Western Alliance Bancorporation (DE) (WAL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WAL POWR Grades
- WAL scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 80.45% of US stocks.
- WAL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- WAL's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 12.03% of US stocks).
WAL Stock Summary
- WAL's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 95.23% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 236.95%, WESTERN ALLIANCE BANCORPORATION's debt growth rate surpasses 93.88% of about US stocks.
- WESTERN ALLIANCE BANCORPORATION's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -84.2%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 6.6% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to WESTERN ALLIANCE BANCORPORATION, a group of peers worth examining would be MCBS, SNV, OPHC, CFBK, and ISTR.
- WAL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WESTERN ALLIANCE BANCORPORATION's official web site, go to www.westernalliancebancorporation.com.
WAL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, WAL's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.31% lower, now standing at 10.4.
- Over the past 214 months, WAL's price/sales ratio has gone down 4.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WAL.
WAL Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 231.25%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 112.12%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 103.34%.
The table below shows WAL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WAL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WAL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 30.56% of graded US stocks.
- WAL's asset turnover comes in at 0.04 -- ranking 172nd of 428 Banking stocks.
- USB, FCCY, and SRCE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WAL.
The table below shows WAL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WAL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WAL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.11||52-week high||$102.97|
|Prev. close||$74.36||52-week low||$54.86|
|Day high||$74.11||Avg. volume||934,805|
|50-day MA||$63.76||Dividend yield||1.94%|
|200-day MA||$71.50||Market Cap||7.85B|
Western Alliance Bancorporation (DE) (WAL) Company Bio
Western Alliance Bancorp provides various banking products and related services primarily in Arizona, California, and Nevada. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Phoenix, Arizona.
Most Popular Stories View All
WAL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WAL Latest Social Stream
View Full WAL Social Stream
Latest WAL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WESTERN ALLIANCE BANCORPORATION that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WAL as an investment opportunity.
Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL)
Q4 2022 Earnings Conference Call
January 25, 2023, 12:00 PM ET
Miles Pondelik - Director of IR and Corporate Development
Ken Vecchione - President and CEO
Dale Gibbons - CFO
Tim Bruckner - Chief Credit Officer
Conference Call Participants
Casey Haire - Jefferies
Brad Milsaps - Piper Sandler
Steven Alexopoulos - JPMorgan
Ebrahim Poonawala - Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Brandon King - Truist
Andrew Terrell - Stephens Inc.
Chris McGratty - KBW
David Smith - Autonomous
Tim Braziler - Wells Fargo
Jon Arfstrom - RBC Capital Markets
The following slide deck was published by Western Alliance Bancorporation in conjunction with their 2022 Q4 earnings call....
PHOENIX, January 24, 2023--Western Alliance Bancorporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Financial Results
Western Alliance Bancorporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Release Date, Conference Call and Webcast
PHOENIX--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Western Alliance Bancorporation Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2022 Earnings Release Date, Conference Call and Webcast
A commercial banking company is launching its $2.2 million technology hub in Central Ohio, bringing 150 jobs to the region.
WAL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WALWant to do more research on Western Alliance Bancorporation's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch