Valero Energy Corp. (VLO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLO POWR Grades
- VLO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.22% of US stocks.
- VLO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- VLO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
VLO Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $51,293,872,138, VALERO ENERGY CORP has a greater market value than 95.45% of US stocks.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for VLO is 7.78 -- better than 95.45% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, VLO has reported earnings growth of -34,100%, putting it ahead of just 0.04% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are FATH, USIO, CWAN, SRTS, and ESTE.
- VLO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VALERO ENERGY CORP's official web site, go to www.valero.com.
VLO Valuation Summary
- VLO's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 83.33% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VLO's price/earnings ratio has gone down 65.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLO.
VLO Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 0.26%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 29.92%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 74.31%.
The table below shows VLO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.66% of graded US stocks.
- VLO's asset turnover comes in at 1.757 -- ranking 4th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HFC, PBF, and PSX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLO.
The table below shows VLO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$131.73||52-week high||$150.39|
|Prev. close||$133.05||52-week low||$79.65|
|Day high||$135.78||Avg. volume||3,746,078|
|50-day MA||$130.14||Dividend yield||2.98%|
|200-day MA||$120.84||Market Cap||50.78B|
Valero Energy Corp. (VLO) Company Bio
Valero Energy operates as an independent petroleum refining and marketing company in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and Ireland. It operates through two segments, Refining and Ethanol. The company was founded in 1955 and is based in San Antonio, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLO Latest Social Stream
View Full VLO Social Stream
Latest VLO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALERO ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLO as an investment opportunity.
Trillions of investor dollars are flowing to businesses that, according to themselves and other sources, are following the best so-called environmental, social and corporate-governance practices. The result is that it can be hard for investors to make sense of it all. “There is just so much confusion in the marketplace right now” about ESG, says Vishal Hindocha, the London-based head of sustainability at MFS Investment Management.
Valero Energy Corporation ( NYSE:VLO ) has announced that it will be increasing its periodic dividend on the 16th of...
Old Dominion Freight Line, which handles freight shipping logistics, said it will raise its quarterly dividend by 33% to 40 cents from 30 cents.
RPC (RES) expects continued drilling and completion activities as it begins the first quarter of 2023. This will translate into higher demand for its oilfield services and secure incremental cash flows.
In line with Eni's (E) decarbonization strategy, the project includes the development of a carbon capture and storage facility at Mellitah.
VLO Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|