VMware Inc. (VMW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMW POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where VMW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.22% of US stocks.
- VMW's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- VMW ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 24th percentile.
VMW Stock Summary
- VMW has a market capitalization of $67,970,244,020 -- more than approximately 96.37% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, VMW has reported earnings growth of 57.39%, putting it ahead of 78.43% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of Vmware Inc's share price is greater than that of just 3.92% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vmware Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BIDU, NTES, ATVI, VRTX, and ILMN.
- VMW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vmware Inc's official web site, go to www.vmware.com.
VMW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$164.30||52-week high||$172.00|
|Prev. close||$162.13||52-week low||$126.79|
|Day high||$164.97||Avg. volume||1,363,064|
|50-day MA||$155.29||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$145.32||Market Cap||68.88B|
VMware Inc. (VMW) Company Bio
VMware, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Its products include Software-Defined Data Center, Hybrid Cloud Computing, and End-User Computing. It supports modernizing data centers, integrating public clouds, empowering digital workspaces and transforming security. The company was founded by Diane Greene, Mendel Rosenblum, Scott Devine, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion in 1998 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
VMW Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Vmware Inc. To summarize, we found that Vmware Inc ranked in the 53th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 10.5%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for VMW, they are:
- As a business, VMW is generating more cash flow than 92.61% of positive cash flow stocks in the Technology.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 8% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 24.95% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- VMW's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 37.71% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VMW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMW Latest Social Stream
View Full VMW Social Stream
Latest VMW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vmware Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMW as an investment opportunity.
VMWare (VMW) plans to release its first-quarter fiscal 2022 earnings results on May 27. In the meantime, it has provided a peek into what investors can expect from the results, and has also announced a new chief executive pick. The stock fell 2.86% on Wednesday to close at $156.48. The business software company expects to report revenue of $2.99 billion, which would mark an increase of 9.5% year-over-year. That would also beat Wall Street's expectations of $2.91 billion. The company estimates its subscription, SaaS, and licensing sales grew 12.5% to $1.39 billion. VMWare expects to report adjusted EPS of $1.76, which would be higher than EPS of $1.
VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW) today announced that global market research firm Forrester has named VMware a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Security Software As A Service, Q2 20211.
VMware Inc. named a new chief executive Wednesday while also delivering better-than-expected preliminary results for its fiscal first quarter.
When you buy a stock there is always a possibility that it could drop 100%. But on a lighter note, a good company can...
VMware Inc on Wednesday named its co-chief operating officer Raghu Raghuram as its new chief executive, prompting Sanjay Poonen, the business software company's other co-COO, who was vying for the top job, to depart. Raghuram is tasked with guiding VMware as a company free from majority owner Dell Technologies Inc, which last month said it would spin off its 81% stake in the cloud computing giant in exchange for a special cash dividend of $9.7 billion. Raghuram's predecessor, Pat Gelsinger, was named Intel Corp's chief executive in February.
VMW Price Returns