Weis Markets, Inc. (WMK): Price and Financial Metrics
WMK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.14||52-week high||$89.22|
|Prev. close||$60.35||52-week low||$58.75|
|Day high||$61.43||Avg. volume||92,171|
|50-day MA||$63.52||Dividend yield||2.24%|
|200-day MA||$69.81||Market Cap||1.64B|
WMK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMK POWR Grades
- WMK scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 93.03% of US stocks.
- WMK's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- WMK ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 26th percentile.
WMK Stock Summary
- WEIS MARKETS INC's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.73% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of WEIS MARKETS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- WMK's price/sales ratio is 0.35; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 13.75% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to WEIS MARKETS INC are CHS, SXT, VALU, KTB, and CNXN.
- WMK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit WEIS MARKETS INC's official web site, go to www.weismarkets.com.
WMK Valuation Summary
- WMK's EV/EBIT ratio is 12.1; this is 28.19% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- WMK's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMK.
WMK Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 44.31%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 50.64%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 12.36%.
The table below shows WMK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.86% of graded US stocks.
- WMK's asset turnover comes in at 2.272 -- ranking 30th of 165 Retail stocks.
- OLLI, KIRK, and SFM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMK.
The table below shows WMK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Weis Markets, Inc. (WMK) Company Bio
Weis Markets operates grocery stores in the northeast and mid-atlantic region of the U.S. The company was founded in 1912 and is based in Sunbury, Pennsylvania.
WMK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMK Latest Social Stream
View Full WMK Social Stream
Latest WMK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about WEIS MARKETS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMK as an investment opportunity.
The Food and Drug Administration said it is screening cinnamon shipments from several countries as part of its investigation of illnesses potentially linked to pouches of cinnamon-flavored applesauce. The federal agency said this week it believes the cinnamon used in these products could be the source of lead contamination. There have been 34 reports of lead-related illnesses potentially tied to the recalled products.
The e-commerce giant also expanded same-day delivery availability with the regional grocer.
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. Firstly, we'd...
Federal health officials expanded a recall of children’s fruit pouches to include two more brands over fears of possible lead contamination. Grocery store chains Schnucks and Weis Markets were added to the recall after the Food and Drug Administration said certain brand-name cinnamon applesauce pouches sold in their stores could contain too much lead. The initial recall in late October included one brand of apple cinnamon fruit puree pouches, made by WanaBana.
Company's year-to-date sales also up by 2.8% while net income decreases by 13.5%
WMK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|