Valley National Bancorp (VLY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLY POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where VLY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.69% of US stocks.
- VLY's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- VLY ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 25th percentile.
VLY Stock Summary
- VLY's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 934.27 -- higher than 97.3% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP's stock had its IPO on March 23, 1990, making it an older stock than 88.92% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 8.62 for VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP; that's greater than it is for 88.23% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP, a group of peers worth examining would be NBTB, FLIC, FFBC, WBS, and PPBI.
- VLY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP's official web site, go to www.valley.com.
VLY Valuation Summary
- VLY's price/earnings ratio is 13; this is 25% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- VLY's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLY.
VLY Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 45.47%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 75.55%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 13.73%.
The table below shows VLY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.17% of graded US stocks.
- VLY's asset turnover comes in at 0.031 -- ranking 356th of 428 Banking stocks.
- EVBN, SMMF, and WAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLY.
The table below shows VLY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.82||52-week high||$15.10|
|Prev. close||$10.90||52-week low||$10.01|
|Day high||$11.04||Avg. volume||2,433,476|
|50-day MA||$11.80||Dividend yield||4.04%|
|200-day MA||$12.51||Market Cap||5.48B|
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Company Bio
Valley National Bank provides commercial, retail, insurance, and wealth management financial services products to customers in New York, New Jersey, and Florida. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Wayne, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLY Latest Social Stream
View Full VLY Social Stream
Latest VLY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLY as an investment opportunity.
Valley National (VLY) appears to have found support after losing some value lately, as indicated by the formation of a hammer chart. In addition to this technical chart pattern, strong agreement among Wall Street analysts in revising earnings estimates higher enhances the stock's potential for a turnaround in the near term.
With the Fed expected to announce another 75-bps hike in interest rates, it's time for investors to consider banks - Wells Fargo (WFC), East West Bancorp (EWBC), Zions (ZION), BOK Financial (BOKF) and Valley National (VLY) - on solid fundamentals.
Proceeds To Be Used to Finance Eligible Social and Green AssetsNEW YORK, Sept. 15, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Valley National Bancorp (NASDAQ:VLY) (“Valley”) announced today that it priced $150 million of its 6.25% Fixed-to-Floating Rate Notes due 2032 (the “Notes”). Interest on the Notes will accrue at a rate equal to (i) 6.25% per annum from the original issue date to, but excluding, September 30, 2027, payable semiannually in arrears, and (ii) a floating rate per annum equal to a benchmark rate
New Jersey-based Valley Bank is making its next move in the Tampa Bay market following years of strategic expansion and millions of dollars of investments in Florida. The choice of longtime local banker Mike McCoy to lead the expansion into Manatee County is part of the out-of-state bank’s strategy of selecting executives with local knowledge and history who strengthen its foothold in key markets while eliminating friction as the bank grows in Florida. McCoy, whose banking career includes 13 years as president of Community Bank of Manatee and more than a decade at Bank of America, described the opportunity as “just too good to pass up.”
The board of Valley National Bancorp ( NASDAQ:VLY ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of $0.11 per share on the...
VLY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLYWant to do more research on Valley National Bancorp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch