Waste Management, Inc. (WM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WM POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where WM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.51% of US stocks.
- WM's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 52 weeks.
- WM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 40.37% of US stocks).
WM Stock Summary
- Waste Management Inc's market capitalization of $66,887,361,189 is ahead of 95.99% of US-listed equities.
- WM's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 3,266.15 -- higher than 98.98% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Waste Management Inc's stock had its IPO on September 30, 1991, making it an older stock than 82.71% of US equities in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Waste Management Inc are AMOV, IQV, RSG, CB, and FDX.
- WM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Waste Management Inc's official web site, go to www.wm.com.
WM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, WM's price/sales ratio is 129.41% higher, now standing at 3.9.
- Over the past 243 months, WM's price/sales ratio has gone up 2.3.
- Over the past 243 months, WM's price/earnings ratio has gone down 77.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WM.
WM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 39.52%.
- The 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 14.72%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -17.73%.
The table below shows WM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.71% of graded US stocks.
- WM's asset turnover comes in at 0.589 -- ranking 8th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- HCCI, CWST, and PESI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WM.
The table below shows WM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$161.32||52-week high||$162.33|
|Prev. close||$160.50||52-week low||$106.11|
|Day high||$162.33||Avg. volume||1,589,975|
|50-day MA||$153.67||Dividend yield||1.43%|
|200-day MA||$136.97||Market Cap||67.93B|
Waste Management, Inc. (WM) Company Bio
Waste Management is a provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. The company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
WM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WM Latest Social Stream
View Full WM Social Stream
Latest WM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Waste Management Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WM as an investment opportunity.
BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- #Floridajobcreation--Waste Management, the largest environmental services provider in North America, has nearly 5,000 team members in Florida, and is looking to hire 300 more. The company is recruiting a variety of positions including CDL Drivers, Diesel Mechanics and Recycling Sorters and is offering signing bonuses, increased wages, and enhanced benefits in most job categories. We have continued to provide an essential service to our customers and communities in Florida through
WM Highlights Investments in Its People, Recycling and Renewable Natural Gas in 2021 Sustainability Report
HOUSTON, October 13, 2021--WM released its Sustainability Report noting progress on its 2025 and 2038 sustainability goals around people, customers, environment and community.
Furthermore, some of these dividend growth stocks provide added stability in the form of goods or services that are seldom cut back by customers -- even in uncertain times. Today we will look at three of these S&P 500 dividend growth stocks that should hold up regardless of what market conditions may occur. Operating in an industry that will disappear only if humanity ceases to exist, aptly-named Waste Management (NYSE: WM) offers a reasonable 1.5% dividend that has increased for 18 consecutive years.
SusGlobal (SNRG) Buys New Production and Distribution Facility, Opening Doors for Municipal Contracts
Photo by Quintin Gellar from Pexels The following post was written and/or published as a collaboration between Benzinga’s in-house sponsored content team and a financial partner of Benzinga. Waste management might not be your typical headline-grabber (and we’re not talking about Waste Management (NYSE: WM)) here, but when you don’t have a place to put your garbage, you’re going to sit up and pay attention. Cereal boxes are one thing, but a bag full of organic waste deepens the concern. Companies
Resilient stocks hold up well during a recession, and these three stocks will continue performing in an economic downturn.
WM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|