Werner Enterprises, Inc. (WERN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WERN POWR Grades
- WERN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 84.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WERN is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- WERN's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 29.83% of US stocks).
WERN Stock Summary
- WERN's went public 31.27 years ago, making it older than 84.21% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Werner Enterprises Inc is higher than it is for about just 15.74% of US stocks.
- The volatility of Werner Enterprises Inc's share price is greater than that of just 8.77% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Werner Enterprises Inc are FIZZ, JOUT, ETH, MRTN, and SNDR.
- WERN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Werner Enterprises Inc's official web site, go to www.werner.com.
WERN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, WERN's price/sales ratio is 27.78% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- Over the past 243 months, WERN's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WERN.
WERN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WERN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$44.31||52-week high||$49.76|
|Prev. close||$44.59||52-week low||$35.15|
|Day high||$44.86||Avg. volume||577,227|
|50-day MA||$46.69||Dividend yield||0.9%|
|200-day MA||$43.60||Market Cap||3.01B|
Werner Enterprises, Inc. (WERN) Company Bio
Werner Enterprises engages in transporting truckload shipments of general commodities in interstate and intrastate commerce. The company operates in two segments, Truckload Transportation Services and Value Added Services. The company was founded in 1956 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
WERN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for WERN, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Werner Enterprises Inc ranked in the 95th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Werner Enterprises Inc ended up being:
- In the past 5.76 years, Werner Enterprises Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 1.58%; that's higher than 96.57% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 5% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 17.86% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- WERN's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 47.21% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WERN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WERN Latest Social Stream
View Full WERN Social Stream
Latest WERN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Werner Enterprises Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WERN as an investment opportunity.
Werner Enterprises’ Carrier’s EDGE™ Selected as Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s 2021 Top Supply Chain Projects Award Recipient
Premier Transportation and Logistics Provider Recognized for its Innovative Carrier PlatformOMAHA, Neb., June 18, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Werner Enterprises (NASDAQ: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, announces that Carrier’s EDGE™, the company’s new carrier platform, was selected as a recipient of Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s Top Supply Chain Projects Award for 2021. Launched in 2021, Carrier’s EDGE is designed to offer increased visibility and streamline communicatio
WERN vs. JBHT: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
The board of Werner Enterprises, Inc. ( NASDAQ:WERN ) has announced that it will be increasing its dividend on the 20th...
Werner (WERN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
The following slide deck was published by Werner Enterprises, Inc. in conjunction with this event....
WERN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WERNWant to do more research on Werner Enterprises Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch