Encore Wire Corporation (WIRE): Price and Financial Metrics
WIRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$190.72||52-week high||$206.74|
|Prev. close||$191.21||52-week low||$132.32|
|Day high||$191.89||Avg. volume||230,875|
|50-day MA||$184.42||Dividend yield||0.04%|
|200-day MA||$175.10||Market Cap||3.01B|
WIRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WIRE POWR Grades
- WIRE scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.97% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WIRE is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- WIRE ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
WIRE Stock Summary
- WIRE's current price/earnings ratio is 6.46, which is higher than only 9.56% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For WIRE, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 0.22% of US equities we're observing.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.11 for ENCORE WIRE CORP; that's greater than it is for merely 9.84% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WIRE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IIIN, CMC, PRPO, CMT, and ASIX.
- Visit WIRE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.encorewire.com.
WIRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, WIRE's EV/EBIT ratio is 75.85% lower, now standing at 3.9.
- WIRE's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WIRE.
WIRE Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 45.91%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 127.35%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 99.05%.
The table below shows WIRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WIRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WIRE has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.7% of graded US stocks.
- WIRE's asset turnover comes in at 1.96 -- ranking 2nd of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- MLI, STLD, and MATW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WIRE.
The table below shows WIRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Encore Wire Corporation (WIRE) Company Bio
Encore Wire Corporation is a manufacturer of a broad range of electrical building wire for interior wiring in commercial and industrial buildings, homes, apartments, and manufactured housing. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in McKinney, Texas.
WIRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WIRE Latest Social Stream
View Full WIRE Social Stream
Latest WIRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ENCORE WIRE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WIRE as an investment opportunity.
MCKINNEY, Texas, November 07, 2023--Encore Wire Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: WIRE) announced today that the Company’s Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend.
Unveiling the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats of Encore Wire Corp (WIRE) Amidst a Competitive Landscape
Encore Wire Corporation ( NASDAQ:WIRE ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw a decent share price growth...
Encore Wire Corporation (NASDAQ:WIRE) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 25, 2023 Operator: Thank you for holding. And welcome everyone to the Encore Wire Corporation’s Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Call. [Operator Instructions] Thank you. We’ll now turn the call over to Bret Eckert. Mr. Eckert, please go ahead. Bret Eckert: Thank you. Thank you, Jack. […]
Q3 2023 Encore Wire Corp Earnings Call
WIRE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|