Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WLK POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where WLK ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.9% of US stocks.
- WLK's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- WLK ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 63rd percentile.
WLK Stock Summary
- WLK has a market capitalization of $10,581,191,182 -- more than approximately 81.78% of US stocks.
- For WLK, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 85.36% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for WLK comes in at 10.2% -- higher than that of 79.9% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Westlake Chemical Corp are UHT, EGP, FUL, NI, and GTES.
- WLK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Westlake Chemical Corp's official web site, go to www.westlake.com.
WLK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, WLK's price/sales ratio is 23.53% lower, now standing at 1.3.
- Over the past 206 months, WLK's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.7.
- WLK's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.7 over the prior 206 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WLK.
WLK Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 59.78%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -13.56%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 96.31%.
The table below shows WLK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$82.73||52-week high||$106.47|
|Prev. close||$82.58||52-week low||$53.25|
|Day high||$83.35||Avg. volume||573,929|
|50-day MA||$94.78||Dividend yield||1.31%|
|200-day MA||$86.58||Market Cap||10.60B|
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK) Company Bio
Westlake Chemical is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products used in a range of products including: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC suspension and specialty resins and PVC building products including pipe and specialty components, windows, fence, deck and film. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
WLK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Westlake Chemical Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Westlake Chemical Corp ranked in the 51th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Westlake Chemical Corp ended up being:
- Westlake Chemical Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 15.56% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Basic Materials), Westlake Chemical Corp has a reliance on debt greater than 56.53% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WLK Latest Social Stream
View Full WLK Social Stream
Latest WLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Westlake Chemical Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WLK as an investment opportunity.
Westlake Chemical (WLK) has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
NoLiMiT_Bkk/iStock via Getty Images Westlake Chemical ([[WLK]] +2.8%) rebounds from a near six-month low after RBC Capital upgrades shares to Outperform from Sector Perform with a $105 price target, citing improving chlor-alkali fundamentals and an attractive valuation. RBC analyst Arun Viswanathan expects Westlake "will continue to benefit from strong demand pull...
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Westlake Chemical Corporation (NYSE: WLK) will release its second quarter earnings for 2021 prior to the market opening on Tuesday, August 3, 2021. The company will host a conference call at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (10:00 a.m. Central Time) on the same day to discuss the earnings release. To access the conference call, dial (855) 760-8160, or (704) 288-0624 for international callers, approximately 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time and reference passcode 4594
Shares of Dow Inc. took a dive Friday toward a five-month low, after BofA Securities analyst Steve Byrne turned bearish, relative to other chemical companies, citing the belief that "the top is near" in polyethylene markets.
QFIN, PAM, DOW, and WLK made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on July 15, 2021.
WLK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|