WD-40 Company (WDFC): Price and Financial Metrics
WDFC Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 453.83, Wd 40 Co is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 91.95% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Wd 40 Co is higher than 91.19% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Wd 40 Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.74% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Wd 40 Co, a group of peers worth examining would be HLNE, LCII, PSMT, FHI, and LANC.
- WDFC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Wd 40 Co's official web site, go to www.wd40company.com.
WDFC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WDFC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$311.95||52-week high||$333.42|
|Prev. close||$313.31||52-week low||$151.16|
|Day high||$317.99||Avg. volume||103,926|
|50-day MA||$297.03||Dividend yield||0.86%|
|200-day MA||$232.53||Market Cap||4.27B|
WD-40 Company (WDFC) Company Bio
WD-40 Company offers multi-purpose maintenance products under the WD-40 brand for household, marine, automotive, construction, repair, sporting goods, gardening, and various industrial applications, and multi-purpose drip oil and spray lubricant, and other specialty maintenance products under the 3-IN-ONE brand for household, locksmithing, HVAC, marine, farming, construction, and jewelry manufacturing applications. The company was founded in 1953 and is based in San Diego, California.
WDFC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Wd 40 Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Wd 40 Co ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 81.83%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Wd 40 Co ended up being:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 35.77 -- which is good for besting 91.9% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 3% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than merely 12.43% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- WDFC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 49% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WDFC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WDFC Latest Social Stream
View Full WDFC Social Stream
Latest WDFC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Wd 40 Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WDFC as an investment opportunity.
When you buy a stock there is always a possibility that it could drop 100%. But when you pick a company that is really...
The two are often the same, but in the case of 3D engineering and design software company Autodesk (NASDAQ: ADSK), automation company Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK), and universal lubricant company WD-40 (NASDAQ: WDFC), a great company is matched with a not so great valuation. Let's take a look at WD-40's enterprise value (market cap plus net debt), or EV, to earnings before interest, taxation, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) multiple. There's no way around the fact that all three of the above-mentioned companies trade on hefty absolute valuations, and WD-40 has a particularly high rating compared to its historical performance.
Stock in the company that manufactures the ubiquitous blue and yellow can is certainly starting to look expensive.
Steel City Capital recently released its Q4 2020 Investor Letter, a copy of which you can download here. In 2020, the fund returned 10% net of fees, while the S&P 500 Index was up 16.3%. You should check out Steel City Capital’s top 5 stock picks for investors to buy right now, which could be […]
WD-40 shows improving price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 75 to 84.
WDFC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WDFCWant to see what other sources are saying about Wd 40 Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!