Werner Enterprises, Inc. (WERN): Price and Financial Metrics
WERN Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 29,704.51, Werner Enterprises Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 99.96% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -33.33%, Werner Enterprises Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 11.13% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Werner Enterprises Inc's share price is greater than that of merely 6.18% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WERN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WCC, WING, IQV, KDP, and MOH.
- WERN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Werner Enterprises Inc's official web site, go to www.werner.com.
WERN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WERN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$48.10||52-week high||$48.81|
|Prev. close||$48.27||52-week low||$35.15|
|Day high||$48.62||Avg. volume||598,121|
|50-day MA||$45.40||Dividend yield||0.75%|
|200-day MA||$43.10||Market Cap||3.27B|
Werner Enterprises, Inc. (WERN) Company Bio
Werner Enterprises engages in transporting truckload shipments of general commodities in interstate and intrastate commerce. The company operates in two segments, Truckload Transportation Services and Value Added Services. The company was founded in 1956 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
WERN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Werner Enterprises Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Werner Enterprises Inc ranked in the 97th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Werner Enterprises Inc, consider:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Werner Enterprises Inc over the past 5.57 years is 1.71%; that's higher than 96.67% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 6% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 19.67% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- WERN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 41.61% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WERN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WERN Latest Social Stream
View Full WERN Social Stream
Latest WERN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Werner Enterprises Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WERN as an investment opportunity.
OMAHA, Neb., April 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, is proud to announce its participation in the newly formed Hyliion Hypertruck Innovation Council with Hyliion Holdings Corp. to encourage industry collaboration and advance product innovation. Werner’s Senior Vice President of Van/Expedited Chad Dittberner will be a member of Hyliion’s Hypertruck Innovation Council. Founded in 2015, Hyliion’s goal is to provide electrified powertrain solutions for Class 8 commercial trucks. As a leader in the transportation industry, Werner will work with Hyliion to create more opportunities for sustainable growth in the industry, including collaborating on Hyliion’s existing and future commercial electrification solutions....
AB InBev, Werner Enterprises to test Embark driverless truck technology
Embark Co-Founder & CEO Alex Rodrigues joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the launch of Embark Universal.
Embark, a leading developer of autonomous technology for the trucking industry, launches its Partner Development Program with Werner Enterprises, Mesilla Valley Transportation, and Bison Transport. The program brings Embark and leading carriers together to work on autonomous trucking technology that will improve speed and reliability for customers, as well as safety and work-flexibility for professional truck drivers.
OMAHA, Neb., March 30, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Werner Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ: WERN), one of the nation’s largest transportation and logistics companies, will release its first quarter 2021 earnings on Wednesday, April 28, 2021, after the market close. The company will also hold a conference call to discuss the first quarter 2021 and updated 2021 outlook on the same day, beginning at 4:00 p.m. CT. The news release, live webcast of the earnings conference call, and accompanying slide presentation will be available at www.werner.com in the “Investors” section under “News and Events” and then “Webcasts & Presentations.” To participate in the conference call, please dial (844) 701-1165 (domestic) or (412) 317-5498 (international). Please mention to the operator that you are dialing in fo...
WERN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WERNWant to do more research on Werner Enterprises Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!