Valley National Bancorp (VLY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLY POWR Grades
- VLY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 83.6% of US stocks.
- VLY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- VLY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 8th percentile.
VLY Stock Summary
- VLY's went public 32.9 years ago, making it older than 89.27% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- VLY's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 88.21% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, VLY is more volatile than only 7.89% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP, a group of peers worth examining would be FFBC, HWC, BY, BANC, and HOPE.
- VLY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP's official web site, go to www.valley.com.
VLY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, VLY's price/sales ratio is 200% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- VLY's price/earnings ratio has moved down 2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLY.
VLY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 30.74%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 31.51%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -37.52%.
The table below shows VLY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.17% of graded US stocks.
- VLY's asset turnover comes in at 0.031 -- ranking 356th of 428 Banking stocks.
- EVBN, SMMF, and WAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLY.
The table below shows VLY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.52||52-week high||$14.59|
|Prev. close||$12.41||52-week low||$10.01|
|Day high||$12.58||Avg. volume||2,834,672|
|50-day MA||$11.57||Dividend yield||3.55%|
|200-day MA||$11.63||Market Cap||6.34B|
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Company Bio
Valley National Bank provides commercial, retail, insurance, and wealth management financial services products to customers in New York, New Jersey, and Florida. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Wayne, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLY Latest Social Stream
View Full VLY Social Stream
Latest VLY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLY as an investment opportunity.
Valley National (VLY) records a rise in revenues in the fourth quarter of 2022.
Valley National Bancorp ( NASDAQ:VLY ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$1.79b (up 36% from FY...
Valley National (VLY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -2.78% and 2.07%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Valley National Bancorp Reports Fourth Quarter Earnings, Increased Net Interest Income and 15 Percent Annualized Loan Growth
NEW YORK, Jan. 26, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Valley National Bancorp (NASDAQ:VLY), the holding company for Valley National Bank, today reported net income for the fourth quarter 2022 of $177.6 million, or $0.34 per diluted common share, as compared to the fourth quarter 2021 net income of $115.0 million, or $0.27 per diluted common share, and net income of $178.1 million, or $0.34 per diluted common share, for the third quarter 2022. Excluding all non-core charges, our adjusted net income (a non-
Mid Penn Bancorp (MPB) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 4.21% and 0.14%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
VLY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLYWant to do more research on Valley National Bancorp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch