VMware Inc. (VMW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VMW POWR Grades
- VMW scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 93.34% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VMW is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 160 days.
- VMW ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
VMW Stock Summary
- VMW has a higher market value than 94.88% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $52,423,788,738.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 96.18%, Vmware Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 90.35% of about US stocks.
- Vmware Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -8.22%, greater than the shareholder yield of 26.23% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Vmware Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ADSK, SNPS, EA, FTNT, and CDNS.
- VMW's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vmware Inc's official web site, go to www.vmware.com.
VMW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, VMW's price/sales ratio is 6.42% lower, now standing at 5.1.
- VMW's price/sales ratio has moved down 17.1 over the prior 171 months.
- VMW's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 113.2 over the prior 171 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VMW.
VMW Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 174.1%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -16.27%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -5.92%.
The table below shows VMW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VMW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VMW has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 96.46% of graded US stocks.
- VMW's asset turnover comes in at 0.429 -- ranking 356th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- RMR, PALT, and DFIN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VMW.
The table below shows VMW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VMW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VMW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$125.97||52-week high||$172.00|
|Prev. close||$124.71||52-week low||$108.80|
|Day high||$128.54||Avg. volume||1,944,849|
|50-day MA||$119.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$146.06||Market Cap||52.75B|
VMware Inc. (VMW) Company Bio
VMware, Inc. engages in the provision of cloud infrastructure and business mobility. Its products include Software-Defined Data Center, Hybrid Cloud Computing, and End-User Computing. It supports modernizing data centers, integrating public clouds, empowering digital workspaces and transforming security. The company was founded by Diane Greene, Mendel Rosenblum, Scott Devine, Edward Wang and Edouard Bugnion in 1998 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
VMW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VMW Latest Social Stream
View Full VMW Social Stream
Latest VMW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vmware Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VMW as an investment opportunity.
Investment company HNP Capital LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Industrial Select Sector SPDR, iShares TIPS Bond ETF, ISHARES TRUST, BTC iShares Floating Rate Bond ETF, Vanguard Short-Term Government Bond ETF, sells SPDR Portfolio S&P 500 Growth ETF, Blackrock Income Trust Inc, Dow Inc, SPDR Gold Shares ETF, iShares iBoxx USD High Yield Corporate Bond ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, HNP Capital LLC.
Investment company Chiron Capital Management, Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Kellogg Co, Activision Blizzard Inc, Fidelity National Information Services Inc, ViacomCBS Inc, Polaris Inc, sells AT&T Inc, VMware Inc, Exxon Mobil Corp, Citrix Systems Inc, Merck Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Chiron Capital Management, Llc.
Investment company Ritholtz Wealth Management (Current Portfolio) buys Apple Inc, Prologis Inc, Microsoft Corp, ISHARES TRUST, Sherwin-Williams Co, sells iShares iBonds Dec 2021 Term Corporate ETF, Vedanta, iShares iBonds Dec 2023 Term Corporate ETF, PIMCO 15+ Year U.S.
Westport, CT, based Investment company Gilman Hill Asset Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Star Bulk Carriers Corp, The Western Union Co, JetBlue Airways Corp, Clearway Energy Inc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co, sells VMware Inc, Sunrun Inc, The Interpublic Group of Inc, Activision Blizzard Inc, ISHARES TRUST during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Gilman Hill Asset Management, LLC.
Investment company IFM Investors Pty Ltd (Current Portfolio) buys Pfizer Inc, Salesforce.com Inc, PepsiCo Inc, Texas Instruments Inc, Charles Schwab Corp, sells , Autoliv Inc, Apollo Global Management Inc, Lamb Weston Holdings Inc, during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, IFM Investors Pty Ltd.
VMW Price Returns