Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WLK POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where WLK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.45% of US stocks.
- WLK's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- WLK's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 57.61% of US stocks).
WLK Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $13,170,018,355, Westlake Chemical Corp has a greater market value than 83.62% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Westlake Chemical Corp is higher than it is for about 84.49% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Westlake Chemical Corp is reporting a growth rate of 161.78%; that's higher than 86.6% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Westlake Chemical Corp are TGNA, BALY, OUT, HLIO, and STNE.
- WLK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Westlake Chemical Corp's official web site, go to www.westlake.com.
WLK Valuation Summary
- WLK's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 47.83% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 208 months, WLK's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
- WLK's price/earnings ratio has moved down 8.4 over the prior 208 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WLK.
WLK Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 131.99%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -20.68%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 80.61%.
The table below shows WLK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WLK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WLK has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 74.07% of graded US stocks.
- WLK's asset turnover comes in at 0.645 -- ranking 43rd of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- EMN, ASIX, and AVNT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WLK.
The table below shows WLK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.77||52-week high||$106.47|
|Prev. close||$101.02||52-week low||$64.41|
|Day high||$103.72||Avg. volume||590,557|
|50-day MA||$90.71||Dividend yield||1.16%|
|200-day MA||$90.71||Market Cap||13.17B|
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK) Company Bio
Westlake Chemical is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products used in a range of products including: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC suspension and specialty resins and PVC building products including pipe and specialty components, windows, fence, deck and film. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WLK Latest Social Stream
View Full WLK Social Stream
Latest WLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Westlake Chemical Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WLK as an investment opportunity.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Bank of America upgraded shares of Westlake Chemical (NYSE:WLK) from a neutral rating to a buy rating in a research note issued to investors on Monday morning, Analyst Ratings Network reports. They currently have $120.00 price objective on the specialty chemicals companys stock, up from their prior price objective of $97.00. A number of other 
Investors might want to bet on Westlake Chemical (WLK), as earnings estimates for this company have been showing solid improvement lately. The stock has already gained solid short-term price momentum, and this trend might continue with its still improving earnings outlook. The upward trend in estimate revisions for this chemical company reflects growing optimism of  The post Earnings Estimates Moving Higher for Westlake (WLK): Time to Buy? appeared first on UK Stocks, Forex, Commodities, Crypto, Live Market News- Daily Forex News .
WLK, SIG, and OLN made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on October 20, 2021.
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) will release its third quarter earnings for 2021 prior to the market opening on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. The company will host a conference call at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (10:00 a.m. Central Time) on the same day to discuss the earnings release. To access the conference call, dial (855) 760-8160, or (704) 288-0624 for international callers, approximately 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time and reference passcode 249
WLK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|