Waste Management, Inc. (WM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WM POWR Grades
- WM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.4% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WM is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- WM ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 39th percentile.
WM Stock Summary
- WM has a higher market value than 95.71% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $59,460,845,844.
- Waste Management Inc's stock had its IPO on September 30, 1991, making it an older stock than 82.7% of US equities in our set.
- The volatility of Waste Management Inc's share price is greater than that of only 13.78% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Waste Management Inc are RACE, NSC, PSA, APD, and EMR.
- Visit WM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.wm.com.
WM Valuation Summary
- WM's EV/EBIT ratio is 29.7; this is 19.76% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- WM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $5.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WM.
WM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$139.82||52-week high||$144.54|
|Prev. close||$140.86||52-week low||$100.45|
|Day high||$141.50||Avg. volume||1,788,390|
|50-day MA||$138.53||Dividend yield||1.63%|
|200-day MA||$122.05||Market Cap||59.02B|
Waste Management, Inc. (WM) Company Bio
Waste Management is a provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. The company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also a leading developer, operator and owner of landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Houston, Texas.
WM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Waste Management Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Waste Management Inc ranked in the 34th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Waste Management Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 5.89 -- which is good for besting 55.17% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- Waste Management Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 22.18% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
WM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WM Latest Social Stream
View Full WM Social Stream
Latest WM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Waste Management Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WM as an investment opportunity.
WOLF HALDENSTEIN ADLER FREEMAN & HERZ LLP: USA WASTE-MANAGEMENT RESOURCES, LLC DATA BREACH INVESTIGATION ALERT
Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP, a preeminent national consumer rights law firm, announces that it is investigating claims on behalf of current and former employees of USA Waste-Management Resources, LLC ("WM").
Great dividends often come from overlooked corners of the market. Cigarettes, water, diapers, and garbage are just a few of the commodities that help make great dividend stock companies profitable. As we look for great dividend stocks in the industrials segment, I think Waste Management (NYSE: WM), UPS (NYSE: UPS), and 3M (NYSE: MMM) are all being overlooked by investors.
In this article we are going to list the 15 Biggest Stock Scams In Recent Years. Click to skip ahead and jump to the 5 Biggest Stock Scams In Recent Years. Money doesn’t bring happiness is a fine saying, but only if you have enough money not to have to worry about basic things. Ask a person […]
In this article we discuss the 10 best stocks to buy now according to Bill Gates. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to the 5 Best Stocks to Buy Now According to Bill Gates. The creator of tech giant Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Bill Gates has put billions of dollars […]
Waste Management, Inc. (WM) Management Presents at KeyBanc Industrials & Basic Materials Virtual Conference (Transcript)
Waste Management, Inc. (WM) KeyBanc Industrials & Basic Materials Virtual Conference June 1, 2021 2:00 PM ET Company Participants Tara Hemmer - Chief Sustainability Officer Mike Watson - Chief Customer Officer Conference Call Participants Sean Eastman - KeyBanc Capital Markets Presentation Sean Eastman Hello everyone and welcome to the KBCM...
WM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|