Encore Wire Corporation (WIRE): Price and Financial Metrics
WIRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$174.29||52-week high||$206.74|
|Prev. close||$169.68||52-week low||$94.39|
|Day high||$175.23||Avg. volume||231,767|
|50-day MA||$166.73||Dividend yield||0.05%|
|200-day MA||$152.48||Market Cap||3.06B|
WIRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WIRE POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where WIRE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.32% of US stocks.
- WIRE's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- WIRE's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 4.44% of US stocks).
WIRE Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.21, ENCORE WIRE CORP P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 8.64% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- For WIRE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0.41% of US equities we're observing.
- WIRE's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 9.23% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ENCORE WIRE CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be MPX, CPSH, ROCK, NVFY, and SKY.
- WIRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ENCORE WIRE CORP's official web site, go to www.encorewire.com.
WIRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, WIRE's price/sales ratio is 47.37% lower, now standing at 1.
- WIRE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 24.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WIRE.
WIRE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 45.91%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 127.35%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 99.05%.
The table below shows WIRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WIRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WIRE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.7% of graded US stocks.
- WIRE's asset turnover comes in at 1.96 -- ranking 2nd of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- MLI, STLD, and MATW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WIRE.
The table below shows WIRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WIRE Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of WIRE, see our WIRE price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$112.50||Average Broker Recommendation||1.25 (Strong Buy)|
Encore Wire Corporation (WIRE) Company Bio
Encore Wire Corporation is a manufacturer of a broad range of electrical building wire for interior wiring in commercial and industrial buildings, homes, apartments, and manufactured housing. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in McKinney, Texas.
WIRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WIRE Latest Social Stream
View Full WIRE Social Stream
Latest WIRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ENCORE WIRE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WIRE as an investment opportunity.
Encore Wire (WIRE) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
Encore Wire (WIRE) closed at $169.68 in the latest trading session, marking a -0.43% move from the prior day.
Best Value Stocks to Buy for June 5th
EPD, WIRE and PERI made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on June 5, 2023.
Encore Wire (WIRE) Stock Moves -0.18%: What You Should Know
Encore Wire (WIRE) closed the most recent trading day at $170.38, moving -0.18% from the previous trading session.
Encore Wire (WIRE) Just Overtook the 20-Day Moving Average
When a stock breaks out above the 20-day simple moving average, good things could be on the horizon. How should investors react?
Encore Wire (WIRE) Crossed Above the 50-Day Moving Average: What That Means for Investors
Should investors be excited or worried when a stock crosses above the 50-Day simple moving average?
WIRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching WIREHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Encore Wire Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Encore Wire Corp (WIRE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Encore Wire Corp (WIRE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Encore Wire Corp (WIRE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...