Wingstop Inc. (WING): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WING POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where WING ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.5% of US stocks.
- WING's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- WING ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
WING Stock Summary
- Wingstop Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 4.21% of US listed stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Wingstop Inc is higher than 93.16% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- WING's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 4.96% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Wingstop Inc are ACA, KMT, IHT, CMT, and ASGN.
- Visit WING's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wingstop.com.
WING Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, WING's price/sales ratio is 1242.86% higher, now standing at 18.8.
- Over the past 76 months, WING's price/earnings ratio has gone up 84.3.
- WING's price/earnings ratio has moved up 84.3 over the prior 76 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WING.
WING's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WING has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.73% of graded US stocks.
- WING's asset turnover comes in at 1.232 -- ranking 5th of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- PZZA, CMG, and RUTH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WING.
The table below shows WING's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WING Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WING Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.71||52-week high||$187.35|
|Prev. close||$78.82||52-week low||$67.67|
|Day high||$79.73||Avg. volume||600,899|
|50-day MA||$82.91||Dividend yield||0.91%|
|200-day MA||$136.28||Market Cap||2.23B|
Wingstop Inc. (WING) Company Bio
Wingstop franchises and operates restaurants under the Wingstop name that specialize in cooked-to-order, hand-sauced, and tossed chicken wings. The company was founded in 1994 and is based in Dallas, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WING Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WING Latest Social Stream
View Full WING Social Stream
Latest WING News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Wingstop Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WING as an investment opportunity.
Wingstop's total revenue jumped from $63.3 million a year ago to $72.0 million, and the company flipped from a net loss of $6.4 million to a net income of $6.9 million, or $0.24 earnings per share. Wingstop also cemented its 18-year streak of same-store sales growth -- a figure that the company claims leads the industry -- with 8% same-store sales growth for 2021. On the earnings call, management said that they expect chicken wings prices to drop from current levels of $2.60 per pound to "closer to the $2.00 range", which not only improves margins, but also keeps franchisees happy.
In a report released today, Nick Setyan from Wedbush maintained a Buy rating on Wingstop (WING – Research Report), with a price target of $195.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $162.66. According to TipRanks.com, Setyan is a 5-star analyst with an average return of 10.0% and a 54.7% success rate. Setyan covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as The ONE Group Hospitality, Papa John's International, and Brinker International. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Wingstop with a $181.56 average price target, representing a 21.0% upside. In a report issued on February 7, Robert W.
Wingstop shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 62 to 81.
Wingstop is cooking with gas despite elevated inflation. Here's one initiative they have in the works to keep sales hot.
Wingstop CEO Charlie Morrison joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss the company's digital strategy, supply chain challenges, and high wing prices.
WING Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|