Weis Markets, Inc. (WMK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
WMK POWR Grades
- WMK scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 98.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for WMK is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- WMK ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
WMK Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for WMK is 3.46 -- better than 86.44% of US stocks.
- WMK's went public 34.25 years ago, making it older than 89.32% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.47, Weis Markets Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 10.37% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Weis Markets Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be DGICA, NPK, BSET, CGA, and JZXN.
- WMK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Weis Markets Inc's official web site, go to www.weismarkets.com.
WMK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, WMK's price/sales ratio is 85.19% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- WMK's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, WMK's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for WMK.
WMK Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 21.91%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -36.05%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 4.56%.
The table below shows WMK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
WMK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- WMK has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.86% of graded US stocks.
- WMK's asset turnover comes in at 2.272 -- ranking 30th of 165 Retail stocks.
- OLLI, KIRK, and SFM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with WMK.
The table below shows WMK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
WMK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
WMK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.67||52-week high||$86.75|
|Prev. close||$74.54||52-week low||$50.78|
|Day high||$75.37||Avg. volume||71,310|
|50-day MA||$77.23||Dividend yield||1.72%|
|200-day MA||$67.28||Market Cap||2.01B|
Weis Markets, Inc. (WMK) Company Bio
Weis Markets operates grocery stores in the northeast and mid-atlantic region of the U.S. The company was founded in 1912 and is based in Sunbury, Pennsylvania.
Most Popular Stories View All
WMK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
WMK Latest Social Stream
View Full WMK Social Stream
Latest WMK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Weis Markets Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate WMK as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Weis Markets...
SUNBURY, Pa. , Feb. 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets, Inc.''s (NYSE: WMK ) Board of Directors today declared a quarterly dividend of $.32 per share to shareholders of record as of February 14, 2022 payable on February 28, 2022 . Full story available on Benzinga.com
Weis Markets (NYSE:WMK) declares $0.32/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Forward yield 2.13%Payable Feb. 28; for shareholders of record Feb. 14; ex-div Feb.
Seattle, WA, based Investment company Lesa Sroufe & Co (Current Portfolio) buys Dole PLC, International Seaways Inc, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, Starbucks Corp, Coca-Cola Co, sells Weis Markets Inc, Pfizer Inc, Vanguard Information Technology ETF during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Lesa Sroufe & Co.
If you're not sure where to start when looking for the next multi-bagger, there are a few key trends you should keep an...
WMK Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|