Valley National Bancorp (VLY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLY POWR Grades
- VLY scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 73.96% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VLY is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- VLY's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 26.83% of US stocks).
VLY Stock Summary
- Valley National Bancorp's stock had its IPO on March 23, 1990, making it an older stock than 88.08% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 9 for Valley National Bancorp; that's greater than it is for 88.64% of US stocks.
- Valley National Bancorp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 33.71%, greater than the shareholder yield of 92.67% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EBSB, ONB, WAFD, CNOB, and ICBK.
- Visit VLY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.valley.com.
VLY Valuation Summary
- VLY's price/sales ratio is 4.3; this is 30.3% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- VLY's price/sales ratio has moved down 2.4 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, VLY's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLY.
VLY Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 61.8%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 49.92%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 110.92%.
The table below shows VLY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.07||52-week high||$14.74|
|Prev. close||$12.78||52-week low||$6.50|
|Day high||$13.18||Avg. volume||2,354,536|
|50-day MA||$13.58||Dividend yield||3.44%|
|200-day MA||$11.83||Market Cap||5.30B|
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Company Bio
Valley National Bank provides commercial, retail, insurance, and wealth management financial services products to customers in New York, New Jersey, and Florida. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Wayne, New Jersey.
VLY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLY Latest Social Stream
View Full VLY Social Stream
Latest VLY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valley National Bancorp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLY as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by Valley National Bancorp in conjunction with their 2021 Q2 earnings call....
Presenting on behalf of Valley today are President and CEO, Ira Robbins, Chief Financial Officer, Mike Hagedorn and Chief Banking Officer, Tom Iadanza. Before we begin, I would like to make everyone aware that our quarterly earnings release and supporting documents can be found on our company website at valley.com.
Valley National (VLY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0.00% and 1.86%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Valley National Bancorp Reports a 26 Percent Increase in Second Quarter Net Income and Strong Net Interest Margin and Non-PPP Loan Growth
NEW YORK, July 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Valley National Bancorp (NASDAQ:VLY), the holding company for Valley National Bank, today reported net income for the second quarter 2021 of $120.5 million, or $0.29 per diluted common share, as compared to the second quarter 2020 earnings of $95.6 million, or $0.23 per diluted common share, and net income of $115.7 million, or $0.28 per diluted common share, for the first quarter 2021. Excluding all non-core charges, our adjusted net income (a non-GAA
Valley National (VLY) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
VLY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLYWant to do more research on Valley National Bancorp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch