Westlake Corp. (WLK): Price and Financial Metrics
WLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$121.03||52-week high||$138.39|
|Prev. close||$124.18||52-week low||$81.29|
|Day high||$122.92||Avg. volume||505,822|
|50-day MA||$129.94||Dividend yield||1.59%|
|200-day MA||$118.00||Market Cap||15.46B|
WLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WLK POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where WLK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.83% of US stocks.
- WLK's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- WLK ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
WLK Stock Summary
- WLK has a higher market value than 88.5% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $16,232,885,940.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for WESTLAKE CORP is higher than it is for about 83.81% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, WLK is more volatile than only 20.7% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to WLK, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are TSN, AVTR, TKR, WMS, and THS.
- WLK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WESTLAKE CORP's official web site, go to www.westlake.com.
WLK Valuation Summary
- WLK's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.5; this is 26.06% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 232 months, WLK's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WLK.
WLK Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 32.8%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 40.9%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 19.35%.
The table below shows WLK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WLK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WLK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.3% of graded US stocks.
- WLK's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 41st of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- CE, ASIX, and EMN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WLK.
The table below shows WLK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Westlake Corp. (WLK) Company Bio
Westlake Corporation is an international manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and fabricated building products, which are fundamental to various consumer and industrial markets. The company was founded by Ting Tsung Chao in 1986. it is the largest producer of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) in the US and ranks among the Forbes Global 2000. Westlake Chemical operates in two segments: Olefins and Vinyls, and is also an integrated producer of vinyls, with substantial downstream integration into polyvinyl chloride (PVC) building products. (Source:Wikipedia)
WLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WLK Latest Social Stream
View Full WLK Social Stream
Latest WLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WESTLAKE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WLK as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, September 14, 2023--Westlake Corporation (NYSE: WLK) today announced the launch of PIVOTAL™, a line of "one-pellet solutions" for the introduction of post-consumer resin (PCR) into flexible packaging. PIVOTAL™ offers customers a more sustainable material for use in the production of non-FDA applications.
Westlake Corporation ( NYSE:WLK ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 3 days. The ex-dividend date is one...
The board of Westlake Corporation ( NYSE:WLK ) has announced that the dividend on 12th of September will be increased...
The worst result, after buying shares in a company (assuming no leverage), would be if you lose all the money you put...
HOUSTON, August 14, 2023--The Board of Directors of Westlake Corporation (NYSE: WLK) today declared a regular dividend distribution of 50.00 cents per share for the second quarter of 2023, an increase of approximately 40% from the 35.70 cents per share of the first quarter of 2023. This dividend will be payable on September 12, 2023, to stockholders of record on August 25, 2023.
WLK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|