Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WLK POWR Grades
- WLK scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.26% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WLK is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 206 days.
- WLK's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 65.29% of US stocks).
WLK Stock Summary
- WLK has a market capitalization of $13,077,214,483 -- more than approximately 84.52% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Westlake Chemical Corp is higher than it is for about 85.28% of US stocks.
- Westlake Chemical Corp's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 8.25%, greater than the shareholder yield of 77.82% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Westlake Chemical Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be AVTR, FUL, UHT, JHX, and AKR.
- WLK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Westlake Chemical Corp's official web site, go to www.westlake.com.
WLK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WLK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$105.00||52-week high||$105.54|
|Prev. close||$104.10||52-week low||$40.55|
|Day high||$105.35||Avg. volume||609,311|
|50-day MA||$94.15||Dividend yield||1.04%|
|200-day MA||$78.90||Market Cap||13.45B|
Westlake Chemical Corporation (WLK) Company Bio
Westlake Chemical is a manufacturer and supplier of petrochemicals, polymers and building products used in a range of products including: ethylene, polyethylene, styrene, propylene, caustic, VCM, PVC suspension and specialty resins and PVC building products including pipe and specialty components, windows, fence, deck and film. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Houston, Texas.
WLK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Westlake Chemical Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Westlake Chemical Corp ranked in the 42th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for WLK, they are:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 79.96% of its sector Basic Materials.
- Westlake Chemical Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 12.41% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Westlake Chemical Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WLK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WLK Latest Social Stream
View Full WLK Social Stream
Latest WLK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Westlake Chemical Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WLK as an investment opportunity.
Top Ranked Growth Stocks to Buy for May 14th
Does Westlake Chemical (WLK) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Westlake Chemical Corporation's (NYSE:WLK) CEO Might Not Expect Shareholders To Be So Generous This Year
Westlake Chemical Corporation ( NYSE:WLK ) has not performed well recently and CEO Albert Chao will probably need to up...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 4, 2021 / Westlake Chemical Corp. (NYSE:WLK) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2021 First Quarter Earnings call to be held on May 4, 2021 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time.
WLK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|