VMware Inc. (VMW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMW POWR Grades
- VMW scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 96.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VMW is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- VMW's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 11.62% of US stocks).
VMW Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $58,579,205,669, Vmware Inc has a greater market value than 95.43% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -18.75%, Vmware Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 26.03% of about US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, VMW is more volatile than merely 10.05% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vmware Inc are ILMN, ADSK, ANSS, DXCM, and ROKU.
- VMW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vmware Inc's official web site, go to www.vmware.com.
VMW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VMW's price/sales ratio is 6.42% lower, now standing at 5.1.
- VMW's price/sales ratio has moved down 17.1 over the prior 171 months.
- VMW's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 113.2 over the prior 171 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMW.
VMW Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 105.22%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 185.45%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 117.58%.
The table below shows VMW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.12% of graded US stocks.
- VMW's asset turnover comes in at 0.425 -- ranking 358th of 553 Business Services stocks.
- PALT, PHUN, and MSCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMW.
The table below shows VMW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$138.92||52-week high||$172.00|
|Prev. close||$139.67||52-week low||$126.79|
|Day high||$139.64||Avg. volume||1,231,147|
|50-day MA||$151.93||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$150.89||Market Cap||58.17B|
VMware Inc. (VMW) Company Bio
VMware, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Its products include Software-Defined Data Center, Hybrid Cloud Computing, and End-User Computing. It supports modernizing data centers, integrating public clouds, empowering digital workspaces and transforming security. The company was founded by Diane Greene, Mendel Rosenblum, Scott Devine, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion in 1998 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
VMW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMW Latest Social Stream
View Full VMW Social Stream
Latest VMW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vmware Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMW as an investment opportunity.
Virtual Machines (VM) Market Emerging Trends & Future Outlook Research Report | VMware, Inspur, IBM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Oracle, Huawei
A recently introduced Global Virtual Machines (VM) Market report includes factors such as size, growth, share, industry trends and project its growth by 2026. This comprehensive study aims to provide an overview of with in-depth market breakdown by product type, application, end-user, and region and collect useful data for this extensive, commercial study of the 
By Nicola Acutt, Vice President, Environmental, Social and Governance, VMware
The new CEO of network startup Arrcus explains why he left a billion-dollar VMware unit to take the gig, as it raises $30 million from VCs including Softbank
Arrcus CEO Shekar Ayyar Shekar Ayyar Network startup Arrcus
Liqid Helps Customers Create and Scale VMware Host Servers in Seconds, with Composable Infrastructure
BROOMFIELD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- #ArtificialIntelligence--Liqid Matrix Software Accelerates VMware Host Deployment and Scaling, While Improving the Speed and Economics of On-prem Virtualized Environments.
User Virtualization Software Market size, development, key opportunity, application and forecast to 2027 | Ivanti, Citrix, AppSense, Microsoft, Vmware
User Virtualization Software Market Scenario 2020-2027: The Global User Virtualization Software market exhibits comprehensive information that is a valuable source of insightful data for business strategists during the decade 2014-2027. On the basis of historical data, User Virtualization Software market report provides key segments and their sub-segments, revenue and demand & supply data. Considering technological 
VMW Price Returns