VMware Inc. (VMW): Price and Financial Metrics
VMW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$135.38||52-week high||$138.00|
|Prev. close||$133.15||52-week low||$103.55|
|Day high||$136.07||Avg. volume||1,308,694|
|50-day MA||$126.54||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$119.34||Market Cap||58.01B|
VMW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMW POWR Grades
- VMW scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.78% of US stocks.
- VMW's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- VMW's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 38.9% of US stocks).
VMW Stock Summary
- VMW has a higher market value than 95.93% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $53,153,363,041.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 55.48 for VMWARE INC; that's greater than it is for 99.29% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, VMW is more volatile than merely 2.77% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to VMWARE INC are DOOO, KALA, VNRX, ADSK, and PANW.
- Visit VMW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vmware.com.
VMW Valuation Summary
- VMW's price/sales ratio is 4; this is 53.85% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 192 months, VMW's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 107.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMW.
VMW Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -17.53%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 12.32%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -37.45%.
The table below shows VMW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.46% of graded US stocks.
- VMW's asset turnover comes in at 0.429 -- ranking 356th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- RMR, PALT, and DFIN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMW.
The table below shows VMW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMW Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of VMW, see our VMW price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$173.09||Average Broker Recommendation||1.63 (Moderate Buy)|
VMware Inc. (VMW) Company Bio
VMware, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Its products include Software-Defined Data Center, Hybrid Cloud Computing, and End-User Computing. It supports modernizing data centers, integrating public clouds, empowering digital workspaces and transforming security. The company was founded by Diane Greene, Mendel Rosenblum, Scott Devine, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion in 1998 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
VMW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMW Latest Social Stream
View Full VMW Social Stream
Latest VMW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VMWARE INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMW as an investment opportunity.
Is It Too Late to Buy Broadcom Stock?
Broadcom's (NASDAQ: AVGO) stock has surged 45% since the beginning of the year. The diversified chip and infrastructure software company impressed the market with its stable growth, a new multiyear deal with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), and the potential benefits from its planned takeover of cloud software giant VMware (NYSE: VMW). Let's review Broadcom's business model, growth rates, and valuations to decide.
VMware (VMW) Q1 Earnings Beat Estimates, Revenues Rise Y/Y
VMware's (VMW) first-quarter fiscal 2024 results reflect top-line growth, driven by strength in demand for the company's multi-cloud offerings.
VMware reports first quarter revenue miss despite subscription service strength
Investing.com -- VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) posted lower-than-anticipated revenue in the first quarter, as the cloud computing group saw strength at its subscription and software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings partially offset by a drop in licensing demand.
VMware (VMW) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Miss Estimates
VMware (VMW) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -5.10% and 0.96%, respectively, for the quarter ended April 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
VMware Reports Fiscal Year 2024 First Quarter Results
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 01, 2023--VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) announces financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2024.
VMW Price Returns
Continue Researching VMWWant to see what other sources are saying about Vmware Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Vmware Inc (VMW) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Vmware Inc (VMW) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Vmware Inc (VMW) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...