Werner Enterprises, Inc. (WERN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WERN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WERN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.2% of US stocks.
- WERN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- WERN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
WERN Stock Summary
- Werner Enterprises Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 83.95% of US equities in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 71.43%, Werner Enterprises Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 89.35% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Werner Enterprises Inc's share price is greater than that of only 8.01% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Werner Enterprises Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EBC, MCY, EHC, TIG, and MRTN.
- WERN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Werner Enterprises Inc's official web site, go to www.werner.com.
WERN Valuation Summary
- WERN's price/earnings ratio is 14.3; this is 46.34% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, WERN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 1.
- WERN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WERN.
WERN Growth Metrics
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 19.74%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 86.23%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 17.03%.
The table below shows WERN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WERN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WERN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 70.9% of graded US stocks.
- WERN's asset turnover comes in at 1.112 -- ranking 28th of 138 Transportation stocks.
- YELL, ULH, and SAIA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WERN.
The table below shows WERN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WERN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WERN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.04||52-week high||$49.76|
|Prev. close||$45.82||52-week low||$35.15|
|Day high||$46.14||Avg. volume||581,641|
|50-day MA||$46.02||Dividend yield||1.04%|
|200-day MA||$44.90||Market Cap||3.13B|
Werner Enterprises, Inc. (WERN) Company Bio
Werner Enterprises engages in transporting truckload shipments of general commodities in interstate and intrastate commerce. The company operates in two segments, Truckload Transportation Services and Value Added Services. The company was founded in 1956 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
WERN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WERN Latest Social Stream
View Full WERN Social Stream
Latest WERN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Werner Enterprises Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WERN as an investment opportunity.
Werner Enterprises Associates Named Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s 2021 Women in Supply Chain Winners
Transportation Leaders Recognized for Outstanding AccomplishmentsOMAHA, Neb., Sept. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Werner Enterprises (Nasdq: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, announces that Jaime Maus, Vice President of Safety and Compliance, and Cesile Johnson, Associate Vice President of IT Technical Operations, won the coveted Supply & Demand Chain Executive 2021 Women in Supply Chain Award. Both Maus and Johnson bring a depth of knowledge and experience to their position
Is Werner Enterprises (WERN) a great pick from the value investor's perspective right now? Read on to know more.
OMAHA, Neb., Sept. 10, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Werner Enterprises (Nasdaq: WERN), a premier transportation and logistics provider, is thrilled to celebrate its professional drivers during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. As a company that was started by a truck driver in 1956, appreciation for drivers is deeply rooted in its culture. Werner values its drivers by providing competitive pay, benefits and an environment focused on safety and driver comfort. National Truck Driver Appreciation Week is an excellent opportunity for everyone to give professional drivers the praise, recognition and appreciation they deserve for keeping America moving.
Freight Management System Market COVID -19 Impact | Biggest Innovation and Technology Progress with Top Key Players : DESCARTES, ORACLE, WERNER ENTERPRISES, etc.
Freight Management System | Market Detailed Study 2020-2026 How The Freight Management System Market Will Behave? A research report on the Freight Management System Market 2020 Industry Research Report is being published by Stats and Reports. This is a key document as far as the clients and industries are concerned to not only understand the 
If you buy and hold a stock for many years, you'd hope to be making a profit. But more than that, you probably want to...
WERN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WERNWant to do more research on Werner Enterprises Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Werner Enterprises Inc (WERN) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch