Valley National Bancorp (VLY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLY POWR Grades
- VLY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 89.62% of US stocks.
- VLY's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- VLY ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
VLY Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -35.95%, Valley National Bancorp's debt growth rate surpasses only 11.15% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Valley National Bancorp's share price is greater than that of only 9.54% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Valley National Bancorp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 27.01%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.91% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Valley National Bancorp are UMBF, CVBF, PNFP, HOPE, and HOMB.
- Visit VLY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.valley.com.
VLY Valuation Summary
- VLY's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.8; this is 25.58% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VLY's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 6.
- Over the past 243 months, VLY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 6.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLY.
VLY Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 84.44%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 162.66%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 110.92%.
The table below shows VLY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.17% of graded US stocks.
- VLY's asset turnover comes in at 0.031 -- ranking 356th of 428 Banking stocks.
- EVBN, SMMF, and WAL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLY.
The table below shows VLY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.22||52-week high||$15.10|
|Prev. close||$12.16||52-week low||$11.40|
|Day high||$12.32||Avg. volume||2,521,638|
|50-day MA||$12.50||Dividend yield||3.59%|
|200-day MA||$13.39||Market Cap||6.19B|
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Company Bio
Valley National Bank provides commercial, retail, insurance, and wealth management financial services products to customers in New York, New Jersey, and Florida. The company was founded in 1927 and is based in Wayne, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLY Latest Social Stream
View Full VLY Social Stream
Latest VLY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Valley National Bancorp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLY as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by Valley National Bancorp in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
Analyst Estimates: Here's What Brokers Think Of Valley National Bancorp (NASDAQ:VLY) After Its Full-Year Report
Last week, you might have seen that Valley National Bancorp ( NASDAQ:VLY ) released its yearly result to the market...
Lower fee income and rise in expenses hurt Valley National's (VLY) Q4 earnings. On the other hand, a decline in provisions, higher loan balance and increase in net interest income act as tailwinds.
No summary available.
Valley National (VLY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -6.67% and 2.10%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
VLY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLYWant to do more research on Valley National Bancorp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Valley National Bancorp (VLY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch