VLO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$66.11||52-week high||$84.95|
|Prev. close||$66.51||52-week low||$35.44|
|Day high||$66.66||Avg. volume||3,950,774|
|50-day MA||$65.65||Dividend yield||5.89%|
|200-day MA||$69.31||Market Cap||27.03B|
Valero Energy Corp. (VLO) Company Bio
Valero Energy operates as an independent petroleum refining and marketing company in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. It operates through two segments, Refining and Ethanol. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in San Antonio, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLO Latest Social Stream
View Full VLO Social Stream
Latest VLO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valero Energy Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLO as an investment opportunity.
Just as the Gulf Coast begins to recover from the destruction caused by Hurricane Ida, tropical storm Nicholas has now made landfall and is pushing oil prices higher on fears of more outages
Apart from ExxonMobil (XOM) and Chevron (CVX) there was news from The Williams Companies (WMB), Enbridge (ENB) and Suncor Energy (SU) during the week.
(Reporting by Susan Heavey and Timothy Gardner; Editing by Edmund Blair and David Evans)
Shell (RDS.A) is considering imposing a vaccine mandate for specific operations, which would include offshore operations, mainly in the Gulf of Mexico.
Valero Energy (NYSE: VLO ) has observed the following analyst ratings within the last quarter:
VLO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|