Waters Corporation (WAT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WAT POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where WAT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.27% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WAT is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- WAT's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 34.68% of US stocks).
WAT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $20,237,763,344, Waters Corp has a greater market value than 88.09% of US stocks.
- Waters Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.2% of US listed stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 49.52 for Waters Corp; that's greater than it is for 99.08% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WAT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are COMM, VEON, BCO, BCRX, and JWN.
- Visit WAT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.waters.com.
WAT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WAT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$336.58||52-week high||$336.66|
|Prev. close||$333.77||52-week low||$171.38|
|Day high||$336.66||Avg. volume||372,799|
|50-day MA||$309.56||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$258.62||Market Cap||20.77B|
Waters Corporation (WAT) Company Bio
Waters Corporation designs, manufactures, distributes and services instrument systems, columns and other chemistry consumables that are integrated and used along with other analytical instruments. The Company has two segments: Waters Division and TA Division. The company was founded in 1958 and is based in Milford, Massachusetts
WAT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WAT, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Waters Corp ranked in the 27th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 66.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Waters Corp ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 72.25% of its sector Healthcare.
- WAT's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 40.31% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Waters Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 16.82. This coverage rate is greater than that of 79.4% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WAT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WAT Latest Social Stream
View Full WAT Social Stream
Latest WAT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Waters Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WAT as an investment opportunity.
Waters Sets New Standard in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry with SELECT SERIES Multi Reflecting Time-of-Flight Platform
Waters Sets New Standard in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry with the Introduction of the SELECT SERIES Multi Reflecting Time-of-Flight Platform
Waters (WAT) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Waters Introduces the SARS-CoV-2 LC-MS Kit (RUO) to Advance Clinical Research of Infectious Diseases
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) today introduced a new RUO LC-MS test method to advance critical infectious disease research. Waters™ SARS-CoV-2 LC-MS Kit (RUO) uses an orthogonal analytical method that directly detects and quantifies SARS-CoV-2 Nucleocapsid (NCAP) peptides that initial studies have shown to yield highly accurate, quantitative results.
Waters Corporation Celebrates the Life and Legacy of its Founder, Jim Waters
Waters' (WAT) first-quarter results reflect gains from strong momentum across Asia, the Americas and Europe, and robust performance in the pharmaceutical and industrial markets.
WAT Price Returns