Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WLK POWR Grades
- WLK scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 91.21% of US stocks.
- WLK's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- WLK's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 32.44% of US stocks).
WLK Stock Summary
- WLK's current price/earnings ratio is 3.65, which is higher than just 7.93% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, WLK has reported earnings growth of 198.56%, putting it ahead of 91.59% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for WESTLAKE CORP comes in at 66.33%, a number that bests 85.89% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WESTLAKE CORP are DAR, TGNA, SSP, TRU, and FOXA.
- WLK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WESTLAKE CORP's official web site, go to www.westlake.com.
WLK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, WLK's price/sales ratio is 52.94% lower, now standing at 0.8.
- Over the past 220 months, WLK's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WLK.
WLK Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -31.36%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 69.97%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 492.27%.
The table below shows WLK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WLK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WLK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.3% of graded US stocks.
- WLK's asset turnover comes in at 0.686 -- ranking 41st of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- CE, ASIX, and EMN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WLK.
The table below shows WLK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$85.78||52-week high||$141.19|
|Prev. close||$82.89||52-week low||$81.29|
|Day high||$86.24||Avg. volume||766,041|
|50-day MA||$96.53||Dividend yield||1.73%|
|200-day MA||$108.15||Market Cap||11.01B|
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK) Company Bio
Westlake Chemical is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products used in a range of products including: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC suspension and specialty resins and PVC building products including pipe and specialty components, windows, fence, deck and film. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WLK Latest Social Stream
View Full WLK Social Stream
Latest WLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WESTLAKE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WLK as an investment opportunity.
Earnings grew faster than the notable 14% CAGR delivered to Westlake (NYSE:WLK) shareholders over the last three years
Westlake Corporation ( NYSE:WLK ) shareholders have seen the share price descend 15% over the month. But over the last...
Alembic Global analyst Hassan Ahmed reiterated a Buy rating on Westlake Chemical (WLK - Research Report) today and set a price target of $145.00. The company's shares closed last Friday at $90.85.Ahmed covers the Basic Materials sector, focusing on stocks such as Dow Inc, Celanese, and Huntsman. According to TipRanks, Ahmed has an average return of 5.6% and a 44.27% success rate on recommended stocks. Currently, the analyst consensus on Westlake Chemical is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $119.54, which is a 31.58% upside from current levels.
With the world’s most powerful central bank committed to a hawkish monetary policy, the narrative for high-yield dividend stocks to buy – which can present fundamental risks – just got much more interesting. Let’s get the bad stuff out of the way first. While companies that pay dividends generally attract attention from long-term investors, too much of a good thing does exist. In other words, if a firm provides an incredibly generous payout, there might be a reason for it. Usually (although not
Westlake (WLK) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
JPMorgan says the S&P 500 could return 15% by year’s end — Here are 2 stocks the banking giant likes
Let’s talk about inflation. The big news on that front was the slow-down in the rate at which prices were accelerating, from 9.1% annualized in June to 8.5% in July. While still running hot, it was definitely a move in the right direction, and some market watchers have been openly speculating that it portend further reductions in the rate of price increases going forward. That’s an important point, as high inflation has prompted the Federal Reserve to increase interest rates at the highest pace in decades. While this is a central bank’s key move against inflation, it also increases the risk of recession.
WLK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|