Vmware, Inc. Common stock, Class A (VMW): Price and Financial Metrics
VMW Stock Summary
- VMW has a higher market value than 96.64% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $61,338,939,882.
- VMW's current price/earnings ratio is 9.36, which is higher than only 12.14% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for VMW comes in at 19.64% -- higher than that of 89.5% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VMW, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are INTU, ISRG, EW, ATVI, and BIIB.
- Visit VMW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vmware.com.
VMW Stock Price Chart More Charts
VMW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$144.31||52-week high||$206.80|
|Prev. close||$147.04||52-week low||$128.69|
|Day high||$150.27||Avg. volume||1,072,080|
|50-day MA||$152.66||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$160.54||Market Cap||59.15B|
Vmware, Inc. Common stock, Class A (VMW) Company Bio
VMware is a provider of virtualization infrastructure solutions. The Company develops and markets its product and service offerings within three product groups, which include software-defined data center, hybrid cloud computing and end-user computing. The company was founded in 1998 and is based in Palo Alto, California.
VMW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for VMW, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Vmware Inc ranked in the 42st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 34%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Vmware Inc ended up being:
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 8% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 21.47% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- VMW's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 48.88% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Vmware Inc experienced a tax rate of about 169% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Technology), this tax rate is higher than 96.26% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|