Encore Wire Corporation (WIRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WIRE POWR Grades
- WIRE scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 97.81% of US stocks.
- WIRE's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- WIRE's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 40.9% of US stocks).
WIRE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Encore Wire Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Encore Wire Corp is higher than it is for about just 0.53% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.15 for Encore Wire Corp; that's greater than it is for just 10.19% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Encore Wire Corp are JOUT, STC, LZB, DORM, and GOLF.
- WIRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Encore Wire Corp's official web site, go to www.encorewire.com.
WIRE Valuation Summary
- WIRE's price/earnings ratio is 14.2; this is 51.37% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- WIRE's price/earnings ratio has moved down 7.2 over the prior 243 months.
- WIRE's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WIRE.
WIRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WIRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.39||52-week high||$88.05|
|Prev. close||$78.36||52-week low||$45.32|
|Day high||$80.28||Avg. volume||116,325|
|50-day MA||$76.57||Dividend yield||0.1%|
|200-day MA||$66.22||Market Cap||1.64B|
Encore Wire Corporation (WIRE) Company Bio
Encore Wire Corporation is a manufacturer of a broad range of electrical building wire for interior wiring in commercial and industrial buildings, homes, apartments, and manufactured housing. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in McKinney, Texas.
WIRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WIRE Latest Social Stream
View Full WIRE Social Stream
Latest WIRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Encore Wire Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WIRE as an investment opportunity.
TFII, PAG, WIRE, and PZZA made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on August 2, 2021
ACI, CCS, WIRE, HSII, and OC have been added to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) List on August 2, 2021.
CCS, WIRE, CWH, and PAG made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on August 2, 2021.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Encore Wire Corporation (NASDAQ: WIRE)Q2 2021 Earnings CallJul 28, 2021, 11:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorWelcome to the Encore Wire Reports Second Quarter Results Conference Call.
Reporting second-quarter 2021 earnings after the market closed yesterday, Encore Wire (NASDAQ: WIRE) smashed analysts' revenue and earnings estimates, supercharging investors' excitement. Whereas Wall Street was expecting Encore Wire to book revenue of $456.5 million and EPS of $1.38, the company reported $744.4 million on the top line and EPS of $8.82. Addressing the company's growth in its copper unit sales, CEO Daniel Jones said, "We believe we can sustain this volume growth, compared to prior period levels, for the remainder of 2021."
WIRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|